Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Tapatalk

I'm hardly ever on my computer. So my activities on the forum are always on my iPhone using the Tapatalk app. It works perfectly fine, put if I try to post a picture and have Tapatalk host it, it's all low quality and kinda horrible looking. Now I'm using Flickr to post image codes. On the up side, the pictures are at a high quality. The down side, when you click on the image, it redirects you to the Flickr site. I like it when I can click an image and just have it full screen without having to be redirected. Any way to do that with Tapatalk? Or just on the iPhone in general?
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
I'm hardly ever on my computer. So my activities on the forum are always on my iPhone using the Tapatalk app. It works perfectly fine, put if I try to post a picture and have Tapatalk host it, it's all low quality and kinda horrible looking. Now I'm using Flickr to post image codes. On the up side, the pictures are at a high quality. The down side, when you click on the image, it redirects you to the Flickr site. I like it when I can click an image and just have it full screen without having to be redirected. Any way to do that with Tapatalk? Or just on the iPhone in general?

This isn't Tapatalk or your iPhone, it's the person that posted the picture.

If a person posts a picture on Camaro5 from photobucket, photoshop, flickr, tumblr, etc. on a computer, the picture would just look like a normal copy-and-paste picture, but when you go to look at it on Tapatalk, it will take you to the link of the picture. If the person just copys and pastes a picture, it will load like a normal picture on your iPhone.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Saint Alban

Yea, I knew that much and I'm not placing blame on the phone or the app. What I meant to say was, when I post a picture myself using Tapatalk, tapping on it redirects me and whoever else because I have to put a image code. Is there a way for me to post a picture without the redirection for people on an iPhone like myself? A simple copy and paste like on a computer that'll just open.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Anyone having trouble using tapatalk with this site for the last few days? I keep getting the message "Failed to connect to the forum..." I've got the most recent version and it works fine for the other forums I'm visit.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Yea, I knew that much and I'm not placing blame on the phone or the app. What I meant to say was, when I post a picture myself using Tapatalk, tapping on it redirects me and whoever else because I have to put a image code. Is there a way for me to post a picture without the redirection for people on an iPhone like myself? A simple copy and paste like on a computer that'll just open.
I know you aren't. I never post a picture on TapaTalk from another website, but I'm pretty sure I know another way to. Try saving the picture to your iPhone, then load it on to TapaTalk from your saved pictures. Try this and let me know how it works out.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Anyone having trouble using tapatalk with this site for the last few days? I keep getting the message "Failed to connect to the forum..." I've got the most recent version and it works fine for the other forums I'm visit.
I haven't gotten this message, but I haven't been on TapaTalk in the last couple of days. It's either a glitch with the forum on TapaTalk or the forum in general. Next time it happens, log out of TapaTalk for awhile or reboot your smartphone. Let me know if this helps at all. If not, I'll look into other solutions to your problem.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I know you aren't. I never post a picture on TapaTalk from another website, but I'm pretty sure I know another way to. Try saving the picture to your iPhone, then load it on to TapaTalk from your saved pictures. Try this and let me know how it works out.
Yea thats the first method I tried. It works and it shows up without any redirection, but the problem was that it is very low grainy quality. So I started using Flickr. I'm guessing ill just have to wait and see if Tapatalk updates so that it hosts and posts pictures at the same quality you upload them at.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Yea thats the first method I tried. It works and it shows up without any redirection, but the problem was that it is very low grainy quality. So I started using Flickr. I'm guessing ill just have to wait and see if Tapatalk updates so that it hosts and posts pictures at the same quality you upload them at.

Yeah. I see where you're coming from. Lets just say Tapatalk isn't as good as it can be.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
I haven't gotten this message, but I haven't been on TapaTalk in the last couple of days. It's either a glitch with the forum on TapaTalk or the forum in general. Next time it happens, log out of TapaTalk for awhile or reboot your smartphone. Let me know if this helps at all. If not, I'll look into other solutions to your problem.
Still happening. I even removed the forum, uninstalled TapaTalk, shut down the phone and pulled the battery, then reinstalled TapaTalk and setup all my forums again. I can get on every other forum except this one. It has got me confused.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Still happening. I even removed the forum, uninstalled TapaTalk, shut down the phone and pulled the battery, then reinstalled TapaTalk and setup all my forums again. I can get on every other forum except this one. It has got me confused.
I'm thinking it's the forum. Does C5 work when you load it on your smartphone Internet instead of TapaTalk? Also, have you tried to connect to C5 on TapaTalk while using a different WiFi source?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #11
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
I'm thinking it's the forum. Does C5 work when you load it on your smartphone Internet instead of TapaTalk? Also, have you tried to connect to C5 on TapaTalk while using a different WiFi source?
I can get to C5 via the browser on the phone, but I haven't tried using a different source. I'll try that as soon as I can. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
GretchenGotGrowl

Still not joy. Even on Wi-Fi it can't connect. Oh well.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

I say just stick with your phones browser. You can do more by just going to Camaro5.com. That's what I do.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Downloaded tapatalk on my iPhone.

Hate it.

Just as easy to browse with a normal safari browser.

What is the benefit of tapatalk?