Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #15
TheFlyingBananaSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
The stock headlights on the non RS are pathetic. It's true, they down right suk. That's why I got projectors. However you can get a really good hid kit for less than half the price of that junk led set you are looking at.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #16
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Wish I had the extra funds right now. For 99 bucks I'd love to see how they compare to the halogens. Plus they would match my Fog/DRL's.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:18 AM   #17
DonM
This is my 3rd Camaro

Drives: All black '13 LS / Darth Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
Can't see anything at all?
Sure you don't just need new headlights because my stocks were pretty good
I'm just bored and can't leave well enough alone witch is why I switch to projectors.

If you want brighter LED will do it. But buy quality alot of LED systems stop working because of heat killing the boards the leds mount to every company loves to boast about there cooling as well soo good luck.
It COULD just be that my lights are worn out, after all they are 4 years old and with the way my DRLs work, they are on ALL of the time. I'm avoiding the $18.99 and $24.99 LED kits, that seems too cheap for a good set from a no-name company, that's why I'm going with headlightexperts.com they have all the specs on their site, answer email questions quickly and have a lifetime warranty. So $100 doesn't seem too unreasonable. I had a set of projector fog lights back in the day and they were awesome! Did everything I wanted them to, but I can't put that kind of money into projector housings so I'm more or less stuck with bulb upgrades, and like I said, there is a lot of negative about the Sylvanias and the Philips upgrade bulbs (lack of longevity) so it makes me leery of getting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Wish I had the extra funds right now. For 99 bucks I'd love to see how they compare to the halogens. Plus they would match my Fog/DRL's.
I don't really have the extra funds either, but I'm hoping that by pushing the "Birthday present" idea to the wife, it might work to shake loose the cash.

DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:52 AM   #18
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
It COULD just be that my lights are worn out, after all they are 4 years old and with the way my DRLs work, they are on ALL of the time. I'm avoiding the $18.99 and $24.99 LED kits, that seems too cheap for a good set from a no-name company, that's why I'm going with headlightexperts.com they have all the specs on their site, answer email questions quickly and have a lifetime warranty. So $100 doesn't seem too unreasonable. I had a set of projector fog lights back in the day and they were awesome! Did everything I wanted them to, but I can't put that kind of money into projector housings so I'm more or less stuck with bulb upgrades, and like I said, there is a lot of negative about the Sylvanias and the Philips upgrade bulbs (lack of longevity) so it makes me leery of getting them.

I don't really have the extra funds either, but I'm hoping that by pushing the "Birthday present" idea to the wife, it might work to shake loose the cash.
say no more i leave the auto function on as well
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #19
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2000 MCSS, 2013 1LS & 68 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to ChibiBlackSheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
there is a lot of negative about the Sylvanias and the Philips upgrade bulbs (lack of longevity) so it makes me leery of getting them.
The brighter the bulb, the hotter the bulb, the lesser the longevity of the bulb. They do list the hours directly on the backs of the boxes. I like to find the balance between brightness and hours on my replacement bulbs. While Silverstar ULTRAs do have poor life, they are bright. I usually go a step below the max, and a step above the stock.

2013 Camaro 1LS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Show Car
2000 Monte Carlo SS - Paxton Novi Supercharged Project
2008 Impala LT - Because we need at least ONE family car
ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote