Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
Hi everyone, I am a newbie and I have some question about the exhaust.

After many days of all kind of researching and listening. I decided to go for the MRT V1 since it sounds more aggressive just the way i want it than the V2 (v2 is just more muscular and deep, but I like the V1 for its aggressive and meanness). However, I also came up with two questions before ordering.

1) What type of warranty will be void if I replace my stock muffler for a MRT V1 axle back? Will it void or will not void my warranty? I heard from nothing will happen, to the dealership will try anything to void my warranty. So I am confused with no answer.

2) I checked around these days about the price of the MRT V1, but I found out that there are two versions of the exhaust. Either with or without the GFX kit.
What is the GFX kit? I have a 2014 1lt rs, which one should I buy?

Thank you guys, you guys are awesome and helpful !! =)
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Josh.Duncan

Drives: 2014 1LT/RS Camaro; 2012 VW Jetta
Get the MRT V1.0 without GFX. The GFX kit is for the cars with ground effects. As far as warranty goes I have heard it just voids that exhaust system. I could be wrong though.
MRT V1.0 Axle-Back Exhaust
BMR Strut Tower Brace
LG Motorsports ZR28 Black Wheels
Josh.Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
searam

Drives: 2014 2LT Spring Edition
you don't need the gfx kit, its for the square exit which the 14s don't have. as for warranty it shouldn't affect it unless you have specific problems with the exhaust which won't be covered.
searam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
you already got the answers you needed, and the answers are true. IF you take your car to a Chevy/GM dealer and tell you different, they are LYING to you. What covers you NATIONALLY is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Not sure where you were planning to buy it.....but I got mine directly from MRT...and had FREE shipping. currently $472.99

http://www.*************.com/camaro-...k-exhaust.html

Oh and btw......Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 09-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I'll take the drink that's in row 4 and the 9th one over to the right.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
get a dynomax
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I came full circle on this aftermarket exhaust issue and just installed a GM NPP factory dual mode exhaust.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376190

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:36 PM   #8
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by searam View Post
you don't need the gfx kit, its for the square exit which the 14s don't have. as for warranty it shouldn't affect it unless you have specific problems with the exhaust which won't be covered.
Got it, thanks!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #9
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
you already got the answers you needed, and the answers are true. IF you take your car to a Chevy/GM dealer and tell you different, they are LYING to you. What covers you NATIONALLY is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Not sure where you were planning to buy it.....but I got mine directly from MRT...and had FREE shipping. currently $472.99

http://www.*************.com/camaro-...k-exhaust.html

Oh and btw......Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Thanks a lot, appreciate for ur answer!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #10
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
get a dynomax
Didn't like, sound similar to the stock's from youtube...