Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #29
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Yep, I sent mine back for a refund. Mine arrived brand new and defective.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #30
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
You also have a different car, being a 6 cylinder, just about anything will be an improvement that is easily noticed.

Disclaimer. .......... not hating on 6 cylinders!
Maybe all these 6 cylinder owners wanting crisper throttle response have slushbox automatics. On my 6sp manual, my throttle response is very crisp. I have no complaints.

I have driven low end torque monsters and this little 323hp V6 still impresses me. Yeah, you got to get revs up to fully enjoy the powerband, but with the manual trans that's not a problem.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #31
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
I have wanted one of these since joining this forum and finding out about them. But I hesitated. Everyone was saying how great they are, etc,,,, Which is what made me hesitate. Anything too good to be true, usually is. Then I started seeing all the issues pop up and several for sale in the classifieds here and else where. So long story short, glad I did not get it. Other ways of making the car better. Through research and a lot of reading it seems the ones that do not have trouble are the V6 crowd/users. Which is great for them. But the V8 crowd/users seem to be hit or miss.

OP has your refund made it yet or gotten the new one in the mail? I did not read every single post
Old 09-21-2017, 08:04 PM   #32
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Lol, mine's STILL sitting in the glove compartment of my ride... waiting for that faithful day, I guess lol. I added the BBK TB, and I've been very impressed with the response and smooth acceleration I'm getting. For me it was an 'impulse' buy... and when I came to my senses, I thought - why mess with a good thing??

Thoroughly happy with my setup without the Vitesse installed... Maybe one day I'll play with it, then again maybe not...

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #33
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Maybe all these 6 cylinder owners wanting crisper throttle response have slushbox automatics. On my 6sp manual, my throttle response is very crisp. I have no complaints.

I have driven low end torque monsters and this little 323hp V6 still impresses me. Yeah, you got to get revs up to fully enjoy the powerband, but with the manual trans that's not a problem.

I can tell you that my V8 305hp 1999 Z28 M6 was a joy to ride. Had lots of fun with that ride all up and down CA... and it had less HP than the new V6's... albeit probably not less torque. I can imagine that the V6 2010 plus Camaro's are a joy to drive also.

Lots of love and respect for today's V6 Camaro.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #34
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
I'm still waiting on my refund. Tracking says delivery was attempted and that it's now waiting for pick up at the post office.

My other question is if he knew he had a batch of bad units, as I was told, why did he ship a knowingly defective unit to me? Smh
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:32 PM   #35
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Yeah, drive by wire is drive by wire, and it doesn't matter what kind of engine or transmission you have. There is lag, and its done intentionally to meet emissions standards and improve gas mileage. The owners of ALL modern vehicles complain about the DBW lag regardless of make and model. The 1999 Z28 was fun because it had a throttle cable. The VTC gets you much closer to having a throttle cable.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:26 AM   #36
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Yeah, drive by wire is drive by wire, and it doesn't matter what kind of engine or transmission you have. There is lag, and its done intentionally to meet emissions standards and improve gas mileage. The owners of ALL modern vehicles complain about the DBW lag regardless of make and model. The 1999 Z28 was fun because it had a throttle cable. The VTC gets you much closer to having a throttle cable.
I don't know what kind of lag you're talking about. When I'm in gear at that sweet spot in the rpm range, I can literally "jerk" the car forward when I stab the gas pedal. So, VTC must improve the feel of the automatics more so than the manual.

I also a have throttle cabled car as well (L98 350 TPI) so I know what those feel like as well.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:49 AM   #37
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a 2011 SS and have had My vtc for almost 3 years. I kept it on even after I was tuned. I couldn't imagine taking it off. I have never had any issues with it.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:51 AM   #38
Yellow2010

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS 2010
Quote:
I don't know what kind of lag you're talking about. When I'm in gear at that sweet spot in the rpm range, I can literally "jerk" the car forward when I stab the gas pedal. So, VTC must improve the feel of the automatics more so than the manual.

I also a have throttle cabled car as well (L98 350 TPI) so I know what those feel like as well.
Mine does that as well, where I found it most helpful was from a dead stop. The throttle response was much quicker.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #39
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow2010 View Post
Mine does that as well, where I found it most helpful was from a dead stop. The throttle response was much quicker.
The V6 owners get a double whammy though. We still have the WOT restriction until 4k rpms and nothing gets rid of that, not even a tune from the V6 tuner guru himself, Will at Overkill.

Hard coded into the ECM it seems.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #40
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Quote:

Lol. Everyone's car does that in the sweet spot. Its the un-sweet spots where the VTC shines. Mine is set to SP7, and my car jerks in Reverse. Hahaha.