Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: Shifting into 2nd gear on your V6 M6?
Periodic / Regular Grind 194 45.97%
Periodic / Regular Bind 89 21.09%
No Issue 139 32.94%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #841
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
5yr/100k miles. Don't mod the car too much or you'll be paying for the replacement parts if they void your powertrain warranty.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #842
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
5yr/100k miles. Don't mod the car too much or you'll be paying for the replacement parts if they void your powertrain warranty.
I did the calcs if they have to fix it one more time in my case. Its costing them more than a new tranny...
Calcs first time it broke: rental 720$ + new clutch 300
second time it broke: rental 720+ new clutch 300 +gears + syncros
Total 1920$ and counting cause I am still in the rental.. Price of a T56 3000$.

Lawsuit cost if it frackups up again unknown cause i will sue them.
I am not going to spend a dime more on this car other than required to maintain warranty.. Why would i invest in a lemon?? or a piece of furniture..

Last edited by piticu667; 03-31-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added some stuff
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #843
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Hey guys, I think the flywheel bolt problem has finally started to rear its ugly head for me. Any of you guy's who have had it get a clunk releasing the clutch when shifting into neutral?
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #844
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Hey guys, I think the flywheel bolt problem has finally started to rear its ugly head for me. Any of you guy's who have had it get a clunk releasing the clutch when shifting into neutral?
Yes sir thats how it started on mine.. That was when i started taking my car to different GM shops to get them to notice it.. 2 weeks ago just before my tranny died the last mechanic I went to said it was normal... Jeez what a dumb ass that guy...
Sorry to inform you but yeah I had that.. They are currently replacing the syncros and slave cylinder.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #845
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
Yes sir thats how it started on mine.. That was when i started taking my car to different GM shops to get them to notice it.. 2 weeks ago just before my tranny died the last mechanic I went to said it was normal... Jeez what a dumb ass that guy...
Sorry to inform you but yeah I had that.. They are currently replacing the syncros and slave cylinder.
Thanks I just needed to confirm with someone else. The clutch actually didn't disengage on me one night at a red light. It's required more force sometimes to shift between gears now too. All dismissed because they cant reproduce it in a single test drive.

I've found a reliable service rep at my dealer finally. It took about 4 weeks to get a leather seat cover that wore out prematurely replaced. The fool that just ignored me is the same one that dismissed my transmission problems. So I called in after the regular staff had left, 4 days later I had a new leather seat. So I should better luck this time around.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #846
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Well...Summit Traded his car :( for a 2011 V6 Stang Auto :(
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #847
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
He can do whatever he wants. Doesn't mean I'll do the same.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #848
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
I have similar issues; Hard to tell exactly when because it happens under different load situation, high RPM, low RPM, up-shift, down shift combinations. I've started double clutching and heel toe techniquest to resolve.
My plan is to simply fry the clutch and then replace it with a Spec, or Ram dual disk system made for high power aggressive applications. And that's it. No point jerking around with GM they'll just cause stress and aggrivation, and besides I'll have so much power they'll blame it on the mods anyway.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #849
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I have similar issues; Hard to tell exactly when because it happens under different load situation, high RPM, low RPM, up-shift, down shift combinations. I've started double clutching and heel toe techniquest to resolve.
My plan is to simply fry the clutch and then replace it with a Spec, or Ram dual disk system made for high power aggressive applications. And that's it. No point jerking around with GM they'll just cause stress and aggrivation, and besides I'll have so much power they'll blame it on the mods anyway.
I'd do that If their was an aftermarket option somewhere other than Australia. Us V6's don't have any state side yet.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #850
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Quote:
So the royal purple didnt solve his problem?
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #851
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
At high rpms a speed shift still grinds a bit. I just drive it normally and spirited occasionally with no issues. Other than the new clutch troubles.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 AM   #852
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
Quote:
Hi panda!

Please note that I didn't trade in my car because of the trannie issue.

I had shoulder surgery last week (typing in a sling as we speak). Seeing how the Camaro was my only car, it was either rent a car for an extended period of time (mucho $$) or get a car with an auto and be done with it.

The reason why I went with the Stang is because there are currently no rebates on Camaros (which I needed to offset being upside down a a 10 month old car) and because it is still a pony car. Ford had a $1500 rebate on the Stang, so I did it.

Even though I went to the "dark side", I still respect the Camaro and every one this forum.

PEACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
He can do whatever he wants. Doesn't mean I'll do the same.
If it wasn't for my surgery, I wouldn't have done it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
I never said it actually "solved" the problem, but it did help quite a bit.

On a fast high rpm 1/2 shift it went from "Ggggrrrrriinnnnddddddd" to "Ggrrinndd". A noticeable improvement for sure, and well worth the $$ spent.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #853
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Take out old parts...put in new (just as crappy parts)...go back on road. Repeat every 10-15k miles, as needed.

Good luck!
Try 1 month later and maybe 3k miles. Just had the grinding issue repaired and its back again worse then before. Now it doesnt even require high rpm. 2nd gear grinds on down shfit, 1st to 2nd shift all the time now at low rpms. I'm frustrated and am going to demand a full replacement with clutch ill let you know. Appointment on Tuesday
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #854
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
well i dont know about you guys i had my tranny replaced around 6k and im at 21k right now and i have had a few grinds like 5 but thats over time and mostlikey my errors haha!. i have tranny warranty till when>?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ay6, bind, grind, repair, swap