Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beave View Post
I am so glad that Coyotekiller is here to set me straight. I totally didn't realize the depth and magnitude of my stupidity until he so thankfully pointed it out. I will now bow to his uncanny intelligence and quietly slip away feeling so sorry to have wasted his and the forums time by posting such drivel.

Oh hell who am I kidding? I don't appreciate the snarky comments. I know where the transmission is. I was regurgitating what the service techs were spewing. No I didn't have to pay for anything it’s all under warranty. By the way in regards to the oh so many threads regarding this topic; do you have any idea how many total threads there are on this forum? I apologize for not finding the needle in the stack of needles.
As for the bold writing above, that's all that you appeared to know about your car from your above statements. If you took my tone to be that of a know it all, I'm sorry. Was trying to be helpful. But if you don't know how to use the search button I really can't help you out. If you don't like the fact that I pointed this out too you, man up and get over it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by seeing the same thread topic repeated over and over again. And besides, the forum is here for information, if you dot search it you might as well just stop using it.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Huh how bout this! Lookie what using my search button brought up...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231793

Same problem you had and guess what? I was right. Thanks ahead of time.

Now that's a snarky tone. Next time search, then ask.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #17
InfernoSS454

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
As for the bold writing above, that's all that you appeared to know about your car from your above statements. If you took my tone to be that of a know it all, I'm sorry. Was trying to be helpful. But if you don't know how to use the search button I really can't help you out. If you don't like the fact that I pointed this out too you, man up and get over it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by seeing the same thread topic repeated over and over again. And besides, the forum is here for information, if you dot search it you might as well just stop using it.
Well did anyone park next to you today.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
Can't we all just get along?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #19
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Huh how bout this! Lookie what using my search button brought up...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231793

Same problem you had and guess what? I was right. Thanks ahead of time.

Now that's a snarky tone. Next time search, then ask.
It's better for people to think you're a tool, than for you to open your mouth and confirm the fact.

Forums are used for information, I will give you that. But guess what? As was already stated, when you need a quick reply you start a new thread. Because finding information quickly is the whole reason most of us come here.

I have to say, this is one of the most unfriendly forums I've dealt with and I can see why long time members are bailing.

There are going to be a lot of threads on exhausts, intakes, etc. And many on problems that have been discussed before. Welcome to the world of automotive forums. So maybe if you're not here to help anyone and just want to be an annoying self-absorbed cynic, YOU should be the one to hit the bricks. I know I am on this forum all the time and I hadnt heard of this issue until this thread, and it seems the same can be said for others.

You can consider this a snarky comment if you want bc I really dont care.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
Beave

Drives: 2014 RRM 2SS/RS LS3
Whew after an exahusting search I have found no old threads regarding the update I'm about to give. So let me take my skirt off and "man up". For everyone except Coyotekiller I have an update on the Differential issue. Please understand that I don't exclude Coyotekiller because of our previous tiff, I exclude him because in his infinite wisdom I'm sure he already knows this: GM has issued a NEW bulletin regarding this issue. Evidently secret sauce is not enough. Starting now any time this issue arises they will pull the rear axles replace the seals replace the differential clutches and then add secret sauce. The dealerships have not received the parts as of yet and just received the bulletin today. This is what I'm being told. It's a four hour fix once the get the parts
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Whew after an exahusting search I have found no old threads regarding the update I'm about to give. So let me take my skirt off and "man up". For everyone except Coyotekiller I have an update on the Differential issue. Please understand that I don't exclude Coyotekiller because of our previous tiff, I exclude him because in his infinite wisdom I'm sure he already knows this: GM has issued a NEW bulletin regarding this issue. Evidently secret sauce is not enough. Starting now any time this issue arises they will pull the rear axles replace the seals replace the differential clutches and then add secret sauce. The dealerships have not received the parts as of yet and just received the bulletin today. This is what I'm being told. It's a four hour fix once the get the parts
That sucks. I hope I can manage to avoid this fiasco myself.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #22
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS

OP, I've been on the forum for a year and seem to have missed the supposed "myriad" of posts regarding this issue, so thanks for bringing it up and good luck. Let us know if it happens again!

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 06-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #23
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post

OP, I've been on the forum for a year and seem to have missed the supposed "myriad" of posts regarding this issue, so thanks for bringing it up and good luck. Let us know if it happens again!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #24
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 6 View Post
It's better for people to think you're a tool, than for you to open your mouth and confirm the fact.

Forums are used for information, I will give you that. But guess what? As was already stated, when you need a quick reply you start a new thread. Because finding information quickly is the whole reason most of us come here.

I have to say, this is one of the most unfriendly forums I've dealt with and I can see why long time members are bailing.

There are going to be a lot of threads on exhausts, intakes, etc. And many on problems that have been discussed before. Welcome to the world of automotive forums. So maybe if you're not here to help anyone and just want to be an annoying self-absorbed cynic, YOU should be the one to hit the bricks. I know I am on this forum all the time and I hadnt heard of this issue until this thread, and it seems the same can be said for others.

You can consider this a snarky comment if you want bc I really dont care.
So I'm an "annoying self-absorbed cynic" because I can use the search button? Please get over yourself, sir. The search button is a basic feature of this site and everyone should know how to use it. Is it fool-proof? No. But if the OP had bothered to search he wouldn't have needed to post and I wouldn't feel the need to answer.

I'm not sure how you say this is the worst forum you have ever been on, in my experience it's one of the best. If you prefer, I can reference you some other forums that seem packed with self-absorbed cynics, the s197 forum and LS1 tech being the most notable.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
doubletap407

Drives: 2011 ls v6 blacked out
If you dont want to read dont click on it ! Its just that simple !
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #26
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
The "secret sauce"

Ya'll seem mad today
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Quote:
I did already know that actually. It's the sme service bulletin I spoke of.

I believe it's referenced in the thread I linked above.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
Beave

Drives: 2014 RRM 2SS/RS LS3
I titled it to those who didn't know. So for everyone who already knows my deepest apology for wasting your time and Taking away from your enjoyment of this forum. For those who didn't know check into it.

Closed Thread