Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #85
HeadonaStick

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leNPP View Post
Ok will not talk about the list of over 200 people on one forum that pull have there heads some with a little as 5,000 miles on them that have found their guilds were shot and had to redo there heads . Every one who on that list had not pull and check there head would have ended up on the I drop a valve list. So you just keep on thinking its a little problem I disagree .
Out of curiosity, how many total have been sold?
HeadonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #86
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post

Most of our group has C6 Z06. One of our members has one of the highest mileage Z06's in the country. None of them have ever dropped an exhaust valve.

The LS7 is a great engine.
I personally know 3 locally that have dropped valves in LS7s. It's the biggest reason I didn't pick up a C6Z when I sold my Tankmaro.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #87
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
You realize that the odds of winning are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day.

But I've got a ticket too.
But, at least in the bear situation, I can increase my odds easily be antagonizing them both to the point of mauling me. Buying enough lotto tickets to really offset the odds would be prohibitively expensive.

That reminds me, I need to get some tickets.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #88
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I particularly liked the part where Al is talking about the Z/28 in racing and says "My hope is that we'll get a series created where this car can compete..."

I had a feeling there was something in the works with the big 3; they aren't spending all this development money creating these kinds of cars just for HPDE weekend events.

so, what cars would be in that series?

1. AMG SLS 563hp 6.2l
2. porsche GT2
3. ferrari 458
4. 2013 bmw m6
5. jaguar f-type
6. camaro 7 liter

those cars would have to do. there is no equivelant ford or dodge. the Z28 is competing against nothing, and is priced too high. i wanted to trade my mustang for one, but i will never pay 70,000 for a camaro of any kind. anyone who does as too much money and is compensating for something. i laugh at the purchasers of this old-rich man car.

its great that they made the car, it's crap that its priced 20,000 too high and belongs to collectors.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #89
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
In 1986-92, GM-Canada had a very successful series for IROCs/TAs-only. A fellow named Ron Fellows graduated from that series. And the 1LE was a DIRECT descendant of it, as well.

This car may be so good that GM may have to consider something like that, again. Viper Cup, Porsche Cup. Successful series for single-marque cars. And a way to get them on-track without the hassles of reconfiguring the car to satisfy Ford/Mopar/Import "playpen rules". And a way to sell some parts, too.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #90
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I personally know 3 locally that have dropped valves in LS7s. It's the biggest reason I didn't pick up a C6Z when I sold my Tankmaro.
If I personally knew 3 people who had dropped a valve, I wouldn't buy an LS7 either.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #91
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
If I personally knew 3 people who had dropped a valve, I wouldn't buy an LS7 either.
What's failing to cause this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #92
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
What's failing to cause this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
GM said it was a machining flaw. If it isn't fixed by now, it's a design flaw. It has to do with valve guides not being the correct size and the valves rock.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #93
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
who cares about a dropped valve. it's under warranty. that comment is a bait and nitpicking objections.

the car is a gol-danged 427 Camaro. if it wasn't ruined by price and marketing id get one. it's a last shot EVER to get a 427 Camaro. too bad for us regular folks. we will never see one even on the road. they will be bought for 100k and stored for auction 40 years from now.

stupid chevrolet. stupid. im disappointed because i wanted one for myself.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #94
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Again, for the umpteenth time, there are REASONS that the number produced will be what it is. There ARE "constraints".
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #95
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
so, what cars would be in that series?

1. AMG SLS 563hp 6.2l
2. porsche GT2
3. ferrari 458
4. 2013 bmw m6
5. jaguar f-type
6. camaro 7 liter

those cars would have to do. there is no equivelant ford or dodge. the Z28 is competing against nothing, and is priced too high. i wanted to trade my mustang for one, but i will never pay 70,000 for a camaro of any kind. anyone who does as too much money and is compensating for something. i laugh at the purchasers of this old-rich man car.

its great that they made the car, it's crap that its priced 20,000 too high and belongs to collectors.
We're talking about an unannounced series with cars that haven't even been finalized or released yet. And as far as I know, GM hasn't said what the Z/28 is going to sell for. Both Dodge and Ford have said they're developing a direct competitor to the Z/28 so don't count them out. We'll have to wait and see, but personally I'm expecting the Z/28 will be in the low $60k range.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #96
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
who cares about a dropped valve. it's under warranty. that comment is a bait and nitpicking objections.

the car is a gol-danged 427 Camaro. if it wasn't ruined by price and marketing id get one. it's a last shot EVER to get a 427 Camaro. too bad for us regular folks. we will never see one even on the road. they will be bought for 100k and stored for auction 40 years from now.

stupid chevrolet. stupid. im disappointed because i wanted one for myself.
Why is GM stupid? Because they didn't keep building a watered down Z28 so more people could buy it? They have other models that more people could buy and would actually fit what they want if they understood what the Z/28 was.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #97
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
i wanted to trade my mustang for one, but i will never pay 70,000 for a camaro of any kind. anyone who does as too much money and is compensating for something. i laugh at the purchasers of this old-rich man car.
Maybe if you look at it as a capable track car and forget the humble beginnings of its name it'll be easier to understand.

Compensating? Old rich man? Ever watch "Bucket List"?

Quote:
No, it does not belong to collectors. What's crap is that more than one or two collectors will end up owning any of them.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #98
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Why is GM stupid? Because they didn't keep building a watered down Z28 so more people could buy it? They have other models that more people could buy and would actually fit what they want if they understood what the Z/28 was.