Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Forced Induction

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #15
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I hope it's there...I want it to be there for everyone!

Let's see the rest of the parts then...
you don't see them because they are sold separately, pick out from the aftermarket. thus the ls9 s/c kit comes incomplete.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
you don't see them because they are sold separately, pick out from the aftermarket. thus the ls9 s/c kit comes incomplete.
Huh?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #17
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
Well that's what I was trying to imply...at least from what I have found?

I wanted to see if there was more parts than the supercharger, intercooler core and the throttle body...I don't think there is but some folks seem to think so?

I guess we need to see if Rodgers Chevy can install it as they suggested or if they are unable due to missing parts?

I'll go with the latter...missing parts and unable to install as a "turn key kit"...

Last edited by Legend; 07-20-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #18
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Well that's what I was trying to imply...at least from what I have found?

I wanted to see if there was more parts that the supercharger, intercooler core and the throttle body...I don't think there is but some folks seem to think so?

I guess we need to see if Rodgers Chevy can install it as they suggested or if they are unable due to missing parts?

I'll go with the latter...missing parts and unable to install as a "turn key kit"...
I'll have MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet post more pics tomorrow...nothing is completely "turn-key", ..when acquiring mods; especially "off road/racing" mods. But when assembling a Camaro like that, a risk is assumed, and realized, ie: warranty.
Is it for everyone?
Probabaly not, but for some, it is a passion and desire!
We will keep you posted!

Last edited by JoeP@TeamBeckyD; 07-20-2010 at 09:07 PM.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #19
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I'm confused. If you buy the E-Force from Edelbrock you get a hand held tuner. Does the LS9 kit not come with something like this or does the dealer have to "upload" the tune?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I'm confused. If you buy the E-Force from Edelbrock you get a hand held tuner. Does the LS9 kit not come with something like this or does the dealer have to "upload" the tune?
My guess is GM will load the tune at the dealer when they install it....

That is the one thing we haven't really gotten confirmation on...
Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Very cool!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #22
Legend
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I'll have MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet post more pics tomorrow...nothing is completely "turn-key", ..when acquiring mods; especially "off road/racing" mods. But when assembling a Camaro like that, a risk is assumed, and realized, ie: warranty.
Is it for everyone?
Probabaly not, but for some, it is a passion and desire!
We will keep you posted!
Not splitting hairs here but yes there is a "Turn Key" unit out there...several actually. Magnuson for one...I'd assume Edelbrock is as well but can't speak to that unit as I have the Magnuson unit. They come with all necessary hardware and equipment, including the base tune...to install and drive.

This does not...so again I'd like to see this installed by your delaership and then list the additional charges/parts needed to work as the two previously mentioned systems do.

I just don't want folks thinking this is a complete kit ready to install and drive away with nothing else needed...which is what several are thinking.

I'm not knocking GMPP or anyone else...I am only stating this is not a complete kit like others out on the market and available today.

Please don't take this as a knock against anyone...only trying to see what this actually is.

I also realize the warranty is gone...that I completely understand!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #23
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Not splitting hairs here but yes there is a "Turn Key" unit out there...several actually. Magnuson for one...I'd assume Edelbrock is as well but can't speak to that unit as I have the Magnuson unit. They come with all necessary hardware and equipment, including the base tune...to install and drive.

This does not...so again I'd like to see this installed by your delaership and then list the additional charges/parts needed to work as the two previously mentioned systems do.

I just don't want folks thinking this is a complete kit ready to install and drive away with nothing else needed...which is what several are thinking.

I'm not knocking GMPP or anyone else...I am only stating this is not a complete kit like others out on the market and available today.

Please don't take this as a knock against anyone...only trying to see what this actually is.

I also realize the warranty is gone...that I completely understand!
I think what everyone else is saying, is we don't know yet.

The complete list of parts included in this kit were published on LS1Tech I think.

But BeckyD seems to be the first one here to get one so until they have a look we won't know one way or the other.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:19 AM   #24
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Mine was delivered today and was a complete kit. Tune uploaded at dealer and I will have it adjusted by my tuner on a dyno when done. Nice job GMPP cant wait to see what the results are.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #25
Legend
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Mine was delivered today and was a complete kit. Tune uploaded at dealer and I will have it adjusted by my tuner on a dyno when done. Nice job GMPP cant wait to see what the results are.
WOW! That's awesome! Complete surprise to be honest!!

Good on GMPP for finally doing something!!

Interested to see the base dyno run and what this package can produce!

Did you get a heat exchanger and all that goes along with it too?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #26
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
I call this , you need to provide pictures of the complete kit prof that this is real.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #27
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
sigh.............

ANOTHER part that I can't install on my car.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #28
Legend
Hello!

Can we see the rest of this kit?

Tags
ls9, supercharger