Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #15
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I just can't believe the appeal for the public to want so many trucks and SUVs. Yes, I bought an SUV myself back in 2003 to tow a camper, but man, people are buying them for "style" reasons, not towing or carrying capabilities. The trucks and SUVs I've looked at are quite expensive, sometimes more than our beloved Camaros.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #16
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I just can't believe the appeal for the public to want so many trucks and SUVs. Yes, I bought an SUV myself back in 2003 to tow a camper, but man, people are buying them for "style" reasons, not towing or carrying capabilities. The trucks and SUVs I've looked at are quite expensive, sometimes more than our beloved Camaros.
Not many options if you need to haul a good amount of stuff / people. Love my car, if it's the wife and I and the dog in the back. Any more than that and we use her Avalanche, which cost more than the 1LE, and it was lightly used!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #17
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Yep, GM sales & marketing likes the 6th gen so much, they priced them so they could keep them.
Oh so true!!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:07 PM   #18
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Go to the warranty forum on C6 to get the other reason why sales are down...seems the quality in the US plant is way lower than our friends up north, esp the paint.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:20 PM   #19
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
It's funny someone mentioned Disney as a great company. It is great if you have one the more desireable jobs, my daughter did it has a internship for a few months and she said they way you are treated is far from magical. Their cruise line which me and the wife truely enjoy has very few American workers and the crappy mechanical/maintenance work goes to foreigners from the Pacific Rim area, I see those guys working in around the ship late at night an they do not have a smile on their face. I gave one a bag of candy and shook his hand and he lit up like a Christmas tree. So these great companies all have a seedy underbelly that we as consumers do not see!!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:16 AM   #20
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Go to the warranty forum on C6 to get the other reason why sales are down...seems the quality in the US plant is way lower than our friends up north, esp the paint.
I have. It did keep me from trading in my fifth gen for now. The other common issue besides paint problems is the windshield fogging which seems to affect everyone living in a hot humid environment.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:36 AM   #21
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Always sucks to see something like this
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:15 AM   #22
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I can't believe after all the paint problems from Gen5, theres still paint problems.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:35 AM   #23
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I think all those problems exist because Mike Judge isn't running the plant.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:51 AM   #24
Top Off

Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
Disney is far from being a great company to work for anymore. Look into what they did with their IT. While legal, it was very unethical for them. I don't fault people or business for using and bending the legal bounds, but I will call them out if they act like saints while doing it.
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:51 AM   #25
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
GM has to come up with alternatives to better market the cars. As far as the Camaro, I think its a dynamite creation; It could be the price of Camaro that is turning more potential buyers away. The problem isn't necessarily unique to Camaro, as Mustang is having its problems.

Now the Cruze; Not sure what to say about it. They tried copying the Malibu styling (of which I am lukewarm to the styling), and I feel that the Cruze somehow got lost in the shuffle. The styling is weak on the Cruze, and unfortunately it also is in a crowded market segment, competing with the giants of the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic. The Cruze IMO is in a very tight predicament. Chevy has to work with Cruze a lot more.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:09 AM   #26
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I have. It did keep me from trading in my fifth gen for now. The other common issue besides paint problems is the windshield fogging which seems to affect everyone living in a hot humid environment.
mine fogs pretty easily in my 5th gen,i just run the air on 1 and that takes care of it.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #27
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
mine fogs pretty easily in my 5th gen,i just run the air on 1 and that takes care of it.
I think what happens with the gen6 is that when the ac is on, some air blows in the defrost vents causing condensation on the glass. Some people remedy it by placing a cover like a cloth on the defrost vents.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:11 AM   #28
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I think what happens with the gen6 is that when the ac is on, some air blows in the defrost vents causing condensation on the glass. Some people remedy it by placing a cover like a cloth on the defrost vents.
I don't mean to burst your bubble but air has been blowing though automobiles since the '70s when catastophic converters were introduced so you don't die from the fumes produced by an internal combustion engine.

It always hits the windshield and floor. The exits are behind the quarter panels. So people you lock in the trunk don't die.
Even when you set the fan to Off it's always on low. Flow-through ventilation it's called.