Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #225
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
is it too early to start thinking about a cruise and hotel reservations?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...82#post7110382

I already booked a room at #3 on the list for the 1st-4th (La Quinta West). they have the camaro5 discount rate listed as $79 a night but I just booked for $65 a night and the reservation can be cancelled any time up until the night of arrival.

Last edited by atma; 10-20-2013 at 09:49 PM.
atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #226
black2013zl1
black2013ZL1

Drives: black 2013 zl1
Looks like we might be neighbors.....well sorta.....Rock Island here.....not much from the QC here......

Life is too short to drive a car that sucks.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

"Are you one of those boys who prefers cars to women? I'm one".
black2013zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #227
black2013zl1
black2013ZL1

Drives: black 2013 zl1
Anyone here from the QC?? Maybe ur in the Camaro club or the QC Cruisers?? Let's chat or meet or just say "hi".....
E J

Life is too short to drive a car that sucks.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

"Are you one of those boys who prefers cars to women? I'm one".
black2013zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #228
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS S/C NicKey #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
is it too early to start thinking about a cruise and hotel reservations?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...82#post7110382

I already booked a room at #3 on the list for the 1st-4th (La Quinta West). they have the camaro5 discount rate listed as $79 a night but I just booked for $65 a night and the reservation can be cancelled any time up until the night of arrival.
Hmm, well guess I better give this some serious thought now. At least where to stay. I'm kind of bummed there's not one host hotel.

Chime in if you're willing to make the 1000 mile drive. I'm not sure on that one.

I posted on the Chicago forum to see if there's a group from there going. Would be nice for everyone to cruise down together.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250743
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #229
atma
disco kryptonite

well i didn't make it to Fest IV b/c of the move, but I made it to Fest III and drove from B'More to Indy. didn't drive straight through on the way out but did on the way back. It was about 12 hours and not too bad. This one says it's 15.5 hours. I definitely wanna try and make it so i just went ahead and reserved a room. If I end up not being able to go like this year, there will certainly be people looking for reservations.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #230
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

You're right, people seem to always be looking for rooms just before the date. It looks like there will be a group from the Chicago5thGen club going down so we can hook up with them.

I did make a reservation last night. I'm a IHG member and it looks like there is a new Holiday Inn Express being built in that area as we speak. The address is 7515 Garth Road, Baytown, TX. There's not a Fest Rate (right now) but I was able to get a discount through work. I bet if a person made a reservation now, and later there's a Fest Rate, they would give it to you.

Right now, my wife said she is not going, but that may change by next May. Guessing that she won't though because she will be finishing up school. I booked a two queen room, so I may be able to split the room if someone would like to do that.

You know, the weather here the end of April first of May can be iffy and I remember this year there was road salt still on the roads at that time. If that's the case next year, I definately will not be going. I need to win the lottery, buy a truck and car hauler, then I would be set.

2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro custom painted by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #231
Big Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
You're right, people seem to always be looking for rooms just before the date. It looks like there will be a group from the Chicago5thGen club going down so we can hook up with them.

I did make a reservation last night. I'm a IHG member and it looks like there is a new Holiday Inn Express being built in that area as we speak. The address is 7515 Garth Road, Baytown, TX. There's not a Fest Rate (right now) but I was able to get a discount through work. I bet if a person made a reservation now, and later there's a Fest Rate, they would give it to you.

Right now, my wife said she is not going, but that may change by next May. Guessing that she won't though because she will be finishing up school. I booked a two queen room, so I may be able to split the room if someone would like to do that.

You know, the weather here the end of April first of May can be iffy and I remember this year there was road salt still on the roads at that time. If that's the case next year, I definately will not be going. I need to win the lottery, buy a truck and car hauler, then I would be set.

Still trying to make up my mind. "She who must be obeyed" has already made it known she is not going to go........I will still think about going.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #232
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator965 View Post
Still trying to make up my mind. "She who must be obeyed" has already made it known she is not going to go........I will still think about going.
I hear ya. It's good to have a room just in case.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #233
atma
disco kryptonite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
I hear ya. It's good to have a room just in case.
exactly. don't think my lady's gunna be able to make it cus it's during the school year, but I booked the room just in case. may hafta fly solo on this one, tho.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #234
web327

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Martinton, IL I'm a hour north of Champaign and a member of C5G now think I met you fastfreddie and the end of the show at Hooters a few weeks back in Rockford. I love that group but 2 hours away from everything.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #235
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by web327 View Post
Martinton, IL I'm a hour north of Champaign and a member of C5G now think I met you fastfreddie and the end of the show at Hooters a few weeks back in Rockford. I love that group but 2 hours away from everything.
You did. Met you, your wife, and daughter. I know it's quite a drive to most of the C5G events, but it's worth it. Nothing like spending time in the Camaro going to and fro, and it's always a good time. You'll need to come join at some central Illinois gatherings next year.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #236
web327

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I plan on doing more next year. I'm building a 71 Camaro with a healthy LS2 and its going to be more of my show,drag loud all around car. But now I really love the new car and can't spend $$$ on both. I want so bad to bring the new one up to Nickey like you but man its kinda our daily driver. oohh what to do
Old 10-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #237
Big Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by web327 View Post

I think I saw you car when I was at the Farm and Fleet in Morton. Where I live, I'm about center to Peoria, Springfield, Bloomington, Decatur, Champaign, you might see me anywhere!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #238
fastfreddie
FreakyFast!

Quote:
you might see me anywhere!!!
I heard you got around.....