Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
Angry Tire store mangled my rims installing my new tires..

I'm pissed..

We left the car there (which I usually dont do) and when we picked her up the first thing I did was a walk around..Didn't take long to find the 1st ding..walked to the next tire, some thing, walked to the passanger side and there was a scratch all the way around my front rim!!!! The back rim has a hole in it! A freaking hole!!!

We walked into the store and the guy says "all good??"

UUMMMM NO! My husband tells them they screwed up my rims so the manager comes out and looks at it..Goes inside and called a local rim shop and asked me to take it over there when I get a chance.. I told the guy I'd be there when they open in the morning. The old freaking fart behind the counter asked the manager "is it bad?" To which the manager replied " does it matter? They're scratched.. how bad it is is irrelevent"

So I go to the rim shop at 8am yesterday..talked to the owner, he seemed like a nice enough guy..He calls the tire shop and tells them the price to recoat all 4 rims.. The guy at the tire store tries to say that they only damaged 2 of my rims!! At which point the rim guy says "Ron.. I've seen the rims.. all 4 are damaged and need to be fixed"

So long story short.. I'm getting all 4 of my rims recovered (? is that what it's called?) On Monday.. Unfortunately I'm going to be without my car for 2 days :( But my rims will look like brand new!!!!
Attached Images

TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
WTF are they using the old style 1980's tire removal machine? I can say alot of the shops around here atleast have an updated machine for clearcoated rims.

The old style machines beat the snot out of clearcoated rims.

After the first rim was done they should have called you to inform you. I knocked the crap out of the tire tech that done this.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Unbelievable, how does a tire shop think this is not a problem? I am happy that they owned up to the damage and will make it right. I am also sure you will do a thorough inspection before you accept their work. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
They must not of been using a tire machine for custom rims. I hope they aren't the ones that are going to remount the tires after the repair.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wow.... They reverted to the Fred Flintstone method of tire mounting.... Glad you are getting all fixed up though...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
WTF are they using the old style 1980's tire removal machine? I can say alot of the shops around here atleast have an updated machine for clearcoated rims.

The old style machines beat the snot out of clearcoated rims.

After the first rim was done they should have called you to inform you. I knocked the crap out of the tire tech that done this.

That's the thing!! They wern't gonna tell me!! The tech didn't tell his boss so they had no clue when I walked in and told them that they screwed my sh$t up.. Guess they thought since I was a chic I wouldn't notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Unbelievable, how does a tire shop think this is not a problem? I am happy that they owned up to the damage and will make it right. I am also sure you will do a thorough inspection before you accept their work. Good luck.

I can't believe that they were just gonna let me drive off the lot like that.. I never ever leave someplace that has worked on my car without doing a walk around..And I guarantee you..They will pay to fix my rims until I am satisfied with the repair..Which hopefully will only take 1 time
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
OMG!!! Thats the worst tire job i've ever seen. If its not perfect sue them,
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
They must not of been using a tire machine for custom rims. I hope they aren't the ones that are going to remount the tires after the repair.
They will never touch my car again.. trust me...
Old 09-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #9
CamaroChelline

O! And did I mention they over inflated my tires?? I'm talking really over inflated..44 psi all the way around!!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
KATCMRO

Drives: 2010 2LT CGM
I would have been hot had that been my car! At least they are going to fix them. Good luck to you, hopefully they look better than new when they get done!!
KATCMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #11
gatorblue camaro

Drives: 10 2ss/rs abm camaro
I had a similar problem happen at the dealer. they gave the first oil change free so had them do it get the car back and one rim is scratched to hell and had paint on it. i complained about it and after five different people looked at it they said that they would take care of it. so they were just going to have their wheel guy fill it in but that was going to take weeks for some reason so they rip one off one of the camaros on the lot so i got a new rim and a new tire.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Here's my tire store horror story. I took my 2002 SS for new tires at NTB. The teenage tire changer did not use the jacking pads under the car to lift it. He put the lift pads under the fender seams in front. They bent under the car. The gen4s were plastic. I didn't notice this until one day I was on the passenger side of the car and noticed that the door didn't line up properly. When I looked under the car and saw the damage I knew that to much time had gone by to do anything about it. I was sick! I am glad that you are going to get some satisfaction with your damage.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #13
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Same thing happened to me at a tire place I've used for many years. My rims weren't AS bad but still bad. They basically told me sorry not our fault we didn't do that. They then offered me a "credit for future work", I told them to stick it up their you-know-what. I now go to the place across the street, who swaps a set of tires for 10 bucks less and knows not to scratch my rims. Unfortunately the scratches are still there :(
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #14
OrangeSS
Southern Gentleman.

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, IOM
HOLY CRAP! there would have been steam coming out of my ears and bullets flying out of my gun(s).... J/K about the bullets part, but not far off... haha