Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
How do I call directly to GM customer service?

I am beyond pissed off. I took my vehicle to Capitol Chevy here in Austin because the trunk lid paint is coming off because of the spoiler. There is a TSB on the problem.

The service manager there Eric Posey, acted like he didn't really want to fix it from the get-go.

This dealer doesn't have it's own body shop so they farm their work out to a local body shop called Ellis and Salazar.

They have had the car for nearly a week now. GM said they would not pay to blend the quarters, only to paint the trunk lid itself.

Ellis cannot match the paint. They got a PPG rep involved and sprayed it again. It still does not match.

Now Ellis is saying they are going to paint the quarters to blend it all. I don't want them touching the car any longer if they cannot match the paint even closely. I went up there on Monday and the paint is WAY off, I mean not even close.

They even agreed to paint my new aftermarket spoiler and install it, instead of installing the stock spoiler. They originally quoted me $120 then it changed to $141 and now it's up to $199.

The service manager (Mr. Posey) has been saying he will call them and get it squared it away but he doesn't return my phone calls.

I just want to pick my car up and take it to a better body shop (Austin Motor Mile in Manchaca, Texas) but I don't know how that will work if Ellis has already started on it.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
LakeMarySS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
That sucks! I had the same problem with my spoiler/trunk lid and it was repaired with no issue at all. I was worried that it would be problematic because like your dealer, mine farmed the work out too, but thankfully it was done quickly and nicely.
LakeMarySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
ss409cid

Drives: 2011 SS RS Convertible
Most dealers dont want flack from GM. Call and talk to the dealers General Manager. If he doesnt sound like he will help, ask HIM for the GM customer service number. He may change his tune......
Old 04-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
That sucks man, I've been going through the hoops trying to get the same repair done. After two weeks it should be finally done tomorrow. I'm installing the spoiler myself though.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
I am beyond pissed off. I took my vehicle to Capitol Chevy here in Austin because the trunk lid paint is coming off because of the spoiler. There is a TSB on the problem.

The service manager there Eric Posey, acted like he didn't really want to fix it from the get-go.

This dealer doesn't have it's own body shop so they farm their work out to a local body shop called Ellis and Salazar.

They have had the car for nearly a week now. GM said they would not pay to blend the quarters, only to paint the trunk lid itself.

Ellis cannot match the paint. They got a PPG rep involved and sprayed it again. It still does not match.

Now Ellis is saying they are going to paint the quarters to blend it all. I don't want them touching the car any longer if they cannot match the paint even closely. I went up there on Monday and the paint is WAY off, I mean not even close.

They even agreed to paint my new aftermarket spoiler and install it, instead of installing the stock spoiler. They originally quoted me $120 then it changed to $141 and now it's up to $199.

The service manager (Mr. Posey) has been saying he will call them and get it squared it away but he doesn't return my phone calls.

I just want to pick my car up and take it to a better body shop (Austin Motor Mile in Manchaca, Texas) but I don't know how that will work if Ellis has already started on it.
That sucks ! I'd say get off that phone and go down there. Forget calling them cause it sounds like you about to get the run-a-round effect. Go show your face. SAY IT WITH YOUR CHEST!!!!! ! Good luck !
Old 04-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
Driver44

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
1-800-222-1020 is the customer service number for Chevrolet.

Just tell them you want your car back and are going to have it done right. If they refuse to release it, theres recourses for you.
Driver44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
Nutro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver44 View Post
1-800-222-1020 is the customer service number for Chevrolet.

Just tell them you want your car back and are going to have it done right. If they refuse to release it, theres recourses for you.
Thank you! For some reason google didn't show that number. I called the GM of Capitol Chevy and left a message.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Thank you! For some reason google didn't show that number. I called the GM of Capitol Chevy and left a message.
I recommend you ask to be transferred to a representative on US SOIL. they have to transfer you if you ask, and you get better results by doing so.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
Nutro

Ok the General Manager called me back pretty damn quick and said he is going to get a solution that I am happy with and promised to call me back shortly.

I am not holding my breath but he SOUNDED sincere.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
Nutro

The service manager ALSO finally called me back. He "says" he called GM and they are only going to pay to have the car fixed once so since Ellis has already started on it, they will have to finish it.

I said no, I will not accept that as an answer.

Then the dealership GM called and I am waiting...
Old 04-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I've had to have my trunk and spoiler fixed twice. I have a great full service dealership and they did a great job the second time since there was a TSB. As far as paint matching, black has to be a lot easier than the synergy green. Good luck, hope they get it right this time.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
Nutro

Ok well, the Capitol GM called me back. He asked that I please give them a chance to blend the quarters and get it done correctly. he said if, when they're done, I am not happy, he will let me take it to whatever body shop I want to have it re-done and he will get with his GM rep to pay for it.

He is also going to eat the $200 to paint and install my aftermarket spoiler.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Ok well, the Capitol GM called me back. He asked that I please give them a chance to blend the quarters and get it done correctly. he said if, when they're done, I am not happy, he will let me take it to whatever body shop I want to have it re-done and he will get with his GM rep to pay for it.

He is also going to eat the $200 to paint and install my aftermarket spoiler.
That is what you should have been told in the first place, and sounds like a fair way of handling things. I hope it all works out.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #14
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Remember if it is "blended" it will fade "differently" in time. Second if it has to be "Fixed" more than once, then it never was fixed. Then when your finally satisfied, then it's fixed. Best of luck.