Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
AnEvilPenguin

Drives: 05 Impala SS 86 Trans Am
Has anyone noticed what GM has been doing lately?

Maybe I’m crazy, but GM has be using a lot of cartoons instead of their actual cars. For instance, watch the Ignition Video, I bet GM paid a lot of money to have that animation created, when all they had to do was throw one of us a set of keys to a 5th gen and we could have done it all in a few minutes, the ending burnout sequence probably would have taken a few “tries” for us to be happy with it though, wink wink. go back and check out GM's Camaro web pages, a lot of stuff is animation images, or an image that had been "smoothed" out to remove details and shines off of the sharp edges of the bodies and such. It’s not just the Camaro too, take the new Malibu in almost all of the advertisements and on gm’s website, they use a cartoon like image of the car. Does anyone know why gm has been doing this so much lately?
AnEvilPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
2kwik
So anxious.

Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
If I had to guess i'd say it's to keep people interested in the car; the hype would die down if actual detailed photos and videos were constantly released to the public IMO. I guess it's there attempt to keep us guessing, and to keep the general public in anticipation of the actual car.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
kamisxy

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
EXCiTInG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik View Post
If I had to guess i'd say it's to keep people interested in the car; the hype would die down if actual detailed photos and videos were constantly released to the public IMO. I guess it's there attempt to keep us guessing, and to keep the general public in anticipation of the actual car.
I dont think it takes too much for people to get excited about this car....i agree....why show all these animations when u have the real thing....now thats something to get excited about....something everyones waited such a long time for..you know?
kamisxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:58 AM   #4
Had2F's

Drives: 2013 AGM 2LS
My guess -a CGI clip like the ignition video is much cheaper to create than to film an actual car. To create that CGI clip, you only need a person sitting a pc and some time. I'd bet GM has people in-house that do it, so they do that as part of their daily job - no extra cost for GM. GM has to cut cost everyhwere they can right now.

To film a real car doing something, you've got to have more people involved, equipment, the car, insurance, time and lots of other little things that would add up to thousands of dollars.
Had2F's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:08 AM   #5
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
That clip was probably made to help engineers design the interior prior to production. Kind of like

"Hey Bob, this is what we want for the interior, get your guys over in Australia to do this for us, that would be great"

Just an idea

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote