Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-10-2018, 09:00 PM   #1
bingster223

Drives: 2015 1LT/RS hot red/black
Tuning the LFX engine

Im looking for advice on getting a LFX engine tuned. I have a 2015'1LT RS. From going through the fourm so many people seem to believe the best option is by Will Overkill. But in this same fourm i see many complaints about time, lack of communication, or he goes missing for a while. I have not come across anyone complaining about any problems with the Overkill tune though so its a good possibility. 2 I've seen mixed thoughts on the Trifecta tune i saw it on Phastekperformance i dont know much about it myself. 3 Does or has anyone just taken their v6 lfx to a performance shop and have it tuned? Why would a good performance shop not be able to tune this engin as well as the Overkill tune? Right now im leaning towards Overkill but I'd sort of like to go to a shop and just have it done. Im just looking for some of your thoughts on tuning thanks for any replies. Its been almost 2 months since i removed the Viteese throttle control and it's time for a tune anyway plus im kinda missing that vtc a lil'

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
bingster223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:09 AM   #2
Its Oye

Drives: Hyper Blue 6th Gen M6 2SS
Not many tuners are fond of tuning our LFXs unfortunately.. But I did a lot of researched and found a few in florida, and came across Phil from Tampa tuning, and had so many great reviews on him, so I went the HpTuner route. The change was dramatic, shifting became so fast and firm, redline went up, throttle response was amazing. Best part was the gains! But I like actually being next to the person thats tuning the car so you can tell them exactly how you want your shift points, throttle response, etc etc. I was so happy with the results im driving back 4 hours again after these last two Bolts on come in to get my retune! I heard if you are going handheld, that Overkill is definitely the way to go though, and the free retunes is definitely a nice feature !
Its Oye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:16 AM   #3
bingster223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Oye View Post
Not many tuners are fond of tuning our LFXs unfortunately.. But I did a lot of researched and found a few in florida, and came across Phil from Tampa tuning, and had so many great reviews on him, so I went the HpTuner route. The change was dramatic, shifting became so fast and firm, redline went up, throttle response was amazing. Best part was the gains! But I like actually being next to the person thats tuning the car so you can tell them exactly how you want your shift points, throttle response, etc etc. I was so happy with the results im driving back 4 hours again after these last two Bolts on come in to get my retune! I heard if you are going handheld, that Overkill is definitely the way to go though, and the free retunes is definitely a nice feature !
Im in PA I'll do some research on shops but im probably just gonna give the Overkill tune a go. Thanks for the info

Old 02-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #4
cal777flyer

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Please report your results here after you make your choice. I'm in the same position and could benefit from your input.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 02-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
bingster223

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal777flyer View Post
Please report your results here after you make your choice. I'm in the same position and could benefit from your input.

Thanks,
Ken
Sure thing probably in late March or April. I already think im going to try the Overkill tune. The only negative comments ive heard is sometimes he gets overloaded with business and there's a lack of communication, but I've yet to read where someone had trouble with the tune. Plus free retunes with future modifications.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #6
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Will has the most experience of anyone with tuning the LFX, he knows how to tune these engines. And with free retunes, you can't go wrong! I say to go with the E-85 option also, get all the power you can!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
bingster223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Will has the most experience of anyone with tuning the LFX, he knows how to tune these engines. And with free retunes, you can't go wrong! I say to go with the E-85 option also, get all the power you can!
Yea they're adding E-85 at more places and getting closer to my town at least they sell it where I work. It's 2 months since i removed the my VTC its time to get a tune

Old 02-11-2018, 05:52 PM   #8
Jc_SourPatch

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro RS
I was skeptical about will but man was it the best thing I’ve ever done. And will can get overloaded but he doesn’t disappoint with the tunes
Jc_SourPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:54 PM   #9
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc_SourPatch View Post
I was skeptical about will but man was it the best thing I’ve ever done. And will can get overloaded but he doesn’t disappoint with the tunes
Yes he is very busy , as he is working on multiple platforms with multiple projects.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote