Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Review: Duragloss 931 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax

First off I would like to thank Corey (CEE DOG) for allowing me to use his format for this review. This guy is the review master and deserves way more appreciation for his hard work than he gets.
I went to a car show last weekend called Calvacade of Customs. It was in Cincinnati, Ohio. There was a representative there for Duragloss. I was looking through their products when I noticed that they had a new product called Duragloss 931-Rinseless Wash with Aquawax. I figured for being a Duragloss product, it had to be good for the price, but I was very skeptical about the wax added to the product. I said what the heck, it’s worth a shot. I bought all of it that they had.

This product is not available on the market yet, it was just a demo for the release. I was just lucky enough to be able to get some. The rep told me that this product will be available some time in February. I’m just gonna say that I’m going to be buying a gallon as soon as it is released. Let’s start the review shall we? My review will be subpar to other members’ reviews on this forum, but I have tried my best to put together a decent presentation. Enjoy!

Description- Duragloss Rinseless Wash is a quick and easy way to wash any vehicle anytime, anywhere without water hoses or waste. This unique formula captures the dirt with a lubricating Polymer which prevents scratching.

The products used for this test. The Duragloss Aquawax was not sprayed on the car. I just had it in the picture just in case I had to use it to fix any streaking issues.

Products used-
Duragloss 931 Rinseless Wash with Aquawax.
Autowerkes Exclusive WW drying towel
Ultra Mega Towel (UMT)
Sonus white buffing towel

Can’t forget two of the most important things!

Okay first thing is first once you have all of your supplies ready. Figure out the best plan of attack towards getting the wash done. It was 24 degrees Fahrenheit when I was taking pictures for this review, so let’s just say I wasn’t standing around trying to make everything perfect. I worked with what I had. I added around 1 1/2-2 gallons of warm water (not hot) to the bucket as seen here.

Next I read the directions on the bottle of the DG 931 Rinseless Wash. They are as followed.
Add 0.5 oz. (approx. 4 caps) per gallon of water, use 1.0 oz. (approx. 8 caps) per gallon of water on heavily soiled surfaces.
Wash one section at a time using a *microfiber mitt.
Wipe dry using a high quality *microfiber towel.
If surface dries before wiping, reapply as above.
*Recommend #9001 Duragloss Wash Mitt, #9002 Duragloss Drying Towel.
NOTE: Very dirty surfaces may require a second application.
*To make a quick detailer, add 3 oz. of concentrate to 16 oz. of water. Spray and wipe on one section at a time and remove using a microfiber towel.

I added 4 caps full into my solution. It looked like so:

I then took my grit guard and mixed up the solution like Corey does in his reviews.

After mixing the solution and putting the grit guard in it looked like this. Notice the little bubbles on top of the solution. I have never gotten these with ONR or DPRWG.

After the solution was mixed up, I stuck my towels in it to allow them to soak in it some. I do this anytime I use a rinseless wash to ensure that the towels have fully absorbed some of the product to make it more lubricated on the paint.

My car was decently dirty. It has rained and snowed all week, but the car wasn’t so bad to where I was afraid to use a rinseless wash on it. Below are pictures of how the entire car looked before using the rinseless wash.

Okay, now that we get that my car hasn’t been cleaned in a while, on to the washing. I washed the car one panel at a time. I flipped to a new section of a towel after each panel. On the larger panels I flipped the towel to a new section twice. Just use it like your do ONR or DPRWG and you’ll be fine. There are a ton of videos out there for that.

Here are the after shots.

Yes, that is a piece of ice in the picture. The water was freezing where in spots that I couldn’t dry quick enough.

Here is one spot that I was really surprised. My car has wide tires and is notorious for throwing any kind of salt, tar, road grime, etc.. etc.. onto the paint right behind the tires. This area cleaned up nicely with light pressure and I was left with this.

I forgot to get a pic of this spot because it was cold out and I was in a hurry. I will get pictures of this area when it gets built back up and post them then.

Here is a pic that I took to show how smooth this product made the paint. The paint was silky smooth even on the part of my car that is Opti-coated. I was very amazed at how smooth it was left. It felt almost like a sealant had been cured for 24 hours. This picture also shows how clean the paint was. It was clean enough to wipe my hand across without worrying about rubbing leftover grit into the paint.

Here is a big drip that I missed.

Here is a 50/50. The lighting wasn’t good out and my car doesn’t show dirt in pictures very well, but it was a huge difference.

When I was done, I took a white Sonus buffing towel and wiped it over the parts of the car that I washed to ensure that the paint was thoroughly cleaned and dry. When I was finished, this is what it looked like. Looks like it just came out of the drawer.

Here is what the bucket of solution looked like when I was finished. Note: this was only half of the car. I didn’t do the back half because it was too cold and my hands went numb.

Here is why you use a grit guard.

Note: I haven’t used it as a QD yet, but when I do I will report back in this thread.

Pros:
-leaves a nice, glossy, smooth finish
-cleans the paint thoroughly (it even removed bugs and tar with light pressure)
-ease of use is amazing
-able to get it in a convenient size
-smell- It smells amazing. It’s a strong strawberry/watermelon taffy smell.
-Many people can get this OTC from local chain stores.
-leaves a layer of protection that is obviously there

????
-price- I know the price of the 16 oz size, but what will the price of the gallons be? Knowing Duragloss, the price will be great and very competitive.
-durability of the Aquawax??
-QD ratio is way higher than the other rinseless washes, but let’s be honest, who doesn’t add more to the mix than it says?
-If you use rinseless washes as a prep for polishing, will the Aquawax interfere?

Cons-
-You must wipe the paint down with a buffing towel after you get the majority of the water off with a drying towel. I believe this is due to either the cold weather or the Aquawax. It can be a con to some, but the pro is knowing that their is protection there.

Conclusion - This product is another great one by Duragloss. I truly enjoyed every minute of using it besides the fact that my fingers went numb even using latex gloves. After I run out of my DP and ONR stock pile that I have now, I will be switching to this exclusively. It cleans the paint better than the other two, and it is more lubricated. It is only an added benefit that it has a wax built into it! When this product comes out next month I will be buying a gallon of this even though I have a gallon of ONR and DPRWG left.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review. If you have any questions, feel free to fire away.

Keith

P.S. I post this on multiple forums, so if you don't know who the people are, just ignore that part.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Wow, better than ONR!!! I'll have to try some when it comes out.

Did the wax leave a haze on your windows or mirrors???
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Great review! I'm surprised you lasted that long out in the cold weather. Had it been me, I would have put the camera down and gone straight to bed and covered myself with all the blankets available
Old 01-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by David79z28 View Post
Wow, better than ONR!!! I'll have to try some when it comes out.

Did the wax leave a haze on your windows or mirrors???
Nope. No haze at all. Although I went over the car with another microfiber afterwords. I always do.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Great review! I'm surprised you lasted that long out in the cold weather. Had it been me, I would have put the camera down and gone straight to bed and covered myself with all the blankets available
Haha thanks. I would much rather have been in my bed under the blankets, but I enjoy doing these things. I don't do them often, but I figured I'd start posting them over here for our community to see.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Great review there, have to get a bottle myself at CQ.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Is Duragloss 931 available retail at this time in any size, or are we waitng? I want to try this.