Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Rip Off Dealer??

I orderd from

Mike Anderson Chevrolet of merrillville Indiana

On July 21st 2008 I paid a deposit of $1,000 dollars down for the right to be the first 2010 camaro order at this dealer. I completed the order on oct. 13 2008 when pre ordering was allowed. My wife was present and we were promised to get the special pre-order msrp price for ordering so early. The prices were not available and no pirce was given at that time. About a week later my salesman contacted me with a price but not in writing.

Now it is May first and the car has not been made and shipped out yet. I found the same car at another dealer on here for MSRP.

Today I attempted to call my sales person and he was off so I spoke to his manager who informed me I could not get a refund just to buy the car from another dealer. Ok I can agree with that, I will wait. However, I then said, I can wait since you got my order the way I wanted it and at the pre order MSRP price. He then said well I don't know about that. The car may be more than MSRP. He knew my name and rememberd me but funny didn't remember promising me the MSRP price. My salesman had told me new orders were #3,000 over MSRP abut since I put money down last july I would get the MSRP, that is not right! I told him my wife was present and I was promised the price he said well what ever price you have in writing fully knowing I did not get a msrp price in writing and it wasnt available. I have requested to get this in writing several times and have not received it, kept getting told it is not available you have msrp don't worry.

So what kind of scam are they pulling, they have my order, my $1,000 paid on 7-21 and now tell me I can't get the car at msrp and I loose my money if I don't buy at their mark up fully knowing they can sell the car within a few days plus keep my money???
THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!!!!! I am Mad!!

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
how do you know when i car dealer is lying to you?

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Sorry you're getting jerked around. From what I'm hearing there's quite a bit of absolute BS with this Camaro. I'm pretty disgusted!
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
bluch
OH CANADA!

when his lips are moving

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
Old 05-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
bluch
OH CANADA!

that is a pretty bad position man. usually i would just say go to another dealer. but then you have to start the process all over again, and you will lose your 1000$. i don't know what to tell you.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
jeffny09

Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
thats wrong
but not surprised

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville Indiana should get a few phone calls from members of this forum and express our sincere disappointment in his business practices. And remind him that word spreads REAL FAST thru the wonders of the internet and the media.
THEN we'll say we're sure that HE misunderstood about what he remembers telling you and your wife, and we accept his apology about any confusion.

Whats his tele # ?

Mike Anderson Chevrolet, you listening???.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
justmeron

Well this other dealer has one I can get for MSRP it is not the color I orderd but the same options and everything else. I can get it next week, but I will loose my $1,000. I don't know what to do. If they jerk me around I may just walk away and loose the $1,000 and say forget it. That is how mad I am now, I may just wait this is really B.S.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
This is the same freakin that my other dealer tried to pull on me and i cancelled my name off the list. I kept asking the sales guy to send or give me something on paper or at least email stating that I will get the car @ MSRP and he refused to. I actually left a deposit for $500.00 but it was check so i put a stop hold on it and the dealer didn't cash it.

Im happy where I am now and its all running great at Classic.

Man I hope you can get your deposit back. That's not right.

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)
theshadow1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
justmeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville Indiana should get a few phone calls from members of this forum and express our sincere disappointment in his business practices. And that the word spreads REAL FAST thru the wonders of the internet and the media.
Explain that we're sure that HE is misunderstood about what he remembers telling you and your wife, and that he is sorry about any confusion.

Whats his tele #....
I like your thinking there. Oh and I also tried to call the guy who orders the cars the guy who I met with when I ordered the car and he said I can't talk I am with a customer I will call your salesman on his cell and have him call you. I left my salesman a very nasty message on his vm, he says he is related to the owner. And I sent their customer service an email, and threatend to write to the news papers and everyone who will listen to me.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #11
bluch
OH CANADA!

well, if he is going to charge you like say 3-5K over MSRP, plus that original $1000. If you go to the other dealer and pay just MSRP, but lose the $1000, then its really just like the new dealer is only charging $1000 over MSRP, instead of this douche dealer charging 3-5K

Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #12
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Call the GM 1-800#. Negative comments like yours will go a long way to shut that dealer down.
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #13
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
I orderd from

Mike Anderson Chevrolet of merrillville Indiana

On July 21st 2008 I paid a deposit of $1,000 dollars down for the right to be the first 2010 camaro order at this dealer. I completed the order on oct. 13 2008 when pre ordering was allowed. My wife was present and we were promised to get the special pre-order msrp price for ordering so early. The prices were not available and no pirce was given at that time. About a week later my salesman contacted me with a price but not in writing.

Now it is May first and the car has not been made and shipped out yet. I found the same car at another dealer on here for MSRP.

Today I attempted to call my sales person and he was off so I spoke to his manager who informed me I could not get a refund just to buy the car from another dealer. Ok I can agree with that, I will wait. However, I then said, I can wait since you got my order the way I wanted it and at the pre order MSRP price. He then said well I don't know about that. The car may be more than MSRP. He knew my name and rememberd me but funny didn't remember promising me the MSRP price. My salesman had told me new orders were #3,000 over MSRP abut since I put money down last july I would get the MSRP, that is not right! I told him my wife was present and I was promised the price he said well what ever price you have in writing fully knowing I did not get a msrp price in writing and it wasnt available. I have requested to get this in writing several times and have not received it, kept getting told it is not available you have msrp don't worry.

So what kind of scam are they pulling, they have my order, my $1,000 paid on 7-21 and now tell me I can't get the car at msrp and I loose my money if I don't buy at their mark up fully knowing they can sell the car within a few days plus keep my money???
THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!!!!! I am Mad!!
What does it state on your contract? You did get one when you gave them the money, right?
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
justmeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow1234 View Post
This is the same freakin that my other dealer tried to pull on me and i cancelled my name off the list. I kept asking the sales guy to send or give me something on paper or at least email stating that I will get the car @ MSRP and he refused to. I actually left a deposit for $500.00 but it was check so i put a stop hold on it and the dealer didn't cash it.

Im happy where I am now and its all running great at Classic.

Man I hope you can get your deposit back. That's not right.
Great well since I paid the deposit down last july 21st the check has been cashed. or I would stop it and go to the dealer that has the one available now.