Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Zach2

Drives: 2011 White LS
Cold Air Intake Help

Can someone help me find a good cold air intake to my 2011 Camaro? I'm looking for an one to increase my gas mileage (as well as hp, but not quite as important) for under $400. I'm not picky about any certain brand as long as it can be trusted. Any suggestions are helpful!
Zach2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Swarm

Drives: 2013 Mustang V6
http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...ake-pf7010.htm
Swarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Almost all the cold air intakes out there can be had for under 400.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
all of them
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach2 View Post
Can someone help me find a good cold air intake to my 2011 Camaro? I'm looking for an one to increase my gas mileage (as well as hp, but not quite as important) for under $400. I'm not picky about any certain brand as long as it can be trusted. Any suggestions are helpful!
There are many options available for the V6. The more popular options would be the Airaid, CAI , Roto-Fab and Injen. Feel free to browse around this thread and let me know if you have any questions regarding the intake systems we offer.

Intakes Intakes INTAKES!!! V6 LLT & LFX

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
If you want trusted, proven, popular, and a high quality CAI made right here in the USA with a lifetime warranty, we have you covered! Many of the dealers on here, including the 2 or 3 mentioned in this thread, sell our CAI's as well. Let us know if you have any questions, we would be happy to help!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
The Roto-Fab CAI is a proven intake that adds power, as well as mpg increase. Installation is a breeze with our detailed step-by-step instructions and no cutting or modifications to your car are necessary. We also have many options available to help your camaro stand out in a crowd. You can order directly from us, or one of the many reputable dealers on this forum.

Jeremiah

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 03-27-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
CAI inc FTW IMHO. Features I love: A closed box that is see through so you can monitor the filter, does not seal against the hood pad leaving a mark & easy open; insulated box & ceramic coated tube; quality construction; easy installation; good gains in HP & mileage; and it looks great. It is also easily customizable if for instance you want to paint it to color match your car or hydrocoat it, etc. I love to hear it whistle when I punch it a little (or a lot). Here's mine:
Old 03-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
CAI inc FTW IMHO. Features I love: A closed box that is see through so you can monitor the filter, does not seal against the hood pad leaving a mark & easy open; insulated box & ceramic coated tube; quality construction; easy installation; good gains in HP & mileage; and it looks great. It is also easily customizable if for instance you want to paint it to color match your car or hydrocoat it, etc. I love to hear it whistle when I punch it a little (or a lot). Here's mine:
This woman speaks the truth!!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
Roto-fab 1

We've had a few questions on this, so I'll post the answers here instead of a pm. Roto-fab intake seals to the hood which effectively provides a lid, but also gives our air box a few advantages. First, we maximize the available space by sealing directly to the hood instead of dropping down to add a lid which must clear the hood. We can use a larger filter and have more space around the filter. We receive many compliments about the appearance of our siystem with the huge filter right there when the hood is popped.

The Roto-fab system comes standard with a high gloss black powdercoat finish. You can upgrade to red, yellow or white powdercoat for only $10 more. Automotive painted colors are available for $70. We think a finish to protect the bare aluminum is a necessity as uncoated aluminum can and will oxidize in time; therefore, it is included at no extra charge.

You will get more power and a sound under acceleration that makes your V6 car sound more like a V8! Thanks to all using and considering Roto-fab products!

Check our gallery at roto-fab.com for dyno sheet and pics of some of the awesome custom work done we can do for you!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #11
ULTM8SYN

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Synergy green
Roto are you offering Camaro5 any discounts?
ULTM8SYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #12
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTM8SYN View Post
Roto are you offering Camaro5 any discounts?
Thanks for asking. We have a SRP of $329.95 for our V6 intakes which includes the high gloss black powdercoat finish on the air box, high gloss silicone hoses, stainless steel hose clamps and a lifetime filter. Although we would love to, we don't have a discount program. As a manufacturer, it wouldn't be fair to our stocking dealers to sell them product, then undercut their prices!
Our dealers are authorized to sell a little below our SRP, so you can actually get a better deal from one of them. We have some great dealers on this forum that will give you a good deal along outstanding customer service.