Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #71
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
very nice!!

I will keep you guys in mind when i get my car.

Hope you don't mind. I added the video to your first post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #72
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
wow! that sounds amazing & looks really simple.
where did you mount the switch?
Old 05-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #73
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
nice!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #74
Arod

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
thats kinda of cool!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #75
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
wow! that sounds amazing & looks really simple.
where did you mount the switch?

Thanks!

We actually decided under and behind the leading edge of the front seat would be best. No cutting panels or hacking anything up. Kevin Wheeler at Dakota Digital kicked out a cool little abs panel on the laser cutter and we used an existing .5" diameter un-used hole in the corner up under the seat. We snapped over a backing nut clip thingy... i have no clue what the technical term is... and ran a screw into that- Switch moves with the seat and is totally undetectable and is 100% non-evasive surgery to mount it. All these parts are included with the kit to make it very easy to install.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #76
poetikmaestro

Drives: Nissan Altima SE-R
amazing!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #77
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Yessss!!!! I've been waiting for this! Sounds amazing for a very simple modification!

Would you expect the similar results for the L99 setup?
I would assume very similar result and identical placement. I would probably expect similar sound as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #78
rxweelo

Drives: RX-7s Bel-air
There are 3 presset positions you can save with this set up, full open, fully closed, and part way so you can tune in what ever sound you want. These motors are also basically locked in position once they stop moving so you dont have to worry about them blowing open like some of the other diverter setups out there. The car sounded great in person and the videos do a pretty good job of showing it but very nice sound in person.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #79
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tav8ws6 View Post
Ive asked a few times here already, but maybe I can finally get a straight answer here. Is the V8 going to have an X-pipe? I know the pre-production V6 showed one, but the Indy show had a single tubed Cat-Back displayed on the upgrade picture. Please no Y-pipe...
Maybe if you pay attention you would notice that it is an H Pipe style exhaust.

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #80
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by noweeds.net View Post
I would assume very similar result and identical placement. I would probably expect similar sound as well.
Did you guys happen to get any other video's from different angles, take off's, drive by's, standing rev's...I love the setup and totally agree with this type of deal on a stock exhaust...you have the best of both worlds for sure...our wives will love us for it (no gas smell and you can turn the noise off).
Old 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #81
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by noweeds.net View Post
As featured on homepage.

Ive been reading the threads at CAMARO5 for what seems like years now.... and its cool to see the excitement level continue to grow around this amazing car. Im a new poster but a LONG time reader.

We manufacture stainless exhaust diverters for the musclecar/hotrod industry and are going to produce a piece for the new Camaro.

We are looking at 2 locations for our bolt in system. 1st being right beside the transmission before the X-pipe and the second just before the irs assembly- both with possibility of options for side exit pipes if space allows. I'm hoping to sneak a closer peek at SEMA in November with a camera and tape measure, however we may be subject to waiting for one to hit the street to finalize design.

I personally would like to extend an offer to the first camaro5 forum member/ camaro/owner (would have to be an SS for our inital product release) who could get to South Dakota. We would offer a free install and free product in exchange for the valuable information we gather for our final part numbers.

You guys and gals are all so cool in this forum its fun to finally lay down a post or 2 and be a part of it.

Thanks!

steve koenig
noweeds.net

UPDATED WITH VIDEO AND FOLLOWING INFO:

This is the installation and dyno testing of the stainless steel bolt in NOWEEDS.NET electronic exhaust diverter system for the 2010 Camaro SS LS3. After several dyno pulls we found consistent gains of 18hp and 27trq at the rear wheels while still keeping the factory cats, resonators, H-pipe, mufflers, and SOUND intact. This was filmed at the Dakota Digital Research and Development Lab in Sioux Falls, SD.

http://www.vimeo.com/4713276
Very cool setup. Are there any prices?! The only gripe I would have is that the motors for the diverter valve are placed in a place that could leave it suseptable to damage from speed bumps, rocks, etc....

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #82
Logansneo

Drives: 1967 Camaro (Z28 clone)
I like the "stealth" button placement under the seat! THAT SOUNDED F*****G AWESOME, by the way!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #83
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
When you did the dyno with open valve, did you notice any effects on the AFR, if the car ran leaner?

I hope you get a chance to test and show this with TVS2300 and see how much it helps the S/C!
BTW, does that switch turns the valve on or did you guys put a secret Jet engine in there? :-)
Old 05-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #84
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Very clean. Would love to hear back-to-back passes with all 3 positions on the open road.

Closed Thread

Tags
cutout, diverter, electric, exhaust, mufflers