Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
BC Coilovers installed

Took my car to Mike over at Whiteside Customs to get some BC Coilovers and some bushings installed.

I’ll say that I’ve never had adjustable coilovers on any of my street cars before but these things really improved the ride of my car. I just got them installed so I don’t a whole lot of drive time with them other than the hour long ride home. Right off the bat I could tell the ride was 100x smoother than what I had before. Currently they are set at 12 front/6 rear so I could go a little softer if I need.

These coilovers seem to be a great…..and they have a great price to go along with them. Sometimes people say you get what you pay for but in this case I think you’re just getting a great coilover for a very good price.

I also had some rear differential bushings installed along with a set of Radius Rod full bushings. So far I’m not really hearing any extra noise from the diff bushings but like I said I haven’t had a lot of seat time with them. I did leave the radio down for most of the ride home so that I could see if I noticed any extra noise….so far, nothing.

I’ll have to take the car out to the track to see if the rear bushings made any difference but I’m pretty sure they will. I’m hoping to get out to my next AutoX event at the beginning of November so we’ll see if the coilovers and bushings help there as well.

Even if they coilovers don’t help the performance of my car at all I’ll say they are still worth the money for the better drivability they give the car vs just doing a drop spring.

Thanks to Mike for doing a great job in my install, adjusting everything up properly, and making sure my alignment was done correctly. Those of you in the DFW area considering coilovers should call Whiteside and you’ll see how affordable they are to get installed.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
toilets

Drives: 2010 camaro
Very nice!!! You get bounced around at all when hitting dips? I like the feel of mine but it is more stiff then stock which I like of course.
toilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
caverman

So far I don't get bounced around any more than I would in Yukon. You'll still feel bumps in the road just like any car but WAY better than it was.

Do you have the coilovers? If so, give 12F / 6R a try.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
toilets

yeah, I got the Pedders ones but I think its the same. Im at 14F/10R now... But Ive been given advice to go with a 20F 24R at my next autox event.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
How low did you go? Have any before and after pics?
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
yeah, I got the Pedders ones but I think its the same. Im at 14F/10R now... But Ive been given advice to go with a 20F 24R at my next autox event.
Should basically be the same. Of course it all depends on what you like driving wise. I want a nice soft ride around town but stiff at a AutoX or Drag event. That's why I went with the coilovers.

Just for grins try the 12/6 for a couple days and see how you like it. Easy enough to change.
Build Journal
Old 09-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
toilets

I will change it sometime this week and give it a try. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Well....I had some Hotchkis 1" springs on it before so the car was already lowered. We set it to go to about 1.25" so there isn't a major difference. Not like going from stock to 1.25" lower.

It was dark when I came home last night. I'll get some pics in my driveway like I took with my Hotchkis springs and see if I can compare them. I'll post them up once I have them but it will probalby be tonight or tomorrow before I get a chance to do that.
Build Journal
Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
toilets

mine ended up being a 1.4 inch drop. Im in the same boat as Caverman and I can take picks for you when I get home. ( i think i have a stock photo)
Old 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #10
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
David,

Thank you for allowing us to work on your Camaro! Enjoy the ride!
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Tooks some pics tonight to use as comparison. First pic is with the Hotckis 1" springs. Second pic is with BC Coilovers set to about 1.25".
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 09-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
blk5genss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
David,

Thank you for allowing us to work on your Camaro! Enjoy the ride!

Excellent work, can you pm me what I would looking at to buy and heve the BC Coilovers installed as well as the rear cradle bushing? Also what it would run me it I did it myself, part only! Thanks!!
TSP Cam 231/236 112 LSA,TSP UD,Fast 102 w/Ported TB,AirAid CAI,1 7/8 catted Stainless Power LT,3 IN MBRP 3 in Exhaust/180*,Spohn LTA's,Toe Links, Drag Bar,Diff bushings,Hurst shifter,Hendrix/DSS 1400HP Axles,Nitto NT555R's,Lethal Performance Custon Tune 480 RWHP 454 RWTQ!! Best run so far is 11.94@121 LPE 3.91's Coming soon NW 102, and DSS DS, then car should be complete!!!
blk5genss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #13
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
How easy is it to change the ride height settings?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #14
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
How easy is it to change the ride height settings?
In the picture above where Mike is measuring the height on the coil you'll see a coulple locking mechanisms. Bacsically you loosen I believe the lower one and use the included tools to take some threads out.
Build Journal