Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
msp2887

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black
Malouf Chevrolet, Rt 1 in North Brunswick, NJ

Anyone have experience with this dealership's maintenance center? I've been pretty disappointed the last two times I've been there, and was curious to see if anyone else has been to them and had anything to say.
msp2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
No Bueno all around. I would never bring anything there bro. Seriously, this joint is a no go. Have heard many a story all without a happy ending.

I did my good deed for the day now I am logging off.

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
They corrected my rear spolier paint issue. Now I have a nut rattling around inside that I need to fish out.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
I made an appointment there to have my AC looked at. Arrived at the dealer and had to find someone to help me. Once I located someone they told me that a service manager or something would come meet with me and take care of my issues. After waiting for 30 minutes and noone even acknowledging me I got pissed and took my car back and left.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Oh yeh, Top notch !

seriously

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
uefa2k1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to uefa2k1
I used Hawthorne Chevy to get my deck lid repainted due to the spoiler chip issue. They took great care of me and did a great job. Updated me everyday on the car, set up Enterprise rental waiting for me. Drive right into service area, no waiting, dealt directly with manager. Might be out of your way tho.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Malouf Sucks, I'm not really a fan of any dealerships but I got mine at Superior down the road on route 1, and I'm happy with the service I get there. They all remember who I am and they got some pretty cool guys working there, Give them a shot.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
I've recently had lousy experiences with Pine Belt Freehold (2 of the last 3 times I've taken it there) and will not be returning. The service department is by far the worst of any Chevy dealer I've ever gone to. I filled out a questionnaire expressing my troubles and of course nobody ever bothers to call back.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
msp2887

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Malouf Sucks, I'm not really a fan of any dealerships but I got mine at Superior down the road on route 1, and I'm happy with the service I get there. They all remember who I am and they got some pretty cool guys working there, Give them a shot.
Is Superior the one down at the Rt 1/95 split in Plainsboro? If so, that's right by my office (I work in Carnegie Center). I took my car there when I first got it to have the front tag bracket put on and they scratched and dented it. They were quick to fix it so I let it go after a plenty of steaming. Well this time it went in to have the sunroof looked at and have an oil change while they were at it. Well it took them 6+ hours and at least 20 miles on the car + now I have spiderweb marks in the paint from their wonderful "courtesy wash." Called Chevy customer service who was quick about it initially, but now the district rep isn't getting back to me. Kinda getting disappointed with Chevrolet now too .
Old 06-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #10
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2887 View Post
Is Superior the one down at the Rt 1/95 split in Plainsboro? If so, that's right by my office (I work in Carnegie Center)..
Yes it is, right across the highway from joe's crab shack. That stinks man I'm sorry to hear you had troubles there as well. Truthfully I have only gone there for oil changes so far. I'd change the oil myself but I just let a dealer do it for "warranty" purposes so they can't blame anything on me, I know they'd try and weasel out of it somehow.

It's sad though there used to be a LITTLE chevy dealer in hopewell, nj and I was friends with the guy that owned. He was straightforward and i recieved probably the best service i have had (my whole family took our chevy's there for years). Sadly since he was small GM kind put him out of business. It was sad.

Hopefully we all can find a dealer that doesn't suck, but they don't call them "stealerships" for nothing.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #11
v6needluv2

Drives: 2011 Victory Red LS
I remember when i was looking for a camaro i saw some good priced ones on maloufs website, so i went and showed my dad and he said what dealership are they at? I told him malouf and he said never ever buy a car from them. I guess i understand why now. Went to Oasis chevy in old bridge the next week, got my camaro for a great price with outstanding service
v6needluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
msp2887

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6needluv2 View Post
I remember when i was looking for a camaro i saw some good priced ones on maloufs website, so i went and showed my dad and he said what dealership are they at? I told him malouf and he said never ever buy a car from them. I guess i understand why now. Went to Oasis chevy in old bridge the next week, got my camaro for a great price with outstanding service
The price was great and the salesman was really cool too, but part of that was because I ride EMS for a couple of local squads. You would think the courtesy would continue beyond that, but the service department has been awful.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #13
SOPMOD
El Presidente (SJCC)

Drives: 2011 SS2 / 2011 LT
I know its a haul for some of you but if you want GREAT Service it's worth the drive to Bennett Chevrolet in Egg Harbor Township. They are totally customer service oriented and will do what ever they can to take care of customers. I have purchased four cars in the last six months from them and would never consider any other dealership. I also had paint chip issues on my SS, rail dust issues on our LS and both times they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. I know many other customers who also feel the same way.

SOPMOD...OUT!

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because a soldier stands ready to do
violence on their behalf.
SOPMOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPMOD View Post
I know its a haul for some of you but if you want GREAT Service it's worth the drive to Bennett Chevrolet in Egg Harbor Township. They are totally customer service oriented and will do what ever they can to take care of customers. I have purchased four cars in the last six months from them and would never consider any other dealership. I also had paint chip issues on my SS, rail dust issues on our LS and both times they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. I know many other customers who also feel the same way.

SOPMOD...OUT!

I agree they are very good