Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #29
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi pusilanime,

Please do keep us posted on the concern. We are happy to assist further if needed.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusilanime View Post
I am currently in the middle of resolving this exact same issue on my 2013 SS. I started to notice the squeak/creak occasionally at about 500 miles and it has gotten progressively worse until it is a constant noise at 2500 miles. The dealer installed the spacers but it did nothing to fix the problem so they have the car over the weekend while a new seat frame is on order. Hopefully this will fix the problem, I'll keep y'all updated.

It has been very helpful to know others are having the same issue so I can direct the service department to TSBs and possible causes so thanks to everyone here!
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:06 AM   #30
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Driver Seat Squeaks!

2014 1800miles - squeaks became an issue yesterday & is driving me nuts! I'll read over this thread in its entirety first before going to dealer.

I just left dealer few days ago for the 2014 foglight housing 'gap' issue; that was unrepairable due to ' just how it's designed' = http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7557116
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers

Last edited by Adrian97c; 04-09-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #31
PhelanZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
The gap in the fog lamp housings are for the brake rotor cooling ducts

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
PhelanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #32
Adrian97c

Some have had issue fixed by replacing seat frame, & others by fixing lumbar wiring... Hmm wonder which is my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 04-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #33
PhelanZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Mine was entire seat track

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
PhelanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #34
Stett

Drives: 11 IBM 1LTRS, '89 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgrey View Post
Did it sound like this? http://youtu.be/Vw4HqWExwnc

That's what mine sounds like after any bump in the road.

Terribly irritating.

Again, worked 6a to 9p... So no chance to bring it to the dealer for diagnosis.

!!! That's exactly what mine sounds like. Thank you for this video! And sorry in advance for the long vent post. My seat is making me

My Camaro was rear-ended back in November and the driver's seat totally broke from the rack. I had it taken to my dealer's collision center and they had it there from mid-November through about mid-January. When the Collision center called me to tell me it was ready, I was ecstatic. But when I got there they hadn't even touched the seat (how do you miss when a seat isn't attached?). Forget that they tried to send me off in a death trap. A couple days later they call me back and they needed to replace the entire seat track/rail underneath, or so they said.

Just last week the power flaked and died in the Camaro. The dealership had it towed in. While it was there I asked them to also take a look at the seat because ever since I got it back the seat had been really noisy and clanky (just like that video!), and the 30 mile trip to the dealer is pretty out of the way.

They call me back the next day and tell me about damage to the battery ground wiring terminal, that it isn't covered under warranty and that the that the seat rail was missing a spacer, which also wouldn't be under warranty, and over $200 in labor, not including cost of the tow, rental, + diagnostic since it wasn't warrantied.

It turns out the collision center conveniently missed that the ground wire mounting off the battery was damaged in the accident, and the road vibrations since frayed the wire and stripped the screw threading. In ironic contrast, rather than admitting their collision center did too little with the insurance repairs to the car (who doesn't bother to check the battery connections when repairing a rear-end collision, and the battery is in the back?) they accused me of doing too much. The dealership accused me of trying to "install something" like it was taboo and I was trying to pull something over on them. Let's be honest. If I was installing something in my battery compartment, I would have damn well seen a broken ground wire from the battery. I bought the BA upgrade specifically so I didn't have to worry about doing that. Their technician insisted something was installed because it doesn't just get damaged on it's own. I asked them How about a Toyota Camry installed at 40mph? Would that do it?

I challenged about the collision center's warranty, I was told basically that I had to drive back up there, turn in the rental to the dealership, pick up the camaro and take it from the dealership to the collision center (Tim Tebow can throw farther than these two businesses were apart - opposite sides of a culdesac..), drop off the camaro there and work a rental out with the collision people.

Several phone calls and debates later the dealer eventually agreed to work with the collision center to get that all fixed. I get my Camaro back, it has power, but the driver's seat is now even noiser than before! I'm withholding the name of the dealership and their collision center, well just because.

I just want to be able to sit in my Camaro and be able to hear the sound of my exhaust or even the radio for that matter, and not the bleeping seat! Whatever it takes!
3000 - 7/28 - Order accepted by production control
3400 - 8/09 - Order broadcast
3800 - 8/17 - Order produced
9/02 - DELIVERED!
Stett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #35
Adrian97c

I got lucky & my squeaks stopped (for now)once I got to 2.5k miles.. I now have 4k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
Old 05-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #36
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
In both my Impala SS and my Camaro RS I had the same iuuses in the front passenger seats. I had to have the dealership look into it. After they had mine for about a week it was repaired. I just suggest you have your local GM dealership handle this.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #37
mjclemm
"Gunny"

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 RS Radiant Red
If anyone is havering the SQUEEL or squeak sound, it may be the seat belt retractor, it's located inside the plastic cover right beside the seat. To test this, pull on the seat belt and let it go, that's when the squeak happens, that's the problem. We looked everywhere to find it and this was the culprit all along.. Taking it to the dealer Monday to have it corrected.... Hope this helps .........mjclemm...
mjclemm is offline   Reply With Quote