Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #43
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
that white seems greyish... probably the camera

are you using a point and shoot or an SLR?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 01-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #44
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
OMG!! THE SIM looks soooooo gorgeous!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #45
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post

The images were taken with 2 different cameras. One is a Canon DSLR and the other is the top end Casio "Point and Shoot". The white balance was set for sunny conditions.

Yes, the white looks like it has some other color in it. Look at the paper the chips are on and you can see the camera is picking up white with no problems and the white chip HAS to be darker then the paper for it to show up like it does.

Remember, not all white is the same.

Also, the paint chip may or may not be reflecting some blue from the sky or something. It's all relative to what is around you and what the background is. Your eye will adjust to the surroundings differently than the camera.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #46
txcamarogirl
ABM 2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2005 silverado
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
Great job! I really like the different lighting.

Funny how my dealer didn't even know a thing about these paint chip colors when I asked them... yet we have someone able to post all of them in different lighting online for us to enjoy. The power of technology. Thanks again!
The dealer I ordered through still don't have them yet, but I found another local dealer that had the paint chip and didn't know they could take orders.
After seeing the paint chips I changed from IOM to ABM.

Order Date: 10-13-08
Order #: NDKF8K
Vin # 2824
Built: 04-08-2009
Shipped: 05-27-2009
Rail Car # ETTX-711847
Delivered: 06-03-2009
2010 ABM white stripes 2SS/RS Grey Leather auto
Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #47
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcamarogirl View Post
The dealer I ordered through still don't have them yet, but I found another local dealer that had the paint chip and didn't know they could take orders.
After seeing the paint chips I changed from IOM to ABM.
My dealer claimed he only received "Three of them" and handed me one to look at. For something so rare and valuable, he never asked for it back and didn't stop me from walking out the door with it in my hand.

hee hee hee.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #48
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Still CGM for me!

But I gotta say, I have not completely ruled out Black with beige interior, or Imperial Blue....
Old 01-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #49
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Thanks for the pics. I have been leaning toward ABM, but still want to see all the colors on the actual cars outside.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #50
Kelster

Drives: Many
Unhappy

I wish Chevy would make the Atomic Orange metallic available for Camaro
Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #51
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Some of the colors don't look correct in those pictures.
The white color strip looks anything but white in all those photos. How can you trust the accuracy of any of the other color samples unless you see the actual color strips in person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
IBM with white stripes will look beautiful in the sunlight.
And will lose all its sparkle and most of its color in almost all other light conditions.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #52
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
The white color strip looks anything but white in all those photos. How can you trust the accuracy of any of the other color samples unless you see the actual color strips in person?

And will lose all its sparkle and most of its color in almost all other light conditions.
No camera is perfect and no video card and/or monitor is perfect. People screw with the controls and software to make the screen fit their perception of "right" on any number of images or videos they see over the years. You have to take this into account when viewing any photos on your computer.

All I did was take photos from several different angles in different lighting conditions with two different high end digital cameras (both over $1000) and set them for colors calibrated to the light source (sunlight).

Any difference you see could be due to any number of factors or even due to the fact that your eyes may have a different color perception than other people (partial color blindness).

I tried to present the photos in a form people could use. None of the other photos was taken with anything other than a camera phone (designed for small size, not accurate color). I think they are good representations of the paint chip card.

As far as white goes, the truest white on the card is the white paper it's printed on. Use that as your white reference and adjust your monitor brightness and contrast until you see that card as white. The paint chip is NOT the same color as the card. Like I said before... not all whites are the same. It's not the same as the paper in the photos because it's not the same as them in reality. I can see the difference with my eye. Please take this into account.

Lastly, the white chip only looks less white becuse it's sitting on a paper white background (seldom seen in reality). The only time when white cars look less than perfect white is when you put them next to snow. Put them on grass and they look blindingly white. Your eye adjusts to the surroundings and makes the color perception shift.

This is a complex subject. I hope I have made it clearer for everyone. The point is that the car will be close to these chips in color but will look different in different light. It's hard to know exacrtly what it will look like until you see it in different conditions with your eyes. But until then the paint chips should give a little bit of a clue what direction you might prefer.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #53
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post

You can't. Thats my point, just go to a dealership and see for yourself. Thats what I had to do. Especially with the IOM, CGM and ABM. I haven't seen any pictures of those colors that look like they do in person. I have considered IOM twice judging it by pictures, but both times I went to a dealership and looked at it in person I changed my mind.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Old 01-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #54
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
You can't. Thats my point, just go to a dealership and see for yourself. Thats what I had to do. Especially with the IOM, CGM and ABM. I haven't seen any pictures of those colors that look like they do in person. I have considered IOM twice judging it by pictures, but both times I went to a dealership and looked at it in person I changed my mind.
That's what I did for ABM. Every time I see the color in a picture, I say to myself, this is it !!, but after seeing it in person ( on a HHR )..... Well, my mind was changed quickly.

Everyone should really take the time, and see the colors in the real world.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #55
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
The Cyber Grey does look better. It looks like the metallic grey Mazda used on 1st Gen RX7's.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #56
Attorneyguy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post

Agreed. Since when was "white" not white?

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, chips, colors, guide, paint