Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
briannutter

Drives: C4Vette,C5-Z06,Cherokee
LSX shootout-If I were in GM's marketing dept.

So who all is coming to the LSX shootout in Memphis this weekend? I am and I had a vision about what it would be like if the new SS made it's first public pass down the quarter mile at this very event.

Here's how I see it happening. It's High noon. The track announcer says "you all might want to focus your attention on the starting line". An armada of Blacked out Tahoes approach the line. Black suited guys with sunglasses jump out and stand guard. Warren Johnson and Grumpy Jenkins step out of the back and wave to the crowd. The crowd goes wild!

An 18 wheeler pulls up through the staging lanes and out onto the line. Press guys and the announcer near the tower aiming their boom mikes at the back of the trailer as the door starts to come down. Inside the trailer, the cacophony of open header'd LS3 as it fires. The drag radials start collecting pebbles as the SS backs off the trailer and into the bleach box. Warren relieves the driver and proceeds to do a top fuel burnout that passes through the lights. Grumpy backs him up along the tracks.

By punching in a secret code into the stereo, WJ enables a secret two-step rev limiter that GM installs in every 6 speed car. It has 2 settings, street tire and drag tire. WJ selects the latter with an not-so-evil laugh. The car is sitting at 4500rpm at WOT and the crowd edges forward in anticipation. The ambers come down and Warren clicks off a perfect light. The left front wheel hikes into the air a couple inches. The radials fight for traction. The car sounds like an automatic as WJ rows through the gears. The crowd stands up in anticipation. It crosses the line with 12.01 at 108mph. The crowd goes wild.

See ya there -Nutter
briannutter is offline   Reply With Quote