Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Cool Everyone Needs To Calm Down!! And Stop the Fanboy-ism

I'm reading way too many dissapointed posts and too many fanboys from other cars coming over and here and thrashing the Camaro, by saying it isn't as good as I thought, I thought it would be much better than my car. And than we have Camaro fans saying dammit I thought it would be much better than the Mustang and Challenger.

Everyone please relax! On both sides other fanboys our fanboys! The Camaro is what it is. It is exactly what I thought it would be. And everyone that hated the numbers its producing please chill out, it is only one test of many to come. And the numbers are all pretty different in the skidpad department. anywhere from .89g - .94g, lets wait for a shootout before we go flaming the Camaro.

And the performance numbers I think will get a little better once the magazines have one for a longer period of time. We should see a 6-speed SS dip into the high 12 sec 1/4 mile mark soon enough, the 0-60 will be the same anywhere from 4.6 sec - 4.7 sec, and the slalom is what it is. It isn't that far off what I thought it would be considering the weight.

But lets all take a look at what pretty much every magazine review said, the Camaro is the most comfortable and handle what ever you put infront of it compaired to the competition. It is still superior to its competition as a whole package. And, it will be the best on everyday roads, and the best at the track so relax. Who cares about the slalom, how many of us will be doing a slalom with their car? Most likely none. The fact is the Camaro is the best in performance and will win any pissing contest you put it into versus the Mustang, Challenger, and 370Z! As it should, it clearly is light years ahead of the Stang in the engine output department, weighs less than the Challenger with 1 more HP, and is just way too much Torque for the 370Z.

It is a muscle car for the 21st century and it really is a sports car if you look at the numbers. I've seen cars being labeled a sports car that don't put up numbers like the SS. So everyone just relax. If you're a Camaro fan just be happy that our icon is back on the streets to fight for the pnoy car / muscle car crown, even though you should be just happy enough that it's back at all. And other fans please quit flaming the Camaro. Most of your cars have a head start on ours, and we will still most likely beat you at any track, and if not be right there with you for the msot part! That isn't any disrespect to your cars, but lets face it it, GM is giving us a much better start with our car than most of your companies did when yours came out or were redesigned. And, for those that have other cars and are giving us props on ours thank you for the support of our new Camaro and welcoming us back into the game, I have mad respect for your vehicles and hope that we battle at the track together for a long time!
Old 03-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Well said
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
The comfort, handling, low road-noise and gas mileage are its most impressive attributes IMHO.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
The comfort, handling, low road-noise and gas mileage are its most impressive attributes IMHO.

Yes this is also a great point that the Camaro wil also lead in MPG versus the competition, which is a true testament to GM and their technology considering it is the biggest engine 6.2L, most power 426HP/420TQ, and heaviest (3800 lbs) in its class!
Old 03-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak

Definately need some chilling out! Thanks for the post, well said!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Old 03-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Nice post, i think everyone should relax, acting like their car is the best thing since sliced bread, we are driving fords and chevys here not ferrari's and lambo's. and it would be nice if both sides would accept a few truths and stop with all the
but but but but's" i give credit where credit is due, i dont see many people on here doing the same when ANY other car is mentioned. if i said a ferrari is fast right now some random dude will come out and say "it wont beat a camaro in the twisties!!"
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
All i know is i am happy the camaro is back. i am happy with the numbers. most of all i am happy i will be getting mine!!!!!!!

Last edited by Miamimatt; 03-21-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
AlaskaZ06

Drives: 1968 RS/SS 396
Well said....Thank You
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette convertible
1971 Corvette convertible
1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro
2009 335i xdrive BMW[/B]
Old 03-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Nice post, i think everyone should relax, acting like their car is the best thing since sliced bread, we are driving fords and chevys here not ferrari's and lambo's. and it would be nice if both sides would accept a few truths and stop with all the
but but but but's" i give credit where credit is due, i dont see many people on here doing the same when ANY other car is mentioned. if i said a ferrari is fast right now some random dude will come out and say "it wont beat a camaro in the twisties!!"

But... the Camaro will beat it in the twisties duh! Just kidding man, thanks for the post! Well said!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #10
6 Shooter
Six Speed Freak

Drives: 2000 LS6 Millennium Yellow Roadster
Cool WOW - The Camaro is a very nice sports car but it ain't no Vette!

Old 03-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
SVThis

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS Victory Red 1 of 76
To All The Kool Aide Drinkers

As mentioned in another thread, I don't post on this forum very often. I am on here pretty much every day, as I enjoy learning as much about the new Camaro as possible.

The area that disturbs me the most is the bashing of other peoples views if they happen to even mention something negative about the Camaro. Some of the people on here need to lighten up. Not eveyone is a troll or our enemy in combat.

The new Camaro should be a great car, but it isn't the second coming of Jesus Christ. As Jimmy Jones once said, "Too much Kool Aide spoils the day". Actually I made that up.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #12
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
.. and I also think that we should be able to talk about things we dont
like about the camaro in a resectful way, instead of getting flamed and
called names, or the old "Go buy another car" crap.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
The only thing i dont like is that i dont have mine yet!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
Very good point. If anyone should see anyone start posting that "Go buy another car" or "Shut up if you don't like it" stuff, PLEASE report the post or PM me directly and let me know. That kind of blind fanboy / nonconstructive rhetoric is not what this community is about.

Closed Thread