Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #15
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsack789 View Post
OK, they're not saying that there is anything wrong with it. They probably just want a good way to end the article!!! They obviously enjoyed it.
I understand that, but saying the car has "no soul" and isn't "bad ass" enough. Eh, I just find it childish. "It's not like the car I had in HIGH SCHOOL!!"

It's not supposed to be. It's a 21st century pony car.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #16
Mattsack789

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
I understand that, but saying the car has "no soul" and isn't "bad ass" enough. Eh, I just find it childish. "It's not like the car I had in HIGH SCHOOL!!"

It's not supposed to be. It's a 21st century pony car.
You're right though. I mean, if chevy did put a supercharger in it, they would have said it didn't fit in the "21st Century".
Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #17
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
Not to offend ANYONE that has these feelings, but I find it extremely childish of people who use a car to enhance or replace their manhood.

Saying they want the car to feel more "bad ass" is saying that they think a car makes THEM "bad ass". This reeks of a childish insecurity. It reinforces all of the pony car stereotypes that a car is just a replacement for a man's penis and "the bigger the engine, the smaller the johnson".

I don't know, when so-called adults speak about "chewing up Mustangs" and being "bad ass" and all of that stuff, I just roll my eyes.

The Camaro is PLENTY "bad ass" this last sentence:

"It's hard to knock a car with so few faults, but we want a Camaro with a little bad-ass in it. And in our brief time with the new one, we didn't find that. There's hope, however. Check out the hood budge. It provides plenty of room for the Corvette ZR1's supercharger. We bet 600 or more horsepower would make it plenty evil."

That's something I expect some 22 year old who still brags about how drunk he got last night to say. Not grown, middle-aged men.
quite right. PM is def a mag I wouldnt even wipe my butt on. They are usually in bed with the manufacturers and like they are reviewing. I'm sure they will say what you want them to say if you really wanted them too.