Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #239
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Where do you buy those, I really want one............

You?????fixing the map................really????????
see the thread linked below

and yeah... working on trying to fix the spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avellanet.jr View Post
I got a great deal from Amazon, plus free overnight shipping

Quote:
Are there different models or accessories I should know about? I know nothing other than it attaches to the vehicle...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
not trying to offend you or anything but have you been to tommys before? it is a motorcycle/atv store i dont think it will fit all of us there the parking lot is not very big. the wal mart is right across the interstate from tommys
We're not stopping specifically at Tommy's. I'm using that as a reference point. When you put in the address for any of buildings on that side of the interstate, it puts the map point on the other side of the interstate and I would rather not try to get everyone back on the interstate turning left across traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
If you're looking for a GoPro check this thread out - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238491

It talks about a website that you can rent them from... even though it might be just as cheap to purchase one. Haha.
Diane... here ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
I will concur with Ken. I live 10 minutes away from this exit. Tommy's motorsports doesn't have a very big parking lot. It looks bigger than it really is on google maps. This is a motorcycle/ atv shop and they put a lot of their merchandise in their lot. You might be able to fit 20 to 25 cars in there if the lot's clear leaving little room for their actual customers.

The Wal-Mart is literally across the interstate from there. You can see the Wal-Mart clearly from the interstate and the off-ramp. If you turn left at the off-ramp traffic light and then turn right at the next traffic light, you can't miss the Wal-Mart entrance. It has two of them. This Wal-Mart isn't typically crowded so it would be a good place for you guys to meet...especially if some of you are trailering your cars.

If you plug in the following address on google maps, it will point you to the second entrance:

Walmart, 150 Tanner Lane, Clinton, TN 37716

I'm just saying you guys may want to rethink your meeting place at Tommy's.
See above.... and below.

We arent stopping for long periods of time to hang out and pop the hood. We are getting of the road and going to the gas stations, filling up our cars, and having the local members join up with us and get back on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
I know the area also and agree, the largest parking lot you are going to find close to the interstate in that part of Knoxville is the Walmart.
Ed M.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
I'm not sure he means Tommys. I sent the OP a map that showed Shoneys, Weigels and the road to Fox Toyota. I suggested we gather (line up) in the road to the Toyota (plenty of room and very little traffic) between Wiegels/Shoneys so we have easy access to the interstate. Walmart has too many red lights to get back on the interstate in my opinion.
This is the plan.

Quote:
True, it would be maddening trying to get back out of the Wal-Mart if you have a large group trying to stay together. It would be far better than to try and cram 50 cars into Tommy's though. However, like you said, if the idea is to line up on the long stretch of road that runs to Fox Toyota then that would certainly be manageable as long as they wouldn't care for you guys to take up one of the lanes.

If Fox Toyota would allow you guys to do this then this would be the best bet, as it would allow you to get back on the road and on the interstate with minimal traffic light interference. One of the Fox brothers runs Fox Chevrolet in Clinton; so they might not mind having a bunch of Camaros lined up out front of the Toyota dealership. It might even bring some desired attention to the lot depending on how long you guys will be there.
As mentioned above, I am using Tommy's as a reference point near the closest gas stations right off the interstate. All of our stopovers are going to be at gas stations or within a block or two, but also arranged so that getting back on the interstate is a right turn as opposed to fighting traffic with who knows how many cars trying to turn left to get on the onramp.

Trust me guys, this isn't my first rodeo
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #240
Seawolf

Drives: Ordered:2SS HyperBlue/Ceramic White
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
As mentioned above, I am using Tommy's as a reference point near the closest gas stations right off the interstate. All of our stopovers are going to be at gas stations or within a block or two, but also arranged so that getting back on the interstate is a right turn as opposed to fighting traffic with who knows how many cars trying to turn left to get on the onramp.

Trust me guys, this isn't my first rodeo
Okay Spike, that's cool. It was just a misinterpretation on my part with the way I read your post. I really wasn't trying to step on your toes. I just honestly didn't want you guys to accidentally get into a headache, but it sounds like you've done your homework. I didn't want your guys' trip to get off to a rocky start.

2/5/2016: Ordered -- '16 order never picked up...
4/28/2016: Ordered '17
5/3/2016: 2000.......5/31/2016: 3400
5/4/2016: 3000.......6/14/2016: 3800
5/9/2016: 3000.......6/15/2016: 4200
TPW 6/6/2016..........6/17/2016: 4300
5/25/2016: 3100......6/18/2016: 4200
5/28/2016: 3300......6/21/2016: 5000
..............6/22/2016: 6000..............
Seawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #241
dcarlos55

Drives: 2017 HBM A10 ZL1
Quote:
Are there different models or accessories I should know about? I know nothing other than it attaches to the vehicle...........
You want the hero2 camera if you're going to buy one. And the wifi backpack. That allows you to be able to turn the camera on and off from a remote inside the car. Keeps you from getting a lot of video that will be edited out anyway, saves battery juice and space on the SD card. The mortorsorts version comes with the suction cup mount, otherwise you would have to buy the mount separate. They don't come with an SD card so you have to get that separate too. I have 32G cards for both of mine.

If your going to go the rental route, the Hero will do fine. Either one will take great video. Just don't put it inside the car and expect to get good video through the windshield as you will get a lot of glare off the windshield. I learned that lesson already. It may be caused by the coating they put on the windshield for the HUD.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #242
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Okay Spike, that's cool. It was just a misinterpretation on my part with the way I read your post. I really wasn't trying to step on your toes. I just honestly didn't want you guys to accidentally get into a headache, but it sounds like you've done your homework. I didn't want your guys' trip to get off to a rocky start.
No worries!!!

I do long distance driving and some transportation on the side in addition to driving to Illinois to see my family all the time. I live out of my truck most of the time.

add to that the number of events and cruises I've helped orchestrate. we'll have some "changes" during the trip, but thats expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlos55 View Post
You want the hero2 camera if you're going to buy one. And the wifi backpack. That allows you to be able to turn the camera on and off from a remote inside the car. Keeps you from getting a lot of video that will be edited out anyway, saves battery juice and space on the SD card. The mortorsorts version comes with the suction cup mount, otherwise you would have to buy the mount separate. They don't come with an SD card so you have to get that separate too. I have 32G cards for both of mine.

If your going to go the rental route, the Hero will do fine. Either one will take great video. Just don't put it inside the car and expect to get good video through the windshield as you will get a lot of glare off the windshield. I learned that lesson already. It may be caused by the coating they put on the windshield for the HUD.
I need to get one mounted to the bed pockets on the truck and maybe one on the front bumper for some "up close" vids
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #243
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlos55 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
No worries!!!

I do long distance driving and some transportation on the side in addition to driving to Illinois to see my family all the time. I live out of my truck most of the time.

add to that the number of events and cruises I've helped orchestrate. we'll have some "changes" during the trip, but thats expected.

I need to get one mounted to the bed pockets on the truck and maybe one on the front bumper for some "up close" vids
Okay, so I can tell I will need technical assistance to use it if I purchase. Thanks for the advice guys..........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #244
avellanet.jr
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #77
Just realized I start my trek to Camaro5Fest in one week, I will for sure be staying in ATL Tuesday night and meeting up with you guys in the AM!!! Can't wait to meet all the camarovan people.

Started thinking of what all to bring, came up with:
Walkie Talkies
Helmet
GoPro
Clothes etc.
Chair
Mod money

Anything else?
avellanet.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #245
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Okay, so I can tell I will need technical assistance to use it if I purchase. Thanks for the advice guys..........
no prob. finding a good mounting spot is the biggest thing. working the camera is easy.

at the first fest TAG UR IT had one mounted on the back of his car for the whole trip. every one of his videos started with his face in view because the camera has a little red light that comes on when its recording.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #246
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Everything will be okay. Everyone will all get to Indy regardless!!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #247
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
If you Wednesday drivers wanna do us Thursday peeps a favor.....post up any speed traps you guys see please

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #248
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
I'm gonna try to catch up in Knoxville.Not on the list though.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #249
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
If you Wednesday drivers wanna do us Thursday peeps a favor.....post up any speed traps you guys see please
already in the works
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth-ss View Post
I'm gonna try to catch up in Knoxville.Not on the list though.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #250
Anubis

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black A6
41 hours till departure!

Has the meeting point in Greenville/Traveler's Rest been nailed down?
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #251
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
41 hours till departure!

Has the meeting point in Greenville/Traveler's Rest been nailed down?
Spinx Gas station/ Dunkin Donuts on the corner of highway 25 and Tigerville Road.

be there before 730

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #252
Anubis

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black A6
Perfect! I'll be getting there about 6:30am. Have to have time to get my 50 pack of chocolate donut holes and a large red bull for the first leg (actually second leg for me) of the trip.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote