Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
javi05

Drives: 14 ss 1le camaro
14 c/s 5.0 vs 14ss 1le

i have run this 5.0 about 5-6 times with last night being the best. 60 roll i got him by a fender each time. one 60 roll he had me by a fender. imo both these cars are so close in power that its even.. i get him he gets me but never by much either.. so i dont know why people say the 5.0 beats up on the camaros stock vs stock i havent seen it yet.. both with manual trans. i know with a tune and headers he is done.. but him with tune and headers might just surprise me is what ive heard like i said havent seen that yet either... so imo the 5.0 and the 1le stock for stock is pretty much even in a str8 line.. lol.. road coarse.. yall know that out come lol....

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. blk on blk..stock
javi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
i have run this 5.0 about 5-6 times with last night being the best. 60 roll i got him by a fender each time. one 60 roll he had me by a fender. imo both these cars are so close in power that its even.. i get him he gets me but never by much either.. so i dont know why people say the 5.0 beats up on the camaros stock vs stock i havent seen it yet.. both with manual trans. i know with a tune and headers he is done.. but him with tune and headers might just surprise me is what ive heard like i said havent seen that yet either... so imo the 5.0 and the 1le stock for stock is pretty much even in a str8 line.. lol.. road coarse.. yall know that out come lol....
Yep I think they are closer than people give the Camaro's credit for....As for the road course, the Mustang and Camaro wars are all about straight line and I bet $100 I will get flamed for that one...
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
javi05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Yep I think they are closer than people give the Camaro's credit for....As for the road course, the Mustang and Camaro wars are all about straight line and I bet $100 I will get flamed for that one...
yea i am a str8 line kinda guy also.. but i wouldnt mind a road course run one day.. everyone says its fun... something about the way the 5.0 shifts seems to lose some get up during shifting maybe its the driver but when he shifts a pull ahead.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
yea i am a str8 line kinda guy also.. but i wouldnt mind a road course run one day.. everyone says its fun... something about the way the 5.0 shifts seems to lose some get up during shifting maybe its the driver but when he shifts a pull ahead.
I love watching those Pro-Stock Camaro's in the NHRA but John Force has the funny cars sewed up with those Mustang's. I also like watcing the road racing with the Camaro's but my favorite is the 1320...
Old 09-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
that's impossibru the 5.0 can beat the Camaro by a 1\4 mile in the 1\8th mile. that's how fast it is.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
I love watching those Pro-Stock Camaro's in the NHRA but John Force has the funny cars sewed up with those Mustang's. I also like watcing the road racing with the Camaro's but my favorite is the 1320...
The only thing "Mustang" about those Funny Cars are the graphics. 500ci Hemi 's do not a Mustang make.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The only thing "Mustang" about those Funny Cars are the graphics. 500ci Hemi 's do not a Mustang make.
You have zero clue what your talking about.

They run a FORD 500 BOSS motor.....No Hemi.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
You have zero clue what your talking about.

They run a FORD 500 BOSS motor.....No Hemi.

The Boss 500 motor is an evolution of the NHRA mandated design for a Top Fuel motor which is a derivative of a Hemi head architecture. The Boss 429 motor was a Hemi design also but Mopar has that name trademarked, so Ford called it the Blue Crescent, or shotgun motor.

The only thing genuinely made by Ford in that engine are the main bearing caps, otherwise it's a very massaged and warmed over version of a very old design.

That was not a knock on Ford engine design, the NHRA requires top fuel engines to be no more than 500 cubic inches and of a Hemi design. If you ever get a chance to see one of the Boss 500 Top Fuel motors with the valve covers off in the pits you will see the rocker arm and valve arrangement is a Hemi.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #9
javi05

Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
that's impossibru the 5.0 can beat the Camaro by a 1\4 mile in the 1\8th mile. that's how fast it is.
well i havent seen that yet... maybe its the driver.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #10
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The Boss 500 motor is an evolution of the NHRA mandated design for a Top Fuel motor which is a derivative of a Hemi head architecture. The Boss 429 motor was a Hemi design also but Mopar has that name trademarked, so Ford called it the Blue Crescent, or shotgun motor.

The only thing genuinely made by Ford in that engine are the main bearing caps, otherwise it's a very massaged and warmed over version of a very old design.

That was not a knock on Ford engine design, the NHRA requires top fuel engines to be no more than 500 cubic inches and of a Hemi design. If you ever get a chance to see one of the Boss 500 Top Fuel motors with the valve covers off in the pits you will see the rocker arm and valve arrangement is a Hemi.
Mopar yes did indeed come up with the Hemi head design and your right about NHRA rules however Ford still uses their own engines even if it does have the "Hemi" head design that doesnt make it a Mopar. With thinking like yours, since Ford came to market with the 1st V8 does that mean that GM and Chrysler Corp copied Ford's V8....No it doesnt.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #11
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
That right there is why. 1LE is a different animal than a regular SS. Pretty sure most of the non-1LE guys get miffed when a 1LE guy breaks 400whp without a cam (which, from what I've seen, happens a lot).
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #12
JackalopeZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
One thing that is hardly ever thrown into the figures.. He might suck as a driver and the car makes up the difference or vise versa.. At 60 that does even things up a bit though..
Old 09-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
JackalopeZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Hemispherical head design vs trade mark name is correct.. There are a Gazzilion Hemispherical engines out there that technically are not called Hemi's due to trade mark
Old 09-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #14
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
They are close, even closer with the 1LEs gears and lighter wheels. Equal drivers though and the 5.0 should pull about a car.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote