Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Really part of the community now - 45th anniversary 2ss

I apologize that this might be a bit pic heavy This is also a long story, but it's not often I get to share it. It was almost 4 months in the making so bare with me

Well, it all finally worked out and I now have my 45th anniversary 2SS M6 sitting in my garage. It was a lot of driving today to pic her up (3 hours each way) but well worth it.

Back in May I started looking at getting a new 2011 Camaro. I had an idea of exactly what I wanted and how I could afford it. 2LT IBM Manual with RS package. Unfortunately due to the disasters in the spring, this proved to be a most difficult to find.

After not being able to find something for a few weeks, my sales guy told me that we should just order a 2012 and he'd honor the prices he quoted me. I was all for this, and waiting till some time in August wasn't a big deal to me (this was early June). I knew that production would freeze and start back up mid July.

So, this was when I signed up for the forums here and started to get alarmed in what I was reading about IBM. The dealer saw the constraints and new he couldn't order IBM yet. This went on through the middle of July when I really gave up on IBM. The sales guy did a few things that didn't make me happy (saying he'd call back and forgetting to, etc).

That was when I started to look into the 45th anniversary. I instantly fell in love with it and slowly it became my new passion. Around the begining of August I got offered a promotion at work and everything completely changed.

With the promotion meant a 2SS was in my future. I really wanted the 45th at this time and was willing to order it. I contacted my sales guy and he indicated that he had some good news and would call me back later that day. Well, 2 days later I go the call that the dealer had 2 45th Anniversary Coupe's coming in. One was spoken for but I could have the second.

I was excited for this and agreed. Fast forward 3 weeks and I called my sales guy to get a status update. He indicated that he'd call me back after looking into it later that that day. About 5 days later I was pretty disappointed in him and started looking through other dealer's inventories online.

On Monday I found one that was in stock just 3 hours east other way (the first was 2 hours west). I filled out the "Hey I am interested contact me please" form online and with in minutes got an email indicating that they would beat the other dealer's price and it was sitting on the lot.

I called to double check that it was there and drove the 3 hours to the dealer after the sales guy confirmed it.

I got there and he greeted me after finishing with his customer to take me to look at it. I was completely excited. We approached it and I turned to the sales guy with a very sad look on my face. "You know...on the web it was a coupe." Yup...he pulled aside the vert and didn't even check the stock numbers.

I was pretty upset at this point but was willing to see where this would go (I was not interested in the vert). He looked and saw the coupe was in transit with an expected delivery of Thursday. I heard him out to see what kind of deal we'd get and what kind of trade they'd give me.

We went through the old back and forth on trade in value and after getting him up 2k from where he started we shook on it and filled out papers. By now I was pretty impatient so I was doing daily checks with everyone I could (thanks Becky ) including calling chevy customer support.

Thanks to the CS team, I found out the car was 30 minutes from the dealer for almost 5 days. I called the dealer yesterday after not hearing from the sales guy only to find that he left for the day and had Friday off. I talked to a manger and found out the car was there and I could get it Saturday.

After telling him Friday would be better and explaining my Monday, he agreed. So...the journey finally ended and today I drove the 3 hours to pick her up and to start the break in process!

I haven't thought of a name yet, but here she is. I was going to have them tint the windows, but I decided I wanted the car for the weekend and I could find someone else to do it cheaper.

So...thanks to Maureen ( ) I have a painted heritage grille sitting in my living room that I need to get on there (really will be my first Mod on her) and then I need to start making a list of next step items. My permagrin has fixed itself onto my face and I don't know what to do!

I snapped these at the dealer and while I was waiting for an old friend to meet me for some food before I headed back home.

Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
Wise choice with the SS'
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
so nice man so nice.
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
Moelack

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th M6
Send a message via AIM to Moelack
Congratulations, man. I'm waiting on my exact one as we speak from the factory.
Moelack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I love it, congrats
Old 09-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #6
MY2012RS

Drives: 2012 1LT
Love that color!!!..IMO one of the nicest colors on the 5th gen Camaros
Old 09-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
TJeezey

Drives: 2011 SS/RS M6