Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #981
Beandip2811

Drives: 2010 Camaro
There is a big show on Saturday July 10th in Fremont. My car will be in it but I will be at work but I sure would like to see some of the Camaro5 community representing.

Also for those who might be able to attend there will be a poker run put on for one of our employees at Dillons. His 3 year old daughter has a brain tumor and we are going to be putting it on to help with the sudden care costs. It is scheduled for Sunday July 25th at this point but if anyone has the time we sure could use the Camaro5 faithful to come out in full.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:35 AM   #982
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Heading over to the dyno today! Should be a decent day.....looks like temps in the high 70's.....Hopefull ythe humidity stays down. Will be at dyno sport by 10 am. Hopefully theu can get it dialed and and get some small issues resolved! I told myself that I would stop with the mods when i get 560 rwhp so hopefully for my Visa, we hit it today! (prob not)
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #983
BlownSS

well.....it only made 536 rwhp today with 531 tq.......Not to bad but Im still a little butthurt because I was looking for 550......I guess we will wait till the fall and some cooler weather to see better numbers. Hopefully by that time, I will be getting about 570. The tune that I got from Jannetty racing was DEAD ON and the guy at Dynosport couldnt see any place to make an improvement so we left the tune alone. They were great to work with.....i was there for 2 hours and had 3 runs......only a hundred dollars......AWESOME! Here is the video.....its kinda crap and really long. I would fast worward to the "show" 3:30 and then stop it......there really isnt anything after it...just some anti-climactic bullshitting

http://www.dynosport.com/ls2.htm

2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.

Last edited by BlownSS; 06-12-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #984
_Z28

Drives: Pewter Z/28
Yep, Dan does pretty good with prices.

Nice numbers, when will we race?
_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #985
summitss/rsls3

Drives: summit white/IOM ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
well.....it only made 536 rwhp today with 531 tq.......Not to bad but Im still a little butthurt because I was looking for 550......I guess we will wait till the fall and some cooler weather to see better numbers. Hopefully by that time, I will be getting about 570. The tune that I got from Jannetty racing was DEAD ON and the guy at Dynosport couldnt see any place to make an improvement so we left the tune alone. They were great to work with.....i was there for 2 hours and had 3 runs......only a hundred dollars......AWESOME!

http://www.dynosport.com/ls2.htm

nice numbers for the time of year. im glad to see your tune was on. Dan is a good guy and i knew if you didnt need anything he wouldnt try to upsell you. for a hundred doll hairs i'd say you got everything that you wanted to know. this fall when i go to get mine tuned along with L.J. and R.D. you'll have to come down and see what it makes in good air. I'd bet at least another 10 to 12 hp for sure.

U still up to come down when i install my headers and cam and all the supporting goodies?
summitss/rsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #986
8kids2hummers1camaro
8Kids2hummers1camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IO, Gloss Stripe
Hey folks....

Been out of touch for a week with a road trip to Wyoming with the Camaro. Enjoyed seeing what speed I was comfortable getting her too on some side highway in Wyoming.....it was VERY nice.

Took her up in the mountains of Wyoming and she handles wonderfully at altitude! Lucked out and ended up at the Golden Colorado Car show last weekend. Saw a few beautiful Camaro SS's, but of greater importance.....my wife fell in love with a '65 Corvette coupe.....that just happened to be for sell.

After a week of research, driving the car, looking her over, we are bringing her into our family this Saturday. My garage is sooooo much fun to drive! H2, H3 (which I have been off roading all day today and the H3 is amazing off road), the Camaro SS/RS, and now a beautiful 1965 Corvette Stingray coupe (small block, 327/300). The Corvette is most certainly a driver. Spent a fair amount of time behind the wheel and it handles beautifully and has been well cared for and added to.

Personally not a fan of the later Corvette's but love the first and second generations!

Might actually have to start showing up and sharing the eye candy. But I'm not one to dress them up just to park them. I drive my cars and build them out to drive them.

Doing a few mod's on my Camaro but nothing very show worthy....just helping the driving fun and the look my kids and I want.

Happy Driving!
8kids2hummers1camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #987
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitss/rsls3 View Post
nice numbers for the time of year. im glad to see your tune was on. Dan is a good guy and i knew if you didnt need anything he wouldnt try to upsell you. for a hundred doll hairs i'd say you got everything that you wanted to know. this fall when i go to get mine tuned along with L.J. and R.D. you'll have to come down and see what it makes in good air. I'd bet at least another 10 to 12 hp for sure.

U still up to come down when i install my headers and cam and all the supporting goodies?
yup
Old 06-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #988
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
well.....it only made 536 rwhp today with 531 tq.......Not to bad but Im still a little butthurt because I was looking for 550......I guess we will wait till the fall and some cooler weather to see better numbers. Hopefully by that time, I will be getting about 570. The tune that I got from Jannetty racing was DEAD ON and the guy at Dynosport couldnt see any place to make an improvement so we left the tune alone. They were great to work with.....i was there for 2 hours and had 3 runs......only a hundred dollars......AWESOME!
Nice numbers - that is pretty good for this time of year

When are you going to get that beast down to MAM for some track time?? You would have a lot of fun and it would be nice to have another blown camaro out there, as well as some more Camaro5 brothers

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #989
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Nice numbers - that is pretty good for this time of year

When are you going to get that beast down to MAM for some track time?? You would have a lot of fun and it would be nice to have another blown camaro out there, as well as some more Camaro5 brothers
I was wanting to go last week, then I had someone that wanted to look at my 95 Z28 I had for sale. I figured if they came and made a decision early enough, I would still have time. It ended up taking quite awhile, they wanted to have a mech look at it. I figured I would at least come down on Saturday to watch, nope, woke up with a sore throat and have had a cold all week. Nothing better than 80 degree weather and a nasty cold
Scourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #990
tiresmokindad

Drives: Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by '70 RS View Post
I know your on here, who's got there cars.
This Nebraska peep's is good for me. I consider it as one of my good car. I ride it everywhere and it is fast for me!
tiresmokindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #991
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
DAMM IVE BEEN SO BUSY NO TIME FOR THE SITE OR DRIVING THE MARO,,,,ANY ONE HERE KNOW HOW TO IN STALL A CAM??????

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #992
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
DAMM IVE BEEN SO BUSY NO TIME FOR THE SITE OR DRIVING THE MARO,,,,ANY ONE HERE KNOW HOW TO IN STALL A CAM??????
Yeah, but if you are considering it, do the research. Don't just do it for the sound, do it because you want to make power since you going to sacrifice drivability a little bit.

I have Comp Cams LrR 277 installed, high lift and 113 deg, it doesn't like anything under 1500 rpm and I have 4.10 gears, so that helps a bit. 3K RPM though, it pulls like a M/F'r.

There are a quite a few guys locally that can do a cam swap(and know what they are doing).

You are going to want to consider a valvetrain upgrade too, springs, trunions, etc.

I like to stay local as I can, the guys at WS Store in Iowa have had some great prices and been very helpfull.
Scourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #993
summitss/rsls3

Drives: summit white/IOM ss/rs ls3
all you need is a little know how and the right tools. This is by far one of the easiest cars to do a cam swap in. I plan on doing my own and im sure it will be the better part of a day to do it, but i guess that depends on how many breaks i take. Im sure if tony is there to lend a hand an watch there will be a few of those breaks, Ha ha.
summitss/rsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #994
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitss/rsls3 View Post
all you need is a little know how and the right tools. This is by far one of the easiest cars to do a cam swap in. I plan on doing my own and im sure it will be the better part of a day to do it, but i guess that depends on how many breaks i take. Im sure if tony is there to lend a hand an watch there will be a few of those breaks, Ha ha.
the more beer i have, the less "help" I am.......but i cant wait to help ya rip into that bastard.......i wanna see how tough my swap is going to be.