Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #225
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
That is impressive.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #226

Drives: Getaway Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZL1 View Post
Worth repeating for those non-believers who continue to write thesis after thesis when all that is needed is a direct comparison using the same shoes on the same "test lap". Don't know why so many folks demean and degrade others for such a simple request. They call the ZL1 owners "jealous" etc etc....

Such childish playground talk. Comon GM if you are going to publish a 3 Second GAP..... show us the proof with the same tires in use. GM has the money to do this I am sure.

I may have to get Pu$$y Galore to be their driver however, just to make it a little more exciting to watch.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #227
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
3 second gap - with factory optioned tires. 1-2 second gap with the same tires. What's the big heartburn over comparing cars as they are delivered from the factory? Not a new concept.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Thanks for your contribution Jim but as I pointed out and many have, nobody is questioning this. Everybody knows track tires on the track out-perform street tires. What some people assumedWHO MAY I ASK? was that the only thing that made the Z/28 faster than the ZL1 were the Trofeos and that GM isn't posting the Z/28's Nurburgring times because they're embarrassed and trying to hide something. THAT IS INNACCURATE and PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLES MOUTHS Mark Stielow is legendary for his abilities and knows very well the difference tires makes. He doesn't think that just putting Trofeos on the Z/28 is all he needs to do. He knows since it's a track car he HAS to develop it for track tires since that's what Z/28 owners are going to be using on it. He's tweaking everything on the car to handle the g-forces it's going to sustain on the track with track tires, hence the brakes, the custom shocks, the differential, and everything else. He knows what he's doing which is a point some have apparently either missed or just don't want to acknowledge.

You sound experienced and I appreciate your contribution to the thread.
So, inquiring minds would simply like to know how the ZL1 would fare on that same TEST LAP using the same tires. No other inferences. No other innuendo. No other assumptions.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #229
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Thanks for your contribution Jim but as I pointed out and many have, nobody is questioning this. Everybody knows track tires on the track out-perform street tires. What some people assumed was that the only thing that made the Z/28 faster than the ZL1 were the Trofeos and that GM isn't posting the Z/28's Nurburgring times because they're embarrassed and trying to hide something. Mark Stielow is legendary for his abilities and knows very well the difference tires makes. He doesn't think that just putting Trofeos on the Z/28 is all he needs to do. He knows since it's a track car he HAS to develop it for track tires since that's what Z/28 owners are going to be using on it. He's tweaking everything on the car to handle the g-forces it's going to sustain on the track with track tires, hence the brakes, the custom shocks, the differential, and everything else. He knows what he's doing which is a point some have apparently either missed or just don't want to acknowledge.

You sound experienced and I appreciate your contribution to the thread.
Okay, I take back my pokes at your driving ability. Nice comment. Thanks.

You are right and the Z28 is still a work in progress, so we can expect even more performance and better performance numbers.

My only gripe is still with the tire to tire issue, I do agree that this Mark know tons and has huge experience in track tuning and set up. I'm sure, though, that with this experiece he will agree that these tires are what gave the current 3 sec gap. If some want to call it a glory lap, fine, that is what is was for the Z28. We just want a fair comparison if you are gonna compare.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #230
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
What's the big heartburn over comparing cars as they are delivered from the factory? Not a new concept.
Exactly. This is nothing new....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #231

Quote:

You are right and the Z28 is still a work in progress, so we can expect even more performance and better performance numbers.

My only gripe is still with the tire to tire issue, I do agree that this Mark know tons and has huge experience in track tuning and set up. I'm sure, though, that with this experiece he will agree that these tires are what gave the current 3 sec gap. If some want to call it a glory lap, fine, that is what is was for the Z28. We just want a fair comparison if you are gonna compare.
DITTO.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #232
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Worth repeating for those non-believers who continue to write thesis after thesis when all that is needed is a direct comparison using the same shoes on the same "test lap". Don't know why so many folks demean and degrade others for such a simple request. They call the ZL1 owners "jealous" etc etc....

Such childish playground talk. Comon GM if you are going to publish a 3 Second GAP..... show us the proof with the same tires in use. GM has the money to do this I am sure.

I may have to get Pu$$y Galore to be their driver however, just to make it a little more exciting to watch.
non-issue

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #233
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
So, inquiring minds would simply like to know how the ZL1 would fare on that same TEST LAP using the same tires. No other inferences. No other innuendo. No other assumptions.
non-issue

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #234
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:

The car's not done yet; it's a non-issue. (And my compliment was to Jim).

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #235
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post

Opinions = too many

Opinions supported with objective facts and analysis = way, way too few.
Your welcome, and I totally agree!

But based on the last few comments, it looks like all I got was

LOL.......

so I'll bow out for now. We'll know more later this year.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #236
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post

LOL.......
&
Old 05-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #237
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...z-28-a-117322/

Under the cutting weight section, it clearly states that the Z/28 Camaro will have the best power to weight ratio of any version of the Camaro.
Thank you for the follow-up. Intriguing comment in the article and said unambiguously. Let's see how things shake out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
That's not actually the press release it's a article written by a staff writer, It's more than likely a error..... I still hope it's right though.
Me too. Better source than a non-insider magazine article though eh? Not sure what to think may happen because I don't know the
team's track record like many of you do. They seem to provide some surprises so I remain open minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post

LOL.......

so I'll bow out for now. We'll know more later this year.
Yes, some folks are so intent on creating their own reality, it becomes useless to try and debate from an analytical perspective. The facts will come out and then we can all know what the reality will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
&
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #238
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Me too. Better source than a non-insider magazine article though eh?
True!