Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Drives: 2010 SS
Passport Invisicord Install Issues

I'm trying to hook up my Passport 9500ix with an invisicord to the rear view mirror with no fricken luck. I have a 1SS and the wire colors are different from the DIY's I've seen on here. I've even tried the red and black wires that someone mentioned on here......still no power. I phoned Southern Car Parts and they looked on some forums......still no luck. Has anyone done this successfully on a 1SS? If so which wires did you tap into? Thanks in advance
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
BUMBLE-B-TUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
Kinda interested in this too. There enough power on the mirror for the detector?
11TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Have you read through the DIY? > http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...tector+install
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
Cat988h

Drives: Rally yellow 2011 Camaro 1SSRS
Hey fellow islander, I followed the DIY on here when I installed mine and have not had any issues.
ATI Super Damper, Katech C5R Chain, Jannetty 470 Comp Cam, Comp Valve Springs, Mellings Oil Pump, Manley Push Rods, Comp Tringion Upgrade, Cold Air Inductions Intake, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w Cats, MBRP 3 Inch Exhaust, RX Catch Can, Eaton Tru Trac, 3.91 OEM, DSS Drive And Half Shafts, LPW Diff Cover,3 Inch Noweeds, Amsoil Z-Rod, Tuned by Jannetty Racing
Cat988h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
Cat988h

I also have a 1ss I am away from home right now or I would check mine to see the wire colors. Do you have a multimeter to test the cord it may be defective.
ATI Super Damper, Katech C5R Chain, Jannetty 470 Comp Cam, Comp Valve Springs, Mellings Oil Pump, Manley Push Rods, Comp Tringion Upgrade, Cold Air Inductions Intake, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w Cats, MBRP 3 Inch Exhaust, RX Catch Can, Eaton Tru Trac, 3.91 OEM, DSS Drive And Half Shafts, LPW Diff Cover,3 Inch Noweeds, Amsoil Z-Rod, Tuned by Jannetty Racing
Old 03-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Yup, already tried it, the colors are wrong. I even tried the black/black, yellow/red and it doesn't work.
JRE 470 RWHP Rough Idle Cam & Tune, Stainless Power LT Headers w/cats, Dynatech exhaust (no drone baby) CAI Intake, 4.10 Gears, JRE Posi Mod, JRE Billet Caps, LPW Diff Cover, Pfadt Diff Bushings, MGW Shifter, SJM Line-lock and bald tires.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #7
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat988h View Post
I also have a 1ss I am away from home right now or I would check mine to see the wire colors. Do you have a multimeter to test the cord it may be defective.
Hey there, I was thinking the cord may be defective. I don't have a multimeter but I might be able to get it checked out, thanks. If you get the chance to check the wire colors, let me know. I like your mods......very similar to mine
Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #8
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TexaSS View Post
Kinda interested in this too. There enough power on the mirror for the detector?
Yes there is, a lot of people have done this. Its supposed to be straight forward but not in my case, maybe a bum invisicord.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:11 PM   #9
Cat988h

Go to the fuse panel and stick the leads into a known power sorce and see if it works that will tell you if it's the cord
Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #10
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat988h View Post
Go to the fuse panel and stick the leads into a known power sorce and see if it works that will tell you if it's the cord
Good idea, I'll have to try it.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #11
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLE-B-TUNA View Post
Yup, already tried it, the colors are wrong. I even tried the black/black, yellow/red and it doesn't work.
There are replies in the DIY aside from the OP, which state different colored wires were used in different models.

Such as post 9: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...89&postcount=9
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:33 PM   #12
BUMBLE-B-TUNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
There are replies in the DIY aside from the OP, which state different colored wires were used in different models.

Such as post 9: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...89&postcount=9
I tried that combo as well. I'm thinking its the invisicord now.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #13
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Let me go check mine after my grilled cheese is done. I got my wires into mirror

Edit: ok grilled is done and delicious. I went tapped into the mirror side of the connector, and put red to red and black to black. Took a few pics dunno if they will help. I'm in nanaimo, so if you can't get it figured feel free to swing by to see mine and I can help, pretty handy sometimes.

Last edited by Caswell239; 03-26-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:07 AM   #14
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs

Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote