Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #29
tkrupinski
Hugger Orange

Drives: 2010 Hugger Orange 2SS/ RS YSI/4l80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
My car is awesome! I hope you're as happy with yours, tkrupinski!
All I can say is it is going to have some juice. I filled the tank before I dropped it off at IPS with some not so good fuel, Marathon 93/JUNK, Eric had to pull like 8 TO 10deg of timing and add a bunch of fuel and the thing still made alot of HP. They have to drain my tank and fill it with some good fuel and finish tuning tomorrow. I will post numbers tomorrow night.
tkrupinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #30
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrupinski View Post
All I can say is it is going to have some juice. I filled the tank before I dropped it off at IPS with some not so good fuel, Marathon 93/JUNK, Eric had to pull like 8 TO 10deg of timing and add a bunch of fuel and the thing still made alot of HP. They have to drain my tank and fill it with some good fuel and finish tuning tomorrow. I will post numbers tomorrow night.
In the big picture, making 504rwhp on such little timing and 10:1 a/f really isn't all that bad Just need to get this gas out, get some fresh 93 in it, and we will get the missing timing added and lean it out a bit and see what we get
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #31
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Wow. That's ashame. I didn't realize Marathon's 93 wasn't as good as others. I think I put Marathon 93 in mine last time.

Which stations do you prefer, Jeff? Maybe I can squeak out that other 4 rwhp I need to make 500.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #32
IPSjeff

Quote:
Wow. That's ashame. I didn't realize Marathon's 93 wasn't as good as others. I think I put Marathon 93 in mine last time.

Which stations do you prefer, Jeff? Maybe I can squeak out that other 4 rwhp I need to make 500.
It's not all Marathon's or even that specific one all the time -- just a bad tank of gas apparently. We couldn't get within 8 degrees of timing of what we have in your car in Todd's without it wanting to knock. We have people (Not Todd) that knowingly put 87-Octane in the car that come in to dyno and we see the same type of things. No big deal really, just need to get it out and put fresh 93 in and we should have it wrapped up quickly with better numbers today
Jeff
Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #33
tkrupinski
Hugger Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
It's not all Marathon's or even that specific one all the time -- just a bad tank of gas apparently. We couldn't get within 8 degrees of timing of what we have in your car in Todd's without it wanting to knock. We have people (Not Todd) that knowingly put 87-Octane in the car that come in to dyno and we see the same type of things. No big deal really, just need to get it out and put fresh 93 in and we should have it wrapped up quickly with better numbers today
Jeff
Jeff, did you find anybody to do the big suck job on my tank, if not I might know a couple of people who can.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #34
Darth_Emma

the big suck job!

Old 09-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #35
tkrupinski
Hugger Orange

Quote:
the big suck job!

Supposed to pick the car up tonight. Jeff im sure, will post the final dyno numbers.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
Darth_Emma

Mine is still there too. The engine cover I got from Roto Fab didn't fit, so IPS is fabricating a bracket to make it work. I'm excited to hear how you like your car. Did you get any video or pictures you can share?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #37
tkrupinski
Hugger Orange

Quote:
Mine is still there too. The engine cover I got from Roto Fab didn't fit, so IPS is fabricating a bracket to make it work. I'm excited to hear how you like your car. Did you get any video or pictures you can share?
I will try and post tonight.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #38
Darth_Emma

Have you heard if putting in fresh gas fixed your the timing problem?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #39
IPSjeff

Quote:
Have you heard if putting in fresh gas fixed your the timing problem?
We actually just filled it back up over lunch so not yet I was trying to time it to where we would be wrapping up on the dyno when Todd got here around 4:30 (So he could watch a few pulls) so we squeezed in a couple Corvettes in front of him today
Jeff
Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #40
tkrupinski
Hugger Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
We actually just filled it back up over lunch so not yet I was trying to time it to where we would be wrapping up on the dyno when Todd got here around 4:30 (So he could watch a few pulls) so we squeezed in a couple Corvettes in front of him today
Jeff
Well it made 531rwhp and 496ft tq on little over 8psi of boost. Man is it fun to drive and MPG is still the same as the stock engine on the hwy, cant beat that. I am sure Jeff at IPS will overlay all of the dyno charts tomorrow.

IPS did a fantastic job on all of the work, it runs great and the price, I do not think can be beat. Brandon, Jeff and Eric the tunner went above and beyond on my car and I am very greatfull to have done buisness with all of them. Take your ride to IPS if you want some serious HP.

http://www.youtube.com/user/willyp20 Check the link for all of the dyno pulls.

Last edited by tkrupinski; 09-15-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #41
Darth_Emma

Wow. Your car sounds great and your numbers are really good too! I told ya you'd be happy with IPS!

I must admit, I'm a bit jealous. My car is still there.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #42
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrupinski View Post
Well it made 531rwhp and 496ft tq on little over 8psi of boost. Man is it fun to drive and MPG is still the same as the stock engine on the hwy, cant beat that. I am sure Jeff at IPS will overlay all of the dyno charts tomorrow.

IPS did a fantastic job on all of the work, it runs great and the price, I do not think can be beat. Brandon, Jeff and Eric the tunner went above and beyond on my car and I am very greatfull to have done buisness with all of them. Take your ride to IPS if you want some serious HP.

http://www.youtube.com/user/willyp20 Check the link for all of the dyno pulls.
Nice result. You should have gotten the RS package on that car!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote