Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #15
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
I am from Lawton and know the Mt Scott area very well. There is a great place in Medicine Park that could accommodate us. It is called "The Old Plantation". They sit right on the river (just after the dam at Lake Lawtonka) just a mile or 2 east of Mt Scott. In fact, you have a great view of Mt Scott from there. We could start out meeting at Loves and then all travel to Old Plan... from there (about 10 min drive). Then cruise up the mountain and maybe through the rest of the wildlife refuge where you are sure to see some buffalo, longhorn, and other animals. There is plenty of open road and traffic is not bad. It should be very easy to keep in a group, unlike last week!

I would not mind contacting the OP if this is what the group wants to do. I promise, this would be a great place to meet.

Chris
Sounds like an excellent plan. You want to go ahead and contact them and see if they WILL reserve seating for us. Unlike the last place that said they would, they didnt. If we choose somewhere else, we can just cancel.

And from your other post, I agree, would be to much of a hassle for a large group to get on base. Crusing the wild life where the buffalo roam sounds better.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #16
Ramsey
Ramsey

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
Sounds like an excellent plan. You want to go ahead and contact them and see if they WILL reserve seating for us. Unlike the last place that said they would, they didnt. If we choose somewhere else, we can just cancel.

And from your other post, I agree, would be to much of a hassle for a large group to get on base. Crusing the wild life where the buffalo roam sounds better.
Yeah. Louie's. When I called, told 'em that there'd be 'round 50 of us. that we needed tables reserved. musta thought I was just Bee Essin' them...

Buffalo!
Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Yeah. Louie's. When I called, told 'em that there'd be 'round 50 of us. that we needed tables reserved. musta thought I was just Bee Essin' them...

Buffalo!
Speaking of Buffalo, I know Buffalo Wild Wings will reserve a large space for us. So we can keep that in mind next time we do an OKC meet. Buffalo Wild Wings in Moore (park behind in the large parking lot) then cruise to lake or wherever.

Didnt mean to get ahead - it just came to mind.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #18
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
Sorry I went MIA, all of this sounds great and I agree NO MORE LOUIE's I too called and said 40, I even said 40 when I went in to tell them we were there. . .what did we get, table for 20???? Seriously?? Like Ramsey said, I guess they thought I was exagerating, but seriously, if a you can't accomodate for the party. . .TELL THE PARTY, you may be losing potential busy, but the way they handled it, I know I won't be returning. . .I'll get off my soap box now. .

Anywho, this Old Plantation place sounds great, as long as they truely can seat ALL of us. Let me know how this works out.

Going back to my soapbox: For those who went without lunch last weekend let me apologize. I understand it was a majority of our new folks that got swept to the side and I feel TERRIBLE for that, we will make sure that this does NOT happen again. As Tracey said, "We are new at this, hopefully they understand."
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Foster they have relaxed some of those restrictions on post. Yes you can not speed but they do not hammer you for 1 mph. This was just a suggestion and since I am retires and work on post I may be able to talk to the MP,s to see about how they could facilitate such a big group. I just thought it would be good to cruise from Mt Scott to post that is all.

Be advised that the old Plantation is not open all the time nor when it is open it isnt for very long. They have some weird times now.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #20
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
I will make contact with them at some point this week. Trust me, we should not have the problems we did at Louis. I know you all tried hard but the bottom line was Louis was just too small a place. I will ask for an area large enough for 50.

Here is a link to the place and there are more links to Medicine Park. Check it out.

http://www.theoldplantationrestaurant.com/

I assume we are shooting for March 13?
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #21
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
Coop--I am not trying to shoot down your idea... really. All I am saying is that with the potential hassle and the difficulty staying in a group, I think our time (as a group) would be best spent out at the refuge. If people would rather do Ft. Sill, fine by me. I will say that just 3 weeks ago, I was going to church with my wife's family at New Post and I had to get searched. Most of the time I get checked in with my DL, logged on their clipboard, and sent on my way but it's not always the case.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #22
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
The Old Plantation is a great place, they have been there for years. I remember 25 years ago, Granny owned the place and did the cooking, and could she cook! She was in her 80s and worked nearly every day. The food was always fantastic. Medicine Park is very quaint and has some beautiful places for picture taking.

The refuge is a beautiful place, though I have to agree, it will be much prettier a few weeks or a month later. With the moisture we've had this winter, the spring in the refuge is going to be gorgeous, very colorful with wildflowers. I think it would be great going through the refuge, then coming back south to Cache on 115, and taking 62 east to Lawton. Give people around here a good look at a lot of Camaros!!
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
speed racer
Speed Racer

Drives: 2010 SuperCharged SS/RS
Oklahoma International Auto Show Question..MUST READ !!!

OK, guys.. As you all know my Wife and I put on the International Auto Show on OKC. It looks like we might be able to put all our Camaro's in the Auto show.They would all be parked together and all roped off, so nobody could touch them......

Would any of you be interested in that? The one thing is that all the cars would have to be left at the show from March 4th(thursday) through the 7th (Sunday).. All car owners pick up there cars on Sunday after the show.5-6 pm Now this is just a thought we had and it is not for sure, we haven't decided if it would be all 4 days or just have our group there for one day... This is a Big show with all the dealers, Etc... And of course, you would get free tickets for all 4 days.....

Please E-mail me at tobysauctions@cox.net if this is something that you might be interested in doing... More news to come.
Maybe Bad news, or maybe good new. we just had to see if it would interest any of you first.....LOL See ya
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #24
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
OK, guys.. As you all know my Wife and I put on the International Auto Show on OKC. It looks like we might be able to put all our Camaro's in the Auto show.They would all be parked together and all roped off, so nobody could touch them......

Would any of you be interested in that? The one thing is that all the cars would have to be left at the show from March 4th(thursday) through the 7th (Sunday).. All car owners pick up there cars on Sunday after the show.5-6 pm Now this is just a thought we had and it is not for sure, we haven't decided if it would be all 4 days or just have our group there for one day... This is a Big show with all the dealers, Etc... And of course, you would get free tickets for all 4 days.....

Please E-mail me at tobysauctions@cox.net if this is something that you might be interested in doing... More news to come.
Maybe Bad news, or maybe good new. we just had to see if it would interest any of you first.....LOL See ya
I could be interested. If you need someone give me a call. Where is the show at?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #25
bng804

Drives: '10 Victory Red 2LT
I might be interested as well if I can have my car ready by then...
bng804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #26
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
BOOMER.....
Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #27
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
SOONER!!!!!

sorry I couldn't resist.
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #28
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
The Old Plantation's web site looks a little out dated...like they are closed or haven't had any events sense 2008.
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote