Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #29
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Mustangs sell because the average Wal Mart shopper buys a car just for the name.

Regardless I'm ready for Chevy to bring out a lighter, smaller sleeker Camaro. I think the current body design is great but it's so freakin big. Chop a few inches off the body and it's a hot piece of ass.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #30
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Well I hope the Camaro continues its sales with the 2014 , I think like one guy said, the average guy wont even know the difference
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
My prediction: once it's out, the new 2014 will help accelerate sales of the 2013's sitting on dealer's lots. The gradual downward sales trend will continue after the temporary sales lift of the 2013's caused by the 2014. The Stingray will cannibalize some of the Camaro sales. The Z/28 will be very high profile and help generate interest in the 6th gen but it won't sell in enough volume to help stop the downward sales trend. The 6th gen could be a big game changer IF and this is a big IF, they come up with a great body style. They also need to seriously improve the interior; keep it retro-ish inspired but make it more high-performance looking.
I am not sure I agree. I personally prefer the styling on the 2013's when it comes to the rear, but like the 2014 front end restyle. I think the 2014 restyle will attract a new market of customers. I think anyone who wanted the 2010-2013 style has pretty much bought one.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #32
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Any other interesting predictions???

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
The new Stingray is going to be a huge hit. It's going to pull in customers that were never Corvette customers before. In fact it's going to enjoy a similar sales ride like the 5th gen Camaro did.

The Corvette group will learn from the results of the 2014 Camaro refresh and not make that mistake with their refresh of the Stingray. GM will learn from it too and take particular note of the outstanding success in racing of the Z/28 and consider re-issuing a Z28 to capture that glory in sales on the street. There'll be serious talk of putting Mark Stielow in charge of the 6th gen Camaros and move up the release to recover from the softer-than-expected sales of the 2014.

In defiance of Obamacare and the damage it's doing to the economy, Twinkies will be reborn and experience a revival. Many well-known fast food burger drive throughs will see a surprising and unexpected softening of sales, but pizza will defy all economic conditions and fly in the face of political correctness to continue to power Americans everywhere. The burger industry will try and adapt by coming out with pizza burgers. Recognizing what a threat the pizza trend is, the government will mandate that pizza meet new health and safety requirements. As a result of meeting the new mandates, the cost of pizza will rise and that will be the final straw that causes a vast political upheaval.

A third political party will rise to power that's never been in power before; much to the dismay of the Democrats and Republicans who'll start having secret discussions about it and get busted meeting together in a warehouse in Cleveland with Pizza, Twinkies and unconscionable amounts of soft drinks. This will be exposed on the internet by video taken with a GoPro camera attached to a rogue drone. With Twinkie stains on their shirts and pizza sauce on their faces, Democrats and Republicans will demand an apology from GoPro and launch an investigation into the drone.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
The new Stingray is going to be a huge hit. It's going to pull in customers that were never Corvette customers before. In fact it's going to enjoy a similar sales ride like the 5th gen Camaro did.

The Corvette group will learn from the results of the 2014 Camaro refresh and not make that mistake with their refresh of the Stingray. GM will learn from it too and take particular note of the outstanding success in racing of the Z/28 and consider re-issuing a Z28 to capture that glory in sales on the street. There'll be serious talk of putting Mark Stielow in charge of the 6th gen Camaros and move up the release to recover from the softer-than-expected sales of the 2014.

In defiance of Obamacare and the damage it's doing to the economy, Twinkies will be reborn and experience a revival. Many well-known fast food burger drive throughs will see a surprising and unexpected softening of sales, but pizza will defy all economic conditions and fly in the face of political correctness to continue to power Americans everywhere. The burger industry will try and adapt by coming out with pizza burgers. Recognizing what a threat the pizza trend is, the government will mandate that pizza meet new health and safety requirements. As a result of meeting the new mandates, the cost of pizza will rise and that will be the final straw that causes a vast political upheaval.

A third political party will rise to power that's never been in power before; much to the dismay of the Democrats and Republicans who'll start having secret discussions about it and get busted meeting together in a warehouse in Cleveland with Pizza, Twinkies and unconscionable amounts of soft drinks. This will be exposed on the internet by video taken with a GoPro camera attached to a rogue drone. With Twinkie stains on their shirts and pizza sauce on their faces, Democrats and Republicans will demand an apology from GoPro and launch an investigation into the drone.
Wow!

What........... A............ Prediction .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #34
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:

Lol talk about a change of direction. I was with you 100% up until the second paragraph then i spit out some beer and had a good laugh thanks I needed that....
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #35
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Wow!

What........... A............ Prediction .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Careful what you ask for... right?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #36
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
There'll be serious talk of putting Mark Stielow in charge of the 6th gen Camaros and move up the release to recover from the softer-than-expected sales of the 2014.
Funny to see Mark mentioned on here - I just met with him yesterday to deliver a "Best of Show" trophy to him after his "Jackass" 1969 Camaro with an LS9 won said trophy at a car show last week. Very nice guy!

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #37
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
Mustangs sell because the average Wal Mart shopper buys a car just for the name.
Same can be said for the Camaro.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #38

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Funny to see Mark mentioned on here - I just met with him yesterday to deliver a "Best of Show" trophy to him after his "Jackass" 1969 Camaro with an LS9 won said trophy at a car show last week. Very nice guy!
What???...lol...Thought he was still at Nurburgring testing the Z/28...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #39
blahzay

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
OR, they dropped because people are waiting for the 14's?
Exactly. Im in that "waiting" group.
blahzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #40
union894

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 8A
I love all 3 of the pony cars and I hope they all not only survive, but thrive, they are who we are.
union894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #41
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
What???...lol...Thought he was still at Nurburgring testing the Z/28...lol...
Not this week, at least.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #42
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Him entering a car show would be like Lebron James playing basketball with pre-schoolers.