Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #785
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
Thanks Don,

Yeah, this is my second vehicle from Dave Smith. Got my Cummins last year.

I know Mark, Mike and Jeff quite well. Love their work. They built my stroker LT1 for my Impala SS. Very powerfull and well built motor. I will be getting my tune(when I get one) there, and have already asked around about the kit you have. I love to check out your ride. Do you live in the Springs, or MT?

Mav
MadMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #786
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMav View Post
Thanks Don,

Yeah, this is my second vehicle from Dave Smith. Got my Cummins last year.

I know Mark, Mike and Jeff quite well. Love their work. They built my stroker LT1 for my Impala SS. Very powerfull and well built motor. I will be getting my tune(when I get one) there, and have already asked around about the kit you have. I love to check out your ride. Do you live in the Springs, or MT?

Mav
I am in Yuma, AZ visiting my Mom. Going to hit the track also, in
Phoenix. I'll be coming back through the Springs on around the 6th of
Dec. I'll let you know with a PM.
Don
Old 11-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #787
mtcwby

Fastlane Pipeline CAI for Sale

I'm selling My Fastlane Pipeline CAI for $400. It was only on the car for 10 days. They had just sent me a new one to replace the original that was more of a prototype, since I got one of their first units. The new one has a carbon fiber like appearance. Smooth with no exposed welds. A lot cleaner than the original one. They also upgraded the washer fluid bottle to work better. It costs $470 + shipping new and another $30 for the filter sock that is waterproof, so water can't get sucked up and virtually eliminates filter cleaning. This is a dry washable element that you don't oil, so it won't get oil residue on the MAF causing bad readings. So, I have $545 into this system. It is used 10 days, and I want $400 for it. That's a good deal. Remember it had the best gains (15.9 HP) in Jannetty Racing's independent tests. When we had the Dyno Day in Longmont, I was the only car that didn't have to wait for the intake air temps to drop before the next runs. The intake air temps stayed at ambient all the time. While everyone elses temps climbed up 15+ degrees over ambient after each run. Also if you someday plan on a TVS2300 style Supercharger upgrade, this intake will still work. And I'll even install it for you, since I have gotten good at it. Here's some pics. Anyone interested let me know.........Don
Name:  Hot Rods and Hockey 11-09 003.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  Hot Rods and Hockey 11-09 005.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  66.9 KB

Last edited by mtcwby; 11-20-2009 at 09:40 PM.
mtcwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #788
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
The roadrunners weren't out at 20 degrees! And I hope I never find out
about red and blue making purple, but that's an interesting question!!!

Now my high speed experimenting days are over except at the track.
If the track was long enough to do 186, I wouldn't have done it this time.
But, I just had to know if we could bury the speedo in these cars.
And the answer is YES!! Now I'll just keep it under 90 and keep my license and low insurance rates, and look forward to track days. By the way, Yuma, AZ is at 100 ft. I got on it to get around a car yesterday evening
and the car started missing badly. So I got mad at my tuner, thinking something was amiss. I called him and told him what I did. He says to turn off the TC and try it again. I did. Problem solved. There is 28% more power here, so I didn't realize that my tires were spinning that much(55mph in third gear) and cutting the engine power to stop it. He said with the Vortech on my car it makes it ten times more noticeable when the TC and Stabilitrac
kick on. Now I make it habit to shut off the TC.
A Viper came up behind me on the beltway in Phoenix yesterday afternoon,
he pulled along side and reved his engine at about 60 mph. I dropped to
3rd gear and left him eating my tire smoke. He pulled back alongside and
gave me the thumbs up, he was impressed! This thing is now definitely
a snake eater. Cobras and Vipers can't touch this Camaro!!

Wow..next on your list: a rollcage and a helmet..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #789
MadMav

Don, I would love to have that intake, but I don't want a tune just yet, and I thought the test said a tune was needed to make it more driveable.

Tom, What's wrong with the shifter? How much?

Mav
Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #790
mtcwby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMav View Post
Don, I would love to have that intake, but I don't want a tune just yet, and I thought the test said a tune was needed to make it more driveable.

Tom, What's wrong with the shifter? How much?

Mav
I drove with the intake on my car for over a month before I got a tune with no adverse effects or thrown codes.
Tom wants $300 for the shifter, he just doesn't like it and is going to get a different brand. I really like the Hurst in my car. You can see it and feel it if we get together when I get back. My CAI is at RMCR right now.
Also if you get the Hurst, I can help you put it in, I did mine in under 2 hrs.
Here's some pics of my Hurst....

Name:  Hurst shifter 004.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  Hurst shifter 006.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  49.9 KB

Name:  Hurst shifter 007.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  57.2 KB
Old 11-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #791
MadMav

That would be nice. I'll think about it, and maybe check everything out when we get to meet. I think I get back into town on the 6th, so maybe we can meet sometime that week.

Mav
Old 11-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #792
MadMav

I'm sorry, but how did you not like it if you never installed it? Don let you try his? I'm interested. Where in Colorado you live? Thanks,

Mav
Old 11-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #793
Suds

Drives: 2LT (on order)
Hey Colorado folks. My TPW is 11/23/09. Just curious how long it took some of the other Colorado owners for delivery by rail from factory to dealer? I'm figuring some time in December but am just curious if anyone else monitored their delivery time closely and has some info to share. I did order rally stripes in case that matters in the delivery time. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Suds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #794
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
I think you are looking at two or three weeks from built to delivery at best. The last leg of the journey is the hardest. Good luck.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #795
hamidar05

Drives: 10 Camaro/69 Bronco/08 Mazda3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
Hey Colorado folks. My TPW is 11/23/09. Just curious how long it took some of the other Colorado owners for delivery by rail from factory to dealer? I'm figuring some time in December but am just curious if anyone else monitored their delivery time closely and has some info to share. I did order rally stripes in case that matters in the delivery time. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Mine is below
VIN# 34612
Bitchin Camaro - Dead Milkmen - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/8092
Thank You Oshawa - Domo arigato Mr. Roboto
~1600 mi so far - 07/18/10
hamidar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #796
MadMav

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
No I installed it but had it remain stock,so the chrome lever and white ball was never install,sorry for the confusion. I'm in Longmont
Gotcha. When you sell it, do all parts come with? Thanks,

Mav
Old 11-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #797
mtcwby

Greetings from down south

Hi everyone, I'm enjoying the extended "Camaro Season" down here in AZ an SoCal. It's been in the 70's and low eighties. I spent the day(Sunday) in San Diego. I was fortunate enough to be invited to Quallcomm Stadium by the SoCal Camaro5 members for a car show this morning. Then around noon we headed to Jimmy Johnson's Chevrolet
to a bbq and to watch the final Nascar Sprint Cup race on their big screens. We watched Jimmy Johnson #48 win his 4th straight Championship. Kind of cool watching it from his own chevy dealership. I won a couple of nice door prizes, also! Here's a link to the story with pics:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52768
Old 11-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #798
MadMav

I'm jealous. It's 19 degrees here in Utah today and the roads are covered in snow and ice. Still drove the SS to work though.

Mav

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro