Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #43
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Mold and mildew are nothing to mess with and judging by the time the water was puddled in the car and the extreme Summer heat, your car was essentially a greenhouse, thus elevating the growth of it. Properties can be quarantined over mold and mildew because it causes people to get very, very sick. Your car has been in and out of the dealer time and time again and now they have allowed it to sit outside and this happens? Habitual problems with the car that require dealer visits+mold and mildew growth because of the complacency of the dealer=new car. Something has to be done here, it's not your fault.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #44
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Since I work in Infection Prevention and Control in Healthcare, trust me when I say the only way to get rid of mold is to REMOVE it. Mold only needs food, damp environment and right temperateure to grow and expand. Youre food source would be the seats, top, carpet etc. Plastic, Metal parts would need to be totally cleaned with Bleach. Bleach and a few other Hospital grade chemicals are the only chemicals that will kill mold. Even bleach will not kill all types of mold spores. If you have anyone in family with respiratory problems etc. They would never be able to ride in that car. Basically what I'm saying is the car is a health risk unless it has been completely tore down and cleaned and the FOOD sources have been replaced.
The GM rep told me they have experts that can certify the car as safe. THIS is what I am getting. BTW the wet carpet is still in the car.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #45
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
The GM rep told me they have experts that can certify the car as safe. THIS is what I am getting. BTW the wet carpet is still in the car.

Unless that car has been totally tore down ( and I mean totally ) on the inside and cleaned with the proper chemicals to kill mold ( and not no damn walmart clorox bleach wipes) it will fail a proper health inspection. They could tear out all seats ,carpet and top and replace , but if they fail to clean any of the underlying things that come into contact with those items the mold will grow and expand. This I promise you. We deal with All sorts of diff mold in healthcare. When there is a leak of some sort we must contain the area immediately and we have up to 48 hours to have any and everything effected ripped out or properly cleaned. Drywall, and cieling tiles are the worst. Carpet can be dried if done properly and even then is measured with a moisture meter. In youre case the water has sat too long. It must be replaced.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #46
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Know any lawyers? If not, maybe you should find one that'll give you a free consultation.

IMO, your beef is with the dealer rather than GM, and (IMO) they owe you a new car...

Your dealer has no fear of the BBB... They are much more likely to respond to the threat of lawsuit. Ask your insurance agent how they handle flooded car claims... I'm sure they would total the car. In fact, if you put in a claim with your insurance company they might even initiate a negligence suit against the dealer.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #47
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
I was contacted yesterday by GM after a BBB claim and basically they stand behind their cars not their dealers. The GM rep says from what he sees a buyback is not in order. Car has been to dealer at least ten times for about 45 days and counting. They still have to replace the water managmnet system and the carpet and whatever else having a moldy car requires.
Hi Tram:

Man, I am so sorry about this latest debacle! I have seen your many, many posts on your "vert" on the other forum page, and I am in your corner.

The dealer really dropped the ball on this one. They may be able to put in an insurance claim and be able to get you into a new car. Of course what the insurance will give you to what you have into it are two different things.

Maybe it would be worth it to "buy an hour" of a lawyer's time that specializes in consumer issues and see what he/she says.

You may want a new car, this one is taking years off your life!

Best of luck man.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #48
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
bummer.! :(
Old 08-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #49
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Hi Tram:

Man, I am so sorry about this latest debacle! I have seen your many, many posts on your "vert" on the other forum page, and I am in your corner.

The dealer really dropped the ball on this one. They may be able to put in an insurance claim and be able to get you into a new car. Of course what the insurance will give you to what you have into it are two different things.

Maybe it would be worth it to "buy an hour" of a lawyer's time that specializes in consumer issues and see what he/she says.

You may want a new car, this one is taking years off your life!

Best of luck man.
Thanks. I really just want to be done with it. This is a 50 thousand dollar camaro, before mods! The second one I bought in a year.... upgraded from a LLT Vert. I am goin to give GM a shot. I am going to see how and if they get the car back to me. So far GM has bought back a BUNCH of brought back Verts. I am pretty sure that just with my number of warranty issues alone it is a GM problem. A failed water management bag post new top install is the REAL issue. The idiot move by the dealer is just extra heartache.

Question will GM make the dealership buy the new carpet?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #50
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
The dealer's insurance is going to be on the hook for the water damage, they didn't take appropriate action by not sheltering it with a known leak issue.

One person here had a good idea, call your insurance and let them talk to the dealer's insurance. Those folks speak the same language, let them hash it out.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #51
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
If they paid you out would you buy another vert
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #52
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantconvertible View Post
If they paid you out would you buy another vert
A Camaro Vert? Man this is a hard question. The quality of these cars are really good. I have been so caught up in my own issues that I am not sure if the quality of the tops and the mechs have improved.

I have never driven or even ridden in a Camaro coupe.

I don't know. But I'd love to have THAT problem.

If it was not another Vert it would be a 1LE. I will drive a CAMARO.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #53
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
A Camaro Vert? Man this is a hard question. The quality of these cars are really good. I have been so caught up in my own issues that I am not sure if the quality of the tops and the mechs have improved.

Having owned both a coupe and convertible I would take the convertible 2 to 1 over the coupe. The coupe is nice but even with the top up, to me the convertible feels less closed in. I am pretty sure the late 12's and the 13's have the top problems solved, so if you love the convertible and switch to a coupe you may wish you had gotten another convertible.
But that is my opinion.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #54
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Not sure but might not. For sure would not get an auto.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #55
Wantconvertible

Quote:

Good luck and keep us up to date
Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #56
Wantconvertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Having owned both a coupe and convertible I would take the convertible 2 to 1 over the coupe. The coupe is nice but even with the top up, to me the convertible feels less closed in. I am pretty sure the late 12's and the 13's have the top problems solved, so if you love the convertible and switch to a coupe you may wish you had gotten another convertible.
But that is my opinion.
I go thru this in my head off and on ,rather i should get the coupe and get rid of the vert ,I'm going to keep my vert
plus I have the best color ever made
Attached Images

Tags
mold water corrosion