Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429 View Post
You really need DA fronts for drag. SAs are asking for issues.
Thanks for the tip, glad I chose to go with these now!!! Just wish I could find the time to install them!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #16
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I recently bought and installed the BMR Drag Race Package (DRP007) for my rear suspension, which requires the use of much shorter rear shocks. So, I now have Strange Engineering double-adjustable coilovers in the rear, and wanted double-adjustables on the front too. Had to sell my Pfadt coilovers as a complete set since it would probably be difficult to sell just the rears. Kinda wish I could have kept the fronts, but at least now I have double-adjustable capability on all four corners.
Ah I see. Thanks for the response.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
blazzin1

Just FYI.....I did get these QA1's installed last weekend on my car. No issues on installation, fitment was perfect. Very satisfied with everything so far. The ride is very firm. I have the compression set fairly high, and rebound pretty low. The only thing I would say is if you're looking to "slam" your car (a.k.a. lower aggressively), these may not be for you. They will lower the car down a little bit lower than stock....maybe an inch or so max, but that's about it. More than that, and I think it would start to affect the useful travel length of the shock itself. Other than that, I am VERY pleased with my purchase.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
It is nice to know that there is another good option for front drag struts for the fifth gen Camaros. We can get these QA1 front struts for anyone interested in them.

Kyle

Last edited by BMR Sales; 06-24-2013 at 04:18 PM.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #19
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
It is nice to know that there is another good option for front drag struts for the fifth gen Camaros. We can get these QA1 front struts for anyone interested in them.

Kyle
Well Hell, if I would have known that, I probably would have bought them through you guys!!! Oh well, you guys have already received a rather LARGE portion of my income!!! I should just start making a monthly allotment direct from my paycheck!!!! More to come I'm sure!!!

But yes, these are a GREAT option for street/strip!!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Well Hell, if I would have known that, I probably would have bought them through you guys!!! Oh well, you guys have already received a rather LARGE portion of my income!!! I should just start making a monthly allotment direct from my paycheck!!!! More to come I'm sure!!!

But yes, these are a GREAT option for street/strip!!!!
I am trying to get our IT guy to put both these QA1 struts and the Strange struts up on our website so everyone knows we can get them. I know you would have bought them through us if you would have known but you are a loyal BMR customer anyways and we appreciate that. You are never done buying parts and modding these cars, it is a nasty sickness that is not curable.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #21
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Do you see the QA1's a a drag specific coilover or should it be also considered a good option for those of us that need something that works at the autocross, road course as well as the drag strip?
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #22
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
Do you see the QA1's a a drag specific coilover or should it be also considered a good option for those of us that need something that works at the autocross, road course as well as the drag strip?
In my opinion, a coilover is a coilover. Yes, some brands are better than others. But regardless if it is for drag racing or autocross, they both accomplish the same function in the suspension. And because these are double-adjustable, you should be able to adjust them for either purpose. Drag racing uses a high compression and low rebound. Autocross uses a semi-high compression and rebound. However, as I stated before, these don't really allow for a completely "slammed" look. If you're happy with your stance at stock height or maybe just a little lower, then I'd say these would work very nicely for your needs.

Last edited by blazzin1; 06-25-2013 at 04:28 PM.