Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #1
homero89

Drives: 1LS
Why is there a need for this?

So today driving home from work I saw a red hot camaro that looked similar to mine, except it had white stripes and the SS badge. I was following it because it was going in the same general direction as me, the whole time i was thinking damn the power on that must be amazing, but when i pull off to my turn i can see it had the same rims as mine (LS). So its either an LS or 1LT. Wish I could've gotten a picture of the badge, and rims, but traffic was ridiculous, and didnt want to do anything too unsafe. I don't get it, its obviously not an SS because of the rims, so why badge it as one?
Old 07-31-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
It would be fun if we could find someone on this forum willing to defend their choice of placing the wrong emblems on their car....but we won't, so everyone is just gonna call "poser"
Old 07-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
I'd like to do the reverse...put an un slotted front bumper on my ss....not a fan of the mail slot...not a fan of the zl1 bumper either....
Old 07-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
hall92
AlyssaSTORM

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I wouldn't ever put SS badges on my car, However I will admit I am putting on the ZL1 Spoiler, Side rockers and Front bumper. Now I'm expecting to get called out on it but in my honest opinion I like the aggressive look the ZL1 has but there is no way I could ever afford a car like that. So I'll do what I can afford. But as far as the badges go, they don't add much appearance to the vehicle so do not have any clue why they would do that.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sadly I know of 2 cars like this in a local club... V6's with SS badges... I just don't get it personally.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I run no badges on the front, haven't messed with the rear yet.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by homero89 View Post
So today driving home from work I saw a red hot camaro that looked similar to mine, except it had white stripes and the SS badge. I was following it because it was going in the same general direction as me, the whole time i was thinking damn the power on that must be amazing, but when i pull off to my turn i can see it had the same rims as mine (LS). So its either an LS or 1LT. Wish I could've gotten a picture of the badge, and rims, but traffic was ridiculous, and didnt want to do anything too unsafe. I don't get it, its obviously not an SS because of the rims, so why badge it as one?
There's something about fake badges on a car. Earlier in the week I saw a "Z26." Some all black Camaro with huge chrome rims, a "Z26" badge on the rear where "Z2/8" would be and "Z26" painted in huge white letters across the door. I'm not sure what that's supposed to prove. It was a done-up LT.

I must contest your comment on power. SS's are not fast. If you've never driven one, I think you'd be surprised how slowly 430 horses can push you when you weigh 4,000 pounds. They are awesome cars for a lot of reasons, but not the power!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
BowtieOrDie

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall92 View Post
I wouldn't ever put SS badges on my car, However I will admit I am putting on the ZL1 Spoiler, Side rockers and Front bumper. Now I'm expecting to get called out on it but in my honest opinion I like the aggressive look the ZL1 has but there is no way I could ever afford a car like that. So I'll do what I can afford. But as far as the badges go, they don't add much appearance to the vehicle so do not have any clue why they would do that.
I'd say its perfectly fine to add anything you want from a ZL1, like spoiler, rims, side rockers, front/rear bumper. As long as you don't call it a ZL1 or put the ZL1 emblems on there lol.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #9
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieOrDie View Post
I'd say its perfectly fine to add anything you want from a ZL1, like spoiler, rims, side rockers, front/rear bumper. As long as you don't call it a ZL1 or put the ZL1 emblems on there lol.
Here, here

Personally, I've yet to find a hood I like better than the stock ZL1 hood with the carbon fiber insert, and I've yet to find rims I like better than gloss black ZL1 wheels. I would love to add those things to my car, but the ZL1 badge would never make an appearance!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
homero89

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
It would be fun if we could find someone on this forum willing to defend their choice of placing the wrong emblems on their car....but we won't, so everyone is just gonna call "poser"
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
I'd like to do the reverse...put an un slotted front bumper on my ss....not a fan of the mail slot...not a fan of the zl1 bumper either....
If you had a 14 rs or ss, I would so trade with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall92 View Post
Actually I think that's fine, because they add to the appearance to you car. Not going to lie, i would like a non-LS style front bumper and ZL1 spoiler, as well as the ZL1 rims, but I would never badge it as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
There's something about fake badges on a car. Earlier in the week I saw a "Z26." Some all black Camaro with huge chrome rims, a "Z26" badge on the rear where "Z2/8" would be and "Z26" painted in huge white letters across the door. I'm not sure what that's supposed to prove. It was a done-up LT.

I must contest your comment on power. SS's are not fast. If you've never driven one, I think you'd be surprised how slowly 430 horses can push you when you weigh 4,000 pounds. They are awesome cars for a lot of reasons, but not the power!
Really? I know my car isn't extremely fast but I'm happy with the pickup on it, and its faster than like 95% of the cars out there. I would've thought the SS would be that much faster. Guess I'll have to push for the ZL1 next then.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 PM   #11
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Quote:
but when i pull off to my turn i can see it had the same rims as mine (LS). So its either an LS or 1LT. Wish I could've gotten a picture of the badge, and rims, but traffic was ridiculous, and didnt want to do anything too unsafe. I don't get it, its obviously not an SS because of the rims, so why badge it as one?
Maybe he put LS rims on for some reason.

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob
Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
What if he is just running a cheap second set of rims and using the others for the track or something?

I'm thinking about getting some myself for the winter...
Old 07-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #13
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Really? I know my car isn't extremely fast but I'm happy with the pickup on it, and its faster than like 95% of the cars out there. I would've thought the SS would be that much faster. Guess I'll have to push for the ZL1 next then.
These things are slower in a straight line than 4th gens. They have 90 more horsepower and can't get out of their own way. They're nicer in every single way and built with much more quality, but straight line speed isn't there. It's really the only thing I don't like about the car - it's a dog.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #14
homero89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfinkharley View Post
Maybe he put LS rims on for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBandit911 View Post
What if he is just running a cheap second set of rims and using the others for the track or something?

I'm thinking about getting some myself for the winter...
I thought 18's don't fit the brakes on an SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
These things are slower in a straight line than 4th gens. They have 90 more horsepower and can't get out of their own way. They're nicer in every single way and built with much more quality, but straight line speed isn't there. It's really the only thing I don't like about the car - it's a dog.
lol

Closed Thread