Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by atintpro View Post
Hey dumbass, did your mom teach you anything? If you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut!! Talking crap about somebody you know nothing about! My tuner is quite smart and tunes some bad ass shit!! Perhaps you should post some more to make yourself look like you know something...wannabe!!!

Supercharged has invested a great amount of money into his car and has a very good technical background.

Fairly his point, and you did not answer it, you can not create more boost by tuning the car but rather changing the pulleys. If you did this, no biggie a lot o ZL1 owners are.

He was merely asking you questions and you did not answer him...
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Supercharged has invested a great amount of money into his car and has a very good technical background.

Fairly his point, and you did not answer it, you can not create more boost by tuning the car but rather changing the pulleys. If you did this, no biggie a lot o ZL1 owners are.

He was merely asking you questions and you did not answer him...
X2
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #17
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Quote:
Hey dumbass, did your mom teach you anything? If you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut!! Talking crap about somebody you know nothing about! My tuner is quite smart and tunes some bad ass shit!! Perhaps you should post some more to make yourself look like you know something...wannabe!!!
You're an idiot. Do everyone on the forum a favor and stick a shotgun in your mouth. Superchargedss has a full weight car that runs 9's on stock displacement, suspension and for the most part drivetrain. Something I'm pretty sure your car will never do.

So quit acting like you're all big and bad because you drive a ZL1 thats slower then most peoples SS's on this forum. You are just making yourself look like a moron.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #18
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Seems like someone didn't get his nap today.....
Old 09-18-2012, 05:02 AM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm just making sure the OP isn't being given a bunch of false info.
happens all the time (just looking out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Seems like someone didn't get his nap today.....
That happens too...
Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
gonabite

Drives: 2016 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm adding meth tonight. Looking forward to trapping 150 mph+!!

73 rwhp on tune alone is false.

A lot of things look fishy.

The tuner hasn't a clue. Above the meth chart he states the the weather was 20 degrees hotter than the stock N/A tune. Wow
I for one can tell you that I believe his results they are not far fetched by any means.

I added meth to my ZR1 and the car picked up 100 HP and 125 TQ at 4000 rpm properly tuned of course.
gonabite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Back from the track....had a bit of a problem with a kinked hose and a leaky fitting. All in all for the system not working right it still worked in a way. She did not run what I though she should (thus the investigation into the problem) but ran better than ever and in the heat. I video'd the runs to figure out some more. The 60' was still off, now that I have it hooked up I need to preload the suspension a bit better and leave with a bit more RPM. Still ran 119 mph in the heat...would have been 114 in the same temps before.

I have since rerouted some of my lines and have no more leaks or tight bends. Full pressure for me now! Back to the track Saturday for our super shifter race. I think I have the bugs worked out now, going for that 11 second pass right out of the box!

As a side note...if you purchase the SNOW PERFORMANCE system you are going to need some help. The instrucions are absolutly worthless...I have already been through the headaches with them...the tech could not even answer my questions? With that said, I do know that you can get it to work and I do know how...now. So, more than happy to help.
Would you be able to post the slip from this pass?

Any chance you logged the run and can share that info?

Thanks.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Simple Facts

ZL-1 Stock make 465 RWHP with an Auto in the Heat at 8 PSI boost.

No ZL-1 comes with 13 PSI boost and Makes 465 RWHP

Change Pulleys to get 13 PSI boost, Tune accordingly and you get 565 RWHP give or take 5 RWHP.

Water Meth Puts the Fire out you must add timing and Lean out Fueling to gain power BACK Plus a few ponies.

Pump Fails Engine Fails

Cars with Intercoolers do not Benefit from Water Meth as well as cars with superchargers and No intercooler system.

Race Gas or Torco is a safer more consistent alternative.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #23
gonabite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Simple Facts

ZL-1 Stock make 465 RWHP with an Auto in the Heat at 8 PSI boost.

No ZL-1 comes with 13 PSI boost and Makes 465 RWHP

Change Pulleys to get 13 PSI boost, Tune accordingly and you get 565 RWHP give or take 5 RWHP.

Water Meth Puts the Fire out you must add timing and Lean out Fueling to gain power BACK Plus a few ponies.

Pump Fails Engine Fails

Cars with Intercoolers do not Benefit from Water Meth as well as cars with superchargers and No intercooler system.

Race Gas or Torco is a safer more consistent alternative.

Ted.
Dont use water/meth. Use Meth only.

Meth builds the fire, lean the car out accordingly add timing make more power, buy a quality meth kit that can run meth only and has a quality pump. Replace the pump every season or two depending on driving as regular maintenance and precautionary measures.

Add race gas to this combo and make some more power.

I kind of get tired of hearing if the pump stops working the engine fails. How many other things can stop working and cause possible engine failures? Oil pump, fuel pump, valve retainers, and on and on and on.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonabite View Post
Dont use water/meth. Use Meth only.

Meth builds the fire, lean the car out accordingly add timing make more power, buy a quality meth kit that can run meth only and has a quality pump. Replace the pump every season or two depending on driving as regular maintenance and precautionary measures.

Add race gas to this combo and make some more power.

I kind of get tired of hearing if the pump stops working the engine fails. How many other things can stop working and cause possible engine failures? Oil pump, fuel pump, valve retainers, and on and on and on.
If your Tired you should take a Nap.

This is a reality whether your tired or not.

Ted.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #25
gonabite

Quote:
If your Tired you should take a Nap.

This is a reality whether your tired or not.

Ted.
Its actually that time of day and very rainy here in the Northeast. Anything can fail and cause engine failure Ted. You know this. That shouldn't be a reason to deter people from tuning the car for methanol. S**t happens sometimes.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonabite View Post
Its actually that time of day and very rainy here in the Northeast. Anything can fail and cause engine failure Ted. You know this. That shouldn't be a reason to deter people from tuning the car for methanol. S**t happens sometimes.
Not my intention to deter, but to educate and let people make they're own decisions.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Not my intention to deter, but to educate and let people make they're own decisions.
But they seem to never learn now do they....
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #28
gonabite

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
But they seem to never learn now do they....
Well let me put it this way I have run methanol on every single one of my forced induction cars over the past 16 years without one pump failure or blown engine.

So what should I be learning?

Maybe GM should have stopped building the Z06 LS7 because of a few dropped valves and blown engines?

Ignorance is bliss I guess.