Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerdenton View Post
Im at 10,040 kms (6238miles) and my whole camaros pretty well finished I took it in to the dealer with a knocking in the bottom end and they replaced the lifters...still there ..i took it back the same day..so they completely rebuild the bottom end so now 2 weeks later (dealer still has it) I get a phone call yesterday... your clutch is gone you need a new one and its not warranted $1700+ tax. apparently I drop the clutch and have burnt it out... ive been driving standard vehicles since i was 6 and im a farm kid that drives superbee semis with double clutching.. so right now im absolutely furious and to top it off.. i told them i dont want a replacemnt clutch i want a new better or even aftermarket gm is now trying to have a pissing match with me by saying if you dont put a clutch in we wont cover the warranty work on the motor also said they would fly out there tech that looks at that so really for gm screw up i could be out $5000 for engine and clutch work
Lifters in the bottom end and on an overhead cammed car???
Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #30
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Weird, Ive raced mine hard at the track, turned up one of the fastest stock 1/4 times with a manual Im aware of. I also learned to drive stick on this car.

Almost 20k and it feels fine, catches perfectly and doesnt slip.
How many runs did you make? From the first to the last, what were your times? The night I ran a 13.88 it was my second run and by the seventh it was down around 14.2. I'm not slipping in regular driving, but when I take it out there it heats up and loses performance.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #31
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
23 k miles on mine and I can tell its.going. it.likes to catch a lot in first gear and burn extra clutch. I've had the transmission repaired once for second gear grind and its going back in for the same second gear problem. I've officially asked gm for a.new tranny and clutch plus 20k extension on the bumper to bumper. Car in service department for a.total of 6 visits now equaling over 1 month total time. This transmission is a pos. It's a.known problem. Time for gm to fix and accept it.
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #32
farmerdenton

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
Lifters in the bottom end and on an overhead cammed car???
no noo they thought it was the lifters the previous week so they replaced them but when clearly the knock was in the bottom end
farmerdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #33
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
How many runs did you make? From the first to the last, what were your times? The night I ran a 13.88 it was my second run and by the seventh it was down around 14.2. I'm not slipping in regular driving, but when I take it out there it heats up and loses performance.
What he said. Its fine for everyday driving but is lousy went you want to have some fun. A dual mass setup is not good for track use, it slips too much.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #34
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
4 runs, fastest was my last, a 14.3, DA corrected to 14.1...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:05 AM   #35
farmerdenton

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparaz View Post
I had to eat the cost of the clutch, its funny how different the replacement feels on it, so much smoother than the original, it has almost zero resistance, but the original seemed stiff as hell all the time. I made them give me the original and its worn pretty good, but i'm saving it in case they do a recall or something down the line; cause i was fairly livid.
the dealer is covering mine after some fighting and a call to gm customer assistance, we made a file saying all the issues and complaints and a week later i got a call saying they will cover the clutch... maybe you should call gms customer care and say the facts maybe they will reimburse you for the clutch... they clearly know that there are problems with the clutches... its taken them 2 weeks to get a clutch on order making me think theres a shortage of them plus the bolts are impossible that was another week to get in too. if you have anymore questions let me know
farmerdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #36
Ovenmitt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 RJT 1SS
Send a message via AIM to Ovenmitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerdenton View Post
no noo they thought it was the lifters the previous week so they replaced them but when clearly the knock was in the bottom end
Your engine HAS NO LIFTERS
Ovenmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #37
Ssgt

Drives: 2014 1LS Ashen Gray
Lol I have to revive this thread.. the guy with the bad lifters in his v6....you ever get a bag to stuff all that wool they were pulling over your eyes? Are you confused as to what engine you have or was the dealership really duping you that bad?
Ssgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #38
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
I just talked to Steve at monster and they are working on a V6 clutch, I hope to have more info soon.
We are a dealer for Monster clutch and work very close with them on design and manufacturing so give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #39
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Last mention of Monster in this thread was May 2011 and they were "working on" a clutch back then....going to be a hell of a clutch.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #40
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
Last mention of Monster in this thread was May 2011 and they were "working on" a clutch back then....going to be a hell of a clutch.
Actually I had another thread that was deleted due to a misunderstanding last week. When these threads are reinstated you will see what Chris at GForce was referencing.

I'm waiting on that so I can reinstate my sponsorship of this site as we're very proud sponsors!

Once my sponsorship is back up we'll post more information.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #41
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Spec already has one out and a billet aluminum flywheel. Stages 1-5. Been out for over a year.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #42
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Spec already has one out and a billet aluminum flywheel. Stages 1-5. Been out for over a year.
True, but I've been asked by numerous people to make one that doesn't break the bank and drive aggressively.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote