Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #29
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro125 View Post
So chevy is going to replace my engine but my dad is pretty pissed about this happening within a year of owning the car. I told him about this thread on the forum and he is debating on bringing up a lawsuit with chevy. So to the people that this happened too, if you want to PM me your vin so his attorneys can have strength to the argument by showing the issue has happened to others, it would be greatly appreciated. My dealership also has done an engine replacement on another v6. Along with my car and any of you guys on here, thats atleast 4 cars that had this issue. If you ask me this should not happen at all with a car of this caliber. Just my 0.02...

Thanks,
Alex
bummer, but if it's covered under warranty(free of charge), GM is obviously correcting the problem. Now, if factory QC issues on the engine/installation need to be re-evaluated, we will have to wait and see. Maybe that's why a new V6 engine is coming out...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #30
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
See I agree with your statement bulit, but when I look at my car now all I see is damaged goods. This whole owner experience has been a far cry from awesome.
porkrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 AM   #31
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
can someone explain what engine knock sound like? the other day I got home and before i turned the car off i just sat quiet for a minute and listen to my car idle.
It kinda sounded weird.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #32
camaro125

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2ss/rs
any more vins from people with this issue just PM me.. the GM service rep met with service manager at the dealership and talked about a possible trade in... My dad quick spoke to me about it so I'm not sure about the full details. I'm on the plane leaving for the weekend, so hopefully when I get back I will have more info.

Thanks,
Alex
camaro125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 AM   #33
btf331

Drives: new:2014 BLK 2SS/RS, NPP, Short Thr
Send a message via AIM to btf331 Send a message via Skype™ to btf331
engine currently being replaced
btf331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 AM   #34
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
I really think that our engines have serious reliability issues. My car started acting up 2 weeks ago, acceleration is slow going on 30mph even I floored it already. . .LIGHTS and variety of CODES came on, car stalling on 1st - 2nd gear and backing up. Issues got resolved when the dealer got my system reflashed but it still stall when I back up once in a while.

and to think that my case is rare, I found out that there are 3 other camaros that have the same issues getting serviced in my dealer alone. and then this kind of threads? I love my car don't get me wrong but with things coming up like these it just makes me want to trade it in for something else....

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:53 AM   #35
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
It is frustrating to come across these issues, especially as its new and under warranty.

..despite that fact... i never consider trading it for anything!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #36
Lazzzr

Drives: Can't upload new car pics!!
rod bearing,900 miles.Engine replaced
Lazzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #37
farmerdenton

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Wow I wish I was getting a new motor. Up here in canada they basically tell you were just gonna rebuild it. And I have a friend that knows gm people and ge flat out said we dont give people new engines. It first started with kind of a "rolling knock" in the bottom end of the motor. So they have it for a week. All the dealer did was change the lifters. Why I have no idea. So I get it back and the knocks still there (produced about 2500-3000 rpm). I took it back to them with in a hour and said you never fixed it. So then they said oh it could be a rod or bearing so they decoded to order all new parts basically everything but the lifters and block. "we don't put new motors in" so after about a month and a week the dealer calls me saying your clutch is wrecked and it's not being Covered under warranty. "he would had had to drive the shit out of it and drop the clutch ". I'm 19 years old. I'm a farm kid that's drove since I was in diapers plus Ive been driving semis with split shift and double clutching. Try telling me I abuse a clutch. So after fighting with the dealer and contacting gm costumer care I got the clutch under warranty. And now a month and a half later I still don't have my car haven't been contacted in the state i is in and I'm furious. My family's been a gm family for generations and recently bought $160,000 of gm vehicles in the past 3 years. And I'm not even gonna get started with how poor and how little there employees care about the car it self with scratches and body damage. My camaros my first car I've ever had I love it but this is undreal

Ps sorry for the rant I just had to get this story out to you guys to watch out for this poor "gm goodwrench " quality
farmerdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #38
farmerdenton

And forgot to mention it's only got 10,000kms on it (6200 miles)
Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #39
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
Well...i took it in on Monday morning and then had to go out of town work. They called me mon night and told me it definitly was Not the exhaust. This morning they put it on the lift and will begin an engine tearndown. I should be getting a call Wed as to exact issue. This has me really wondering what is wrong. The tech metiined it could be an issue with a rod or a bearing, but was making guesses. My thing is this...how in the world did this happen before I hit 300 miles! Lets just say I'm not looking forward to the rest of my ownership of this particular car. I c an only hope it is something simple that a guy on an assembly line missed. Still wont change the fact that it is now defective...you know, the whole magic of owning an awsome car. Guess I'll find out more tomorrow.
did ja check the oil level?..not as stupid as it sounds!..cars DO run better with a ''full" sump!..and it CAN be low on oil,as a new engine does use oil upon "break-in!"..just sayin!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #40
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
I still have my Camaro... my engine knock hasn't really come back since that incident, but I have been getting rough idle when I start it up in the morning. I do have to let it run for a minute or two before putting it in gear and going otherwise it bucks and sputters.

GM I will say did fix my power window issue. I had a problem when my driver window would Auto up, it would get half way and then go back down. The dealer, Criswell, dicked around for 6 months, finally GM CS, took care of them getting it fixed and even gave me $500.00, and a free Oil Change for the hassle.

However, a new issue did pop up with my 4th gear making a loud whistling, noise, duplicated on service tech test drive, but they can't pinpoint, nor find anything in the GM system as to any other complaints and they don't want to get into a tear down because they can't determine the problem, but it occurs only in 4th gear, and you hear it loudly between 2500 and 3000 rpm or anywhere between 52 and 58 mph. The tech who drove it said he is not found of the V6 stick units, he states they are of poor design and most of all he, like I, hate the clutch in these models as the grab is inconsistent.

Since they didn't want to get into a tear down, because of not being able to pinpoint the exact cause, I agreed to drive it as is until it breaks with the SM's promise that if it does go the tranny won't be a rebuild but a whole new unit.

However, my engine knock issue hasn't come back, and I am wondering if it is weather related... I say that because we have had an unusually cold spring this year, but now we are into 100+ degree days and Summer hasn't technically arrived yet.

Still going for a 2012 Stang when they become available... but until then I still do have the Camaro.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:09 AM   #41
DjfunkmasterG
Indie Zombie Film King

Drives: 2011 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
can someone explain what engine knock sound like? the other day I got home and before i turned the car off i just sat quiet for a minute and listen to my car idle.
It kinda sounded weird.
It is a low rumble like knocking noise... it goes thump thump thump but on the low end, more bassy in tone.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #42
farmerdenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
It is a low rumble like knocking noise... it goes thump thump thump but on the low end, more bassy in tone.
Mine was more of a rolling knock. I'll try and post a video I took you can clearly hear it