Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #127
samtheman32

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
I got my first car at 15, it was a cammed 1996 Z28. The car had some power, a little around 320 hp. Didn't get a single ticket, when I turned 17 my father went out and got me a manual 2SS with headers, exhaust, and a CAI. I learned to drive standard in this car and it is my baby, I know how to have fun but I know my limits. Still haven't seen a ticket.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #128
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
LOL 3x,xxx for a teenage boy's first car.... Keep full coverage on it! Plan to mow more yards with him after the first fender bender as your rates will triple......
Old 05-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #129
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyt2528 View Post
Hello, my first post . My son is turning 16 this October and I really want to get him a new car. Him and myself always had an eye for a camaro. I am still debating wether to get him a camaro 2ss or a 2lt. Any feedback?
Whoa. Okay so I know that this guy isn't gonna post again, but I know he's reading our responses.

I'll make this sweet and to the point. If you get him a fast car like the Camaro, I won't be surprised if you come back here in a couple months (if that) talking about how he wrapped it around a tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
get him a zl1 make it right the first time. then make him get a job.
Easier said than done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Ummm... Wow. First, IMO, no matter how much experience your newly-minted 16 year old driver has driving high powered cars--and I don't care how long he's been "driving," at 16 he doesn't have much--he is just entering the time of his life where impressing his friends/girls will become more important than being responsible and making smart decisions all the time. Buying him a 400HP sports car is just plain dumb, and I'm not buying the BS about how much time he's been behind the wheel of your 700HP car.

But I'd this thread is legit, and if you have your mind made up to get him one, consider your location and what type of Indiana winter weather he'll be driving in and consider the SS and any V6/RS comes with summer tires before you buy.

But I'm sure you can just buy him a second set of wheels and winter tires for him, too, while you're at it.

Quote:
I actually made him pay for it. I told him since he was a little kid that he was getting a new car. I am retired military and made many tours to Iraq which separated us. I feel like this is a way to repay him because I want too! I'm not getting it to spoil him... I am getting him it because he deserves it. He has had a job for 3 years now mowing yards. Saving money for gas, insurance and any extras he wants. Even if I was buying the car for spoiling him I don't see the big deal. You guys who are making comments like he is not deserving it because he didnt work it are just jealous and I don't see how this mean anything.
Buying your kid a $40,000 car won't make up for lost time. If it really bothers him as much as you think, chances are he won't forgive you even when you buy him this car. I know you're just trying to make your son happy, but you're putting his life in danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
why would you even put that.. not even something to joke about.
So you expect us to turn our heads away from this huge problem? This is reality.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #130
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Hello, my first post . My son is turning 16 this October and I really want to get him a new car. Him and myself always had an eye for a camaro. I am still debating wether to get him a camaro 2ss or a 2lt. Any feedback?
its a very sexy car, and as such, he will be getting plenty. make sure he buys lots of protection.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #131
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
haha^^^ I got my 2LT at 16 in my junior year of high school. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will be egged on to show off. I have never gotten a ticket or been pulled over or anything. I am very fortunate to have this car and have WAYYY too much respect for my parents, myself, and the car to abuse what I have been blessed with. Could I have gotten a 2SS when we were buying it, possibly, but it wasnt realistic as I drive it every day. The V6 is plenty of power and no less of a responsibility to keep control of. Coming from someone who was, and still is as im only 18 now, in the same position as this kid I can say that no matter how responsible he may be, he WILL be tested constantly by his peers and other drivers.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #132
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK View Post
haha^^^ I got my 2LT at 16 in my junior year of high school. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will be egged on to show off. I have never gotten a ticket or been pulled over or anything. I am very fortunate to have this car and have WAYYY too much respect for my parents, myself, and the car to abuse what I have been blessed with. Could I have gotten a 2SS when we were buying it, possibly, but it wasnt realistic as I drive it every day. The V6 is plenty of power and no less of a responsibility to keep control of. Coming from someone who was, and still is as im only 18 now, in the same position as this kid I can say that no matter how responsible he may be, he WILL be tested constantly by his peers and other drivers.

got any good stories regarding sexual shenanigans and your Camaro?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #133
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
So my granddaughter is turning three and I'm going to buy her a new car. Did I say buy her a new car, I mean she's going to pay for part of it. Maybe all of it. It just depends on how I want to look to you all when I'm posting. She does really good in school. She can count to 25 easily & knows her ABC's. She's mature for her age since she can poop by herself now.

Should I go 6 volt or 12 volt? Just wondering because I figure a bunch of people I don't know would know her better than I do. She has grown up around AC and DC voltage so I'm comfortable with her being able to go up to 5mph, but I just figured I need some reinforcement from strangers. Plus I need to point out that I have the ability to pay cash for this car. Please don't flame me else I'll just have to point out how jealous you must be.

I'm looking for all opinions but really only for those that reinforce what I'd like to hear. Else your opinion is just stupid and full of petty jealousy.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #134
Draven1327
Socal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS (KYORI)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
So my granddaughter is turning three and I'm going to buy her a new car. Did I say buy her a new car, I mean she's going to pay for part of it. Maybe all of it. It just depends on how I want to look to you all when I'm posting. She does really good in school. She can count to 25 easily & knows her ABC's. She's mature for her age since she can poop by herself now.

Should I go 6 volt or 12 volt? Just wondering because I figure a bunch of people I don't know would know her better than I do. She has grown up around AC and DC voltage so I'm comfortable with her being able to go up to 5mph, but I just figured I need some reinforcement from strangers. Plus I need to point out that I have the ability to pay cash for this car. Please don't flame me else I'll just have to point out how jealous you must be.

I'm looking for all opinions but really only for those that reinforce what I'd like to hear. Else your opinion is just stupid and full of petty jealousy.
HAHAHAHA classic!! My new favorite topic
Old 05-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #135
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
He asked for opinions I get that but why all the hostility?

It's not like him buying a car for his son is gonna hurt any of us, heck odds are none of us will ever even meet him or his son.

We all have Camaros so it's not like he is gonna 1up anyone here, so whats the big deal?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #136
Krazyt2528

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS CRT
Quote:
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
He asked for opinions I get that but why all the hostility?

It's not like him buying a car for his son is gonna hurt any of us, heck odds are none of us will ever even meet him or his son.

We all have Camaros so it's not like he is gonna 1up anyone here, so whats the big deal?
Another person that realizes too many people are going way to serious about a simple question I asked. Makes me wonder why I even served for this country if people are just going to blow there life away at being ignorant on a forum. Thankyou alanhurst
Old 05-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #137
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #138
Krazyt2528

And just because you guys may of got a junk car for your first to learn the value dosnt mean getting a new car the first time won't teach someone to appreciate what they have..
Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #139
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Buy him a 1993 Geo Metro like I learned on... 3 cylinders all the way!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #140
Krazyt2528

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySinning View Post
Buy him a 1993 Geo Metro like I learned on... 3 cylinders all the way!
Saying it like this is fine. It is not saying anything dumb about wrapping your car around a tree if someone dosnt get it like you others have previously said...

Closed Thread