Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #29
BC 2010
BC 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS M6 GFX SR
Everyone that receive kit #19301504 can take your camaro to dealer after install,
(doesn't matter who did install) and get your speeddo recalibrate for free.Make sure
you take paper work to dealer when you go in. make a copy for your records.
BC 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #30
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC 2010 View Post
Everyone that receive kit #19301504 can take your camaro to dealer after install,
(doesn't matter who did install) and get your speeddo recalibrate for free.Make sure
you take paper work to dealer when you go in. make a copy for your records.
Good to know. Whore did you get the dealer recalibration info from ?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #31
BC 2010
BC 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS M6 GFX SR
In your paper work with gears (1-2 pages) your dealer calls Gm for calibration code and labor code.Pretty self explanatory.
BC 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #32
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC 2010 View Post
In your paper work with gears (1-2 pages) your dealer calls Gm for calibration code and labor code.Pretty self explanatory.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #33
Black-Out

Drives: himself insane
Decided to cave - took the pumpkin down to a buddies tranny shop and let him finish it off for me. Just didn't want to screw it up. Meh.
Traded some IT work he wanted done. Win win.

One thing that's really blown me away is just how much rust there is on my sub frame. Tons on the leading edges of the control arms, and little bits here and there.
Sanded them all down and hit them with some chassis black.

Paint is setting up. I'm going to bed. Been a long day at work (the one that pays the bills vs causing the bills!). Finish it all off in the morning I guess.
{sold} -- 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS - Black on Black. Kooks catted LT's, CAI, Accell 9070c ceramic wires, Barton shifter, custom catback w/Dynomax VT's, quad tips, Pfadt springs/sway bars/trailing arms, Diablosport tuner {Lew tune}, 3.91 gear's, Energy cradle bushings.
Black-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #34
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
What did he find on the pinion?
Old 03-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #35
Black-Out

Told me that he did have to 'sand down' the shaft where the forward bearing rides, to get it to seat all the way.
Didn't question him, since this is the stuff he does all day long!

Everything is all back in place now, just have to torque things down properly.
Then go for a ride! To the nearest alignment shop that is (replaced trailing arms etc, so it's all out of whack now).
{sold} -- 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS - Black on Black. Kooks catted LT's, CAI, Accell 9070c ceramic wires, Barton shifter, custom catback w/Dynomax VT's, quad tips, Pfadt springs/sway bars/trailing arms, Diablosport tuner {Lew tune}, 3.91 gear's, Energy cradle bushings.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #36
ZeroC

Drives: 18 2SS LT4 Top
how ya liking them ?
ZeroC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #37
Black-Out

Have about 20km on them. All city. And Im still pretty much ***** driving it.

So far so good though!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #38
ZeroC

Drives: 18 2SS LT4 Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Out View Post
Have about 20km on them. All city. And Im still pretty much ***** driving it.

So far so good though!
hahah even with the stars we all know what was said
are you doing the cruise with us to revelstoke...the only answer is yes btw ...!!!!
ZeroC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #39
Black-Out

Ha ha... Yeah.. Forum nanny kicked in.
Next time I'll say "kitty". Cough...

As for trip. Denied.
(Though not the correct answer, the only one that'll happen!)
Old 04-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #40
Black-Out

Minor follow up....

Got a few hundred K on 'em now. Keep forgetting that they're "new" and have hammered on them pretty hard already. Gotta say what most others say... this is the way it SHOULD HAVE BEEN from the factory!

In heavy traffic it's even nice, since if you're on level ground you can virtually dump the clutch and creep without revving up at all. Next round on my remote tune I'm going to have him add about 100 to my idle speed, and that should do it nicely.

Pull is great at anything over about 2K where our power starts to come in. Still lacks down below that. Guess I'll have to get a blower now. Sigh....

Oh - when I put it all back together, I went with Royal Purple. Didn't notice anything at all before, but within a day I noticed the 'posi plate crunchy' that so many of us have heard, while in a turn. It's been getting worse day by day! I emailed RP, and they said that MOST cars don't require additive. But in my case... add some!

He said to only add a SMALL amount, then do a bunch of slow tight figure eights clockwise, then counterclockwise to work it into the plates. Then keep adding a bit more every day or so until it just shuts up. Too much will reduce the effectiveness of the plates he said by allowing them to slip too easily.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #41
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anyone know if they only change the speedo or do they reflash the entire program. I am asking because I have a tune, and I don't want to lose it.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #42
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Anyone know if they only change the speedo or do they reflash the entire program. I am asking because I have a tune, and I don't want to lose it.
This is how mine was done:

My custom tune was downloaded into a file. Then using that saved file - the table for the gear ratio was updated by writing 3.91 over 3.45. Then that file was saved under a new name and uploaded to the ECU.

Doing it that way prevents anything else changing on your custom tune. And just in case - you have a copy of your original custom tune saved to go back to if per chance something doesn't work right when you upload the new file with the gear change.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)

Last edited by SSDan; 04-03-2014 at 10:17 AM.
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote