Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #15
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
Please no body attack me after this but I'm just trying to get to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

If Tracy is "bad" then how is he always busy, he must be doing something right?

I can't speak for any other car or engine besides the LLT V6 Camaro, I understand people are having trouble with other cars and engines but I'm just worried about my LLT. I'm not trying to be selfish but I just want to here the negatives on the LLT's he's worked on. BESIDES his TOP MOUNT SC. I do not have that I have an sts kit that needed proper evac, wastegate and savage pump relocating, new turbo, sparks plugs, and tuning that's it.

Has he ever failed doing work on an LLT.

I'm not taking sides, it's just a lot of this doesn't add up.
Oh absolutely. All this started because of the LLT. He proclaimed himself the king of FI for the LLT and everything he touched broke or never performed. Gretchen's car was the original twin turbo test car. To save you from a super long story I'll skip to the ending, nothing ever happened, the engine was damaged, and the car was eventually sold. Cant_C_Me was the next twin turbo.... he had to redo the whole system at his expense. Smoke1LT was the first centri supercharger. His car was destroyed, ran what a bolt on LLT car does, and disappeared. v6owner was the next centri supercharger, his kit had to be completely redone by his builder. Baylor was also a centri kit, his kit was a mess and he had to redo parts of that as well. Cams were done on yellow_glide's car and when things were finally looking up on gains, he goes and slaps his "proven ported heads" and loses 40 hp. elsololobo is another cam story that never happened because of tracy's screw ups. It's really not hard to just run a search for his name and see exactly what kind of rep he has

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #16
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Ah yes tracy.

you asked about what happened to my car op.

This was after the initial inspection done from Mike Norris Motorsports.

Quote:
1)** MAP sensor calibration was still stock while it had the 3bar ZR1 sensor in it. We had already discussed this.
2)** One of the lower clamps on a boost pipe rubbed into the coolant reservoir. No hole yet.
3)** Inlet air filter rubbing on the AC compressor pulley.
4)* *Need to reroute the oil feed line for the turbo as you pointed out.
5)** Oil leak pretty bad at the rear of engine. Oil came out pretty good under boost and no oil came out of the valve cover breather at that time. Rear seal?? If it is rear seal we will need to R&R trans and if we do that we can see if there is any markings on the back of the cam.
6)** Also has some leaking at the oil pan to front cover sealing surfaces.
7)** Turbo waste gate piping pointed into the area of trans cooler lines and lower radiator. When the gate opens hot exhaust come directly out of it and is damaging the items in that area.
8)** Upper hose to radiator hitting boost pipe as you pointed out. I was able to relocate it some and should have clearance now. "fixing" the dented and damaged boost pipe may take making a new pipe or welding in at least a new section.
9)** Power steering cooler lines interfere with boost pipe at radiator on passenger side.
10)*ECM not mounted just laying between the fender and fuse block, hood prop pushing on harnesses.
11) Positive cable junction on drivers side needs to be relocated as it is touching the header/manifold.
12) Blowing out spark plugs (most likely) on dyno runs. Would like to check all plugs which is a pain in the butt with these turbo headers.
13) Cylinder #3 plug wire burnt*on header.
14) Coolant temp sensor and harness connector melted/burnt. Intermittent contact.
15) Turbo down tube hitting LS knock sensor harness and melting it.

This was in fact just the tip of the iceberg of what Tracy left me with. It ended up costing me alot.

Quote:
Before pulling the trans this time Mike is currently up to a $2800 bill, but this does include the current calibration, fixing the waste gate down pipe, installing a new turbo oil feed line so the belt does not rub it and fixing the waste gate hose routing. Of that bill there is about $750 for the trans to be pulled and install the new rear cover, $600 for the current calibration,* about $250 for the waste gate hose routing/repair & fittings and about $400 for the new air inlet piping.

To R&R the trans a second time, clean everything and run the oil dye test, then pull the pan and install new gaskets & seals is going to run right around $1350 or so.
This wasn't the final bill for the work needed to fix my car btw.

Not to mention all of the dyno tuning that was involved because tracy couldn't tune it at all. It got so bad that the tuner he hired to come in to help called me to tell me how it was like working for tracy and what really happened. It was terrible. The guy took a hammer to my custom painted intake pipe because he couldn't get the upper radiator hose around it. Dented it, tried to use brown orange touch up paint and then re dented again because the hose blew up. So I had silver spots on orange touch up paint on a dented intake tube. I can't remember everything the guy did but it was the worst experience I've ever had with anyone. Then he blames it all on the design of the turbo kit. When I kept asking him what it Dynoed at he would reply back with oh 500 some..........

The way he had the waste gate set up cause a boost overload or something. It would over boost twice as much as the spring and then fall off. had it routed wrong. Mike Norris took it from 450hp/500tq to 651/731. Tracy is a hack and he hacked up my car. He is banned from this forum for a reason. Stay away

I paid about half of the bill Tracy originally quoted me for the work Feb 8th. I didn't get my car back until Aug 2nd. 7 months it took him and the day I got it back I took it to an amazing shop I should of used in the first place.

Stay away from RX.

Btw He never reimbursed me for any of the repairs.

Sent from my Note3

Last edited by GbrilliantQ; 09-12-2014 at 12:18 AM.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #17
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #18
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowolf71 View Post
Be very, very careful with RX and Tracy. This forum is littered with cars that have had to be taken to other shops because of the bad work that his shop has done. I suggest, if you haven't already, do some searching on the forums and read up about the work he has done.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #19
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
He has already done quite a bit of work with my car. The stuff that he is doing to my car, is it the same stuff that he has "messed up" before? Proper crankcase, puting the wastegate next to the turbo(sts has the waste-gate far from the actual turbo), putting in a dual valve catch can, and tuning my LLT
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:56 AM   #20
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
He has already done quite a bit of work with my car. The stuff that he is doing to my car, is it the same stuff that he has "messed up" before? Proper crankcase, puting the wastegate next to the turbo(sts has the waste-gate far from the actual turbo), putting in a dual valve catch can, and tuning my LLT
I've seen a lot of builds get rid of his catch can because it caused problems. Tuning is something I'd definitely NOT let him do

Can I ask what made you choose RX over another shop like FSP?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:05 AM   #21
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
You should of gone with Matt at FSP.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #22
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Wow this sucks for the OP... I hope it works out for him
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #23
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Wow this sucks for the OP... I hope it works out for him
Agreed.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:51 AM   #24
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Please no body attack me after this but I'm just trying to get to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

If Tracy is "bad" then how is he always busy, he must be doing something right?
The age-old adage of the con man is "A sucker is born every minute." I was just such a sucker.
Quote:
I can't speak for any other car or engine besides the LLT V6 Camaro, I understand people are having trouble with other cars and engines but I'm just worried about my LLT. I'm not trying to be selfish but I just want to here the negatives on the LLT's he's worked on. BESIDES his TOP MOUNT SC. I do not have that I have an sts kit that needed proper evac, wastegate and savage pump relocating, new turbo, sparks plugs, and tuning that's it.

Has he ever failed doing work on an LLT.
Yes, see some examples below
Quote:
I'm not taking sides, it's just a lot of this doesn't add up.
Be prepared for it to add up. I'm not trying to be mean and it sounds like you are already committed, but I can't think of any examples were work done at RX hasn't eventually had to be redone or abandoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Oh absolutely. All this started because of the LLT. He proclaimed himself the king of FI for the LLT and everything he touched broke or never performed. Gretchen's car was the original twin turbo test car. To save you from a super long story I'll skip to the ending, nothing ever happened, the engine was damaged, and the car was eventually sold. Cant_C_Me was the next twin turbo.... he had to redo the whole system at his expense. Smoke1LT was the first centri supercharger. His car was destroyed, ran what a bolt on LLT car does, and disappeared. v6owner was the next centri supercharger, his kit had to be completely redone by his builder. Baylor was also a centri kit, his kit was a mess and he had to redo parts of that as well. Cams were done on yellow_glide's car and when things were finally looking up on gains, he goes and slaps his "proven ported heads" and loses 40 hp. elsololobo is another cam story that never happened because of tracy's screw ups. It's really not hard to just run a search for his name and see exactly what kind of rep he has
Add SixJak and MakeItRain. That's just the short list of Camaro5 owners. Corvettes, Cadillac, Impalas, so on, so forth. He is even working on Ecoboost F-150s now (just doesn't use his old screen name anymore). There hasn't been an engine made that he can't break, despite his claims of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Ah yes tracy.

you asked about what happened to my car op.

This was after the initial inspection done from Mike Norris Motorsports.

This was in fact just the tip of the iceberg of what Tracy left me with. It ended up costing me alot.

This wasn't the final bill for the work needed to fix my car btw.

Not to mention all of the dyno tuning that was involved because tracy couldn't tune it at all. It got so bad that the tuner he hired to come in to help called me to tell me how it was like working for tracy and what really happened. It was terrible. The guy took a hammer to my custom painted intake pipe because he couldn't get the upper radiator hose around it. Dented it, tried to use brown orange touch up paint and then re dented again because the hose blew up. So I had silver spots on orange touch up paint on a dented intake tube. I can't remember everything the guy did but it was the worst experience I've ever had with anyone. Then he blames it all on the design of the turbo kit. When I kept asking him what it Dynoed at he would reply back with oh 500 some..........

The way he had the waste gate set up cause a boost overload or something. It would over boost twice as much as the spring and then fall off. had it routed wrong. Mike Norris took it from 450hp/500tq to 651/731. Tracy is a hack and he hacked up my car. He is banned from this forum for a reason. Stay away

I paid about half of the bill Tracy originally quoted me for the work Feb 8th. I didn't get my car back until Aug 2nd. 7 months it took him and the day I got it back I took it to an amazing shop I should of used in the first place.

Stay away from RX.

Btw He never reimbursed me for any of the repairs.

Sent from my Note3
This guy first got screwed by HPS, then Tracy swooped in to save the day. You can see what a disaster that was. Fortunately there are some good shops like Mike Norris out there that can do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
You should of gone with Matt at FSP.

Like I said earlier, you seem to be committed. Please consider taking your car to another shop after you get it back from RX. You want someone else to look it over and make sure he hasn't created any serious problems. Some shops won't touch anything he's worked on, but you should try. LLT engines are cheap, having someone replace one for you is not!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #25
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I've seen a lot of builds get rid of his catch can because it caused problems. Tuning is something I'd definitely NOT let him do

Can I ask what made you choose RX over another shop like FSP?
My savage pump was having issues so my car was undriveable and he was the only one that could take me in the soonest.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:56 AM   #26
Peter-5

You guys are freaking me out... This is a daily driven car......
Old 09-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #27
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

I don't think anyone is trying to freak you out. More than anything they are trying to help and voice an opinion. It is your car you can take the info and do as you like.

As others have said you can either let him finish the work and have someone look it over to be safe or cut ties and have your car brought to another shop.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #28
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I don't think anyone is trying to freak you out. More than anything they are trying to help and voice an opinion. It is your car you can take the info and do as you like.

As others have said you can either let him finish the work and have someone look it over to be safe or cut ties and have your car brought to another shop.
Understood, for right now I'm going to have Tracy finish the job and if everything goes well then I will support his work 100%, if not well then I'll go from there. He's given me a lot of advice and help so as of right now there's no need for me to attack him.

When the cars done and I get it, wether I pick it up or have it shipped to me. I may have someone local look at it just to be safe but I've also talked to some people that has had no issue with Tracy, some being sts owners like myself.

So we will see how this all plays out!