Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
SJM

Drives: Camaro
2010 Camaro Line Lock ( linelock) completed!

I've already spoke to a few of you guys, for others who may have missed our discussion, we do currently have two types of line lock systems recently developed. (See images).

For the folks who have already inquired and asked to be on our list, no need to reply again. For others who may have missed, both style kits will be shipping on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested, please e-mail or pm us with your full name, telephone number and email address. The folk’s kits that are shipping will be contacted by the end of this week. If you wish to pass on the kit, there is no obligation; the next person in line will fill your pre-order. IF you are not contacted, you should be on our next batch, rest assured, you will be contacted either via e-mail or phone.

Once our initial short-run kits are built and shipped, there will be about a 2-3 week wait until we are on par with our typical 24 hour shipping system.

A little bit of background on our kits, they are a direct bolt-in. No re-bending or flaring of lines is necessary. Kits will come complete with pre-formed hard-lines and associated fittings. The kit will include our typical 2 switch electrical system with remote LED and remote LED indicator. Flip the master switch, the remote mount LED illuminates showing feedback the system is armed and ready. Use the second momentary button to activate the solenoid. When not in use, shut the main toggle switch which deactivates the entire line lock circuit so accidental deployment cannot occur.

As pictured, all kits are built with pre-formed hard-lines. I've recently had a few inquire about using braided lines to move the line lock in a different position (or if we will be offering them). We do not advise adding braided lines to a braking system, this will reduce braking efficiency and increase brake “sponginess” due to braided line expansion. Never add a braided line to a brake system, use them to replace a rubber line if they are damaged or old. Unless absolutely necessary, you will never see one of our kits using this method. Some use them as a generic approach to provide a basic install kit, but it is a poor approach to design.

I believe most will find the location of our linelock setups very clean, not limiting installation of other accessories or components.

Cross referencing our other post regarding 2010 Camaro Drag Wheels (17” diameters), please view http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47609 . I’ve recently added wheel images mounted on our customers 2010 Camaro. Those will be built and shipped on a first come first serve basis as well. They are built to order and will take ~2-4 weeks to build at this time.

Please let us know if you have further questions or comments.

Steve
Mechanical Engineer
SJM Manufacturing Inc.
SJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Very nice install!

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Im sure its just another great quailty product from you guys. I know the 4th gen line lock fit like a glove.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
SWEET! Awaiting notification.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
SO how do you order this line lock system?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
SJM

http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_2010.html is the link for ordering online.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
Coop

Is this normal price or reduced?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Old 12-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Deff. interested !!!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #9
SJM

That is the price. There aren't discounted pricing available for any of these items. We could raise it up to 200.00 and then make a "discounted pricing special"...we really don't like playing those games though.

Orange10, let me if either of you guys have additional questions. All kits are in stock ready to ship within 24 business hours.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
Coop

I have a manual trans so I guess I need the shifter button option? Do you have a pic of this?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM View Post
That is the price. There aren't discounted pricing available for any of these items. We could raise it up to 200.00 and then make a "discounted pricing special"...we really don't like playing those games though.

Orange10, let me if either of you guys have additional questions. All kits are in stock ready to ship within 24 business hours.
I will call you tom. Thanks, Gary
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
SJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I have a manual trans so I guess I need the shifter button option? Do you have a pic of this?
If you click on the little "?" next to the option, it will pop an image up for you.

Orange. I'll be in the office on Monday.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Guess im confused as to why someone would buy a line lock ?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #14
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
What's a line lock kit?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote