Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #15
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
So what do you think so far?, Look i did all this by my self and a lot of more things but i need parts as and i can only do so much at one time.

Dos any one have some tail light lens that is what i need to finish it up as it takes all 4 lens.

One more thing is you also need the LED Load Equalizers
I think that's pretty frickin awesome. A couple of things to look at though would be the size and shape. The Brake light center needs to be considerably larger and less trapezoidal. I'm sure you know that already but figured I'd throw that in there as my one critique. Other than that, I think you're dead on with it. It looks like there's a little too much light coming from behind the brake light but, I think once you fix the size thing, that should be taken care of. Keep up the good work I think you're going in the right direction. You get the right shape on the LED cluster and you've got it nailed.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Thank you for the nice words, Look at this pic and you can see that the concept has a trapezoidal shape, The thing i did that you are saying is to small is as big as i can go, There is no more room in the tail light hosing.
Attached Images

2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #17
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
i am looking for pictures of the tail light housing outside and inside, does anyone have them? i have a couple ideas i am going to play around with but i want to get an idea of what the complete housing looks like. any one got a picture maybe with a ruler in it for scaling purposes?
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #18
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Love the avatar of Dwight with the CPR doll's face on... lmao
Office FTW
Old 12-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #19
Legend17
Army Bound

Drives: 97 Camaro RS
AAC is probably as close as ur gonna get cuz the inside of the housing isnt like the concept's
Legend17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #20
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
2SSRS and Rockin the BlueSS, I'm glad someone is trying to get a real afterburner tailight going. I will follow your progress and consider me one of your first customers if you decide to sell it.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #21
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
2SSRS and Rockin the BlueSS, I'm glad someone is trying to get a real afterburner tailight going. I will follow your progress and consider me one of your first customers if you decide to sell it.
I will do a DYI on it as it is not how i make $ for a living.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #22
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
In hindsight, GM really did leave out many of the popular effects on the production model compared to the concept. If people were spending $40K on their car and wanted all of these effects, GM should have offered just about all of the more popular options like "afterburner tail lamps," for a few hundred more. I'd even pay a few thousand more just to make sure I wasn't buying a Camaro that lost some excitement in the transition from concept to production vehicle. GM dropped the ball with this. The gas tank placement I could care less about, but why not finish the damn car with the best tail lamps? Maybe if they focused more on this, they would have taken more care in better protecting the lamps. So many people complaining of water filling the housing. I want a Camaro, not a Honda CRX hatchback. Every time I've seen one of these cars their tail lamps and trunk plastic molding are like half filled with water. LOL!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #23
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
In hindsight, GM really did leave out many of the popular effects on the production model compared to the concept. If people were spending $40K on their car and wanted all of these effects, GM should have offered just about all of the more popular options like "afterburner tail lamps," for a few hundred more. I'd even pay a few thousand more just to make sure I wasn't buying a Camaro that lost some excitement in the transition from concept to production vehicle. GM dropped the ball with this. The gas tank placement I could care less about, but why not finish the damn car with the best tail lamps? Maybe if they focused more on this, they would have taken more care in better protecting the lamps. So many people complaining of water filling the housing. I want a Camaro, not a Honda CRX hatchback. Every time I've seen one of these cars their tail lamps and trunk plastic molding are like half filled with water. LOL!
Although those afterburner tailights look awesome, I believe the answer as to why they're not part of the production model would be cost! After all, price the replacement cost of just one front Halo light! Also having a company gear up to make enough of them for 100k plus cars a year (I believe GM had run into this issue with the Halo's earlier this year) and add the fact what another member said... the concept lights are pretty deep and would take up trunck space. Maybe this could end up being part of the Z28 package.... who knows but I would like to see GM put out a version of them for add on's!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #24
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Everyone, please keep this topic on-topic --> discussing how the afterburner tail lights can be achieved (not why the production lights don't come like this).

Thank you.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #25
Lava
LSU Tigers!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Love the ideas, i am definately a future customer when this is correctly achieved. Good minds working here so it shouldn't be long.
Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #26
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
I hope you guys can do it I'm rooting for you guys
Old 12-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #27
Not The Real Headlights!
Helping the cause

Drives: 2000 NBM SS
It's been forever since I've posted on here, but why don't we just ask them to do it like we've done everything else? The blue for SS for instance.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #28
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Looks good
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote