Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-16-2017, 04:42 PM   #687
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Auto
Attached Images

Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #688
Drjohn501

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I hope this the correct thread, I have a 2013 Camaro 2ss. Recently I had a Pioneer AvicAvic8100nex installed with the New PAC unit. They also installed Hertz 6.5s up frnt, Hertz 2x12s Es 300s in custom sealed box in trunk and new Hertz 950 watt amp in trunk
Problem is a constant high hiss like ground loop. They tried isolater ect. Took HU out. Noise coming from sterring wheel to amp. Tap the steering wheel it goes away.

Update:
Still having noise after Cartronics installed PAC/Avic 8100..and Hertz Speakers amp ect..

Its been blamed on everything from my RCA jacks to the Hertz Amp they installed and even the CAN sytem of my Camaro. They ordered new Hertz amp installed it. High hissing again. So I had them take out the Pioneer and test it on bench with another amp and speakers , no high sound just a low hum. They tested a new Stereo in my ride and said its my Pioneer now! I'm so pissed off. 8 trips to this place. I think its all B.S. and they f'd up my new 8100. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Drjohn501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #689
whoanelli

Drives: 2015 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohn501 View Post
I hope this the correct thread, I have a 2013 Camaro 2ss. Recently I had a Pioneer AvicAvic8100nex installed with the New PAC unit. They also installed Hertz 6.5s up frnt, Hertz 2x12s Es 300s in custom sealed box in trunk and new Hertz 950 watt amp in trunk
Problem is a constant high hiss like ground loop. They tried isolater ect. Took HU out. Noise coming from sterring wheel to amp. Tap the steering wheel it goes away.

Update:
Still having noise after Cartronics installed PAC/Avic 8100..and Hertz Speakers amp ect..

Its been blamed on everything from my RCA jacks to the Hertz Amp they installed and even the CAN sytem of my Camaro. They ordered new Hertz amp installed it. High hissing again. So I had them take out the Pioneer and test it on bench with another amp and speakers , no high sound just a low hum. They tested a new Stereo in my ride and said its my Pioneer now! I'm so pissed off. 8 trips to this place. I think its all B.S. and they f'd up my new 8100. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
I feel for you. The sound customization of the 8100 really provides great options even through the stock speakers. That being said, I have had no problems with mine although my installer's ear did notice a hum. Not noticeable to my ear however. I know that doesn't help you a whole lot, but (I have a '15) perhaps you can take anything inherent in your car outside of the audio out of the equation. I also had a sub/amp installed so we share that variable as well. I hope you can get it worked out...
whoanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #690
Drjohn501

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoanelli View Post
I feel for you. The sound customization of the 8100 really provides great options even through the stock speakers. That being said, I have had no problems with mine although my installer's ear did notice a hum. Not noticeable to my ear however. I know that doesn't help you a whole lot, but (I have a '15) perhaps you can take anything inherent in your car outside of the audio out of the equation. I also had a sub/amp installed so we share that variable as well. I hope you can get it worked out...
Thank you. It's not just the noise as much as it is how much money I have in the system. I hired Cartronics to intall because I didn't want to do it myself. Opted for professional installation paid for it got screwed.
Im taking it somewhere else to get second or tgird opinion.
I'll update here for the forum.
Thanks
Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #691
Drjohn501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohn501 View Post
Thank you. It's not just the noise as much as it is how much money I have in the system. I hired Cartronics to intall because I didn't want to do it myself. Opted for professional installation paid for it got screwed.

Im taking it somewhere else to get second or tgird opinion.
I'll update here for the forum.
Thanks
Another question.
The 8100 has its own crossover for sub, front and rear speakers. The installers have crossovers set on the Hertz amp as well as the crossovers on Pioneer 8100 HU. From what I have been reading is thats not correct. Should I just use crossovers on HU?