Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #71
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl View Post
Just makes our '10s and '11s that much more rare
5 or 6 is rare. 10,000 times that - not so much.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #72
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
You know, the best part about all this is the e39 ecm.
Now well see some realy modded cars that take full advantage of power adders.
Sc or turbo, I think that was the main thing holding everyone back.
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #73
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Wow....nice car. I wouldn't give up my SS for one but for a V6 that's really nice. V6 in general have come a long way. I think peoples perception of having a V6 is really changing.

Wish he would've addressed the power passenger seat. I'm curious to see it work and hope it might be able to be retrofitted in to a '10. Actually I don't want it powered, just want to be able to manually raise and lower but I'll take whatever I can get.

Steering wheel isn't as bad as I thought but like someone else said....with the bowtie instead of Camaro I wouldn't even begin to trade. That's now a parts bin steering wheel which makes mine much more valuable IMO.

Love the backup camera. Might have to look into retrofitting that some day. HUD would be nice but not for the price difference to retrofit.

I'm actually not a fan of the leather on the dash. Like it the way I have it in the '10.

Still hard to believe I only paid about $1,300 more for my SS than what they are asking. I know....can't compare because I didn't get an RS or an Auto but still.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #74
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBangr View Post
You know, the best part about all this is the e39 ecm.
Now well see some realy modded cars that take full advantage of power adders.
Sc or turbo, I think that was the main thing holding everyone back.
Actually, it is the HPFP that's killing use. Trifecta has the tuning down on the LLT ECU pretty well.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #75
gopruitt

Drives: 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
only thing he missed is the LFX but gives you a look at the LFX and the sound at idle
Hey all,I just purchased that very Camaro in the above video.
I have been lurking Camaro and Mustang sites to determine which car I wanted to buy since I like (and wanted both). I had no experience with either of these cars and wanted the one that suited me best. Based on the online reviews, I purchased the 2012 Mustang V6 with the "Pony Pkg".

Unfortunately the Mustang we purchased wasn't in stock and had to be picked up the next day so My wife and I mosied over to O'Connel Chevrolet to see the car we didn't choose. The salesman showed me the 2012 Camaro in the video that had just been delivered. I took it for a test drive and was thinking to myself, uh oh I made a mistake. I like this one better.
My wife and I went back to the Ford Dealership and cancelled the sale.

To me the power, interior and driveabilty between the two cars were negligible, but the body styling and "Cool Factor" went to the Camaro by an insurmountable margin. So, while the online reviews appear to favor the Mustang over the Camaro (I still haven't seen any definative comparisons between similar 2012 V6 models though), my own personal seat of the pants review favors the Camaro by a narrow margin.

Thanks for the read
Tony
gopruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #76
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
I have been lurking Camaro and Mustang sites to determine which car I wanted to buy since I like (and wanted both). I had no experience with either of these cars and wanted the one that suited me best. Based on the online reviews, I purchased the 2012 Mustang V6 with the "Pony Pkg".

Unfortunately the Mustang we purchased wasn't in stock and had to be picked up the next day so My wife and I mosied over to O'Connel Chevrolet to see the car we didn't choose. The salesman showed me the 2012 Camaro in the video that had just been delivered. I took it for a test drive and was thinking to myself, uh oh I made a mistake. I like this one better.

To me the power, interior and driveabilty between the two cars were negligible, but the body styling and "Cool Factor" went to the Camaro by an insurmountable margin. So, while the online reviews appear to favor the Mustang over the Camaro (I still haven't seen any definative comparisons between similar 2012 V6 models though), my own personal seat of the pants review favors the Camaro by a narrow margin.

Thanks for the read
Tony
Of corse the camaro why would ANYONE buy anything else

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #77
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

Thanks for the read
Tony
Welcome Tony!

Congrats on the purchase, and thanks for the insight!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #78
gopruitt

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I really have no regrets on my decision to buy the Camaro. Now, what performance upgrades are available for the new LFX engine?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #79
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I really have no regrets on my decision to buy the Camaro. Now, what performance upgrades are available for the new LFX engine?
sides CIA and mufflers nothing else far as i know

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #80
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:

Thanks for the read
Tony
Congrats on making the right choice! Were all hoping to see some reviews of the new v6 camaros and what it does 0-60. Would love to see how it does up against the v6 stang!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #81
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Is the tick sound still on the V6 or did it go away on the 2012 engine.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #82
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
All the current aftermarket parts should fit except shorty or LT headers.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #83
baup5f

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
Quote:
my guess would be axle back mufflers only at this point (no real gains with these anyways, just changes the sound). as KMP pointed out with the new MAF sensor and radiator cap location, all the aftermarket intakes may not work now, just have to play the waiting game and companies should slowly start putting stuff out
Old 08-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #84
gopruitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Is the tick sound still on the V6 or did it go away on the 2012 engine.
No ticks yet