Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
MY TARGET PRODUCTION WEEK (TPW)

Hey Guys & Gals:

I just got off the phone with my dealership, and had the General Mgr. check on my order, which had not even been pulled yet. He gave me great news, and told me that my TPW is June 1st. I will save the other, more emotional smilies, for when my Camaro actually arrives.

By the way he read the story, I e-mailed, about the guy in Kentucky, who's car was sold to the owner's son, and he couldn't believe it. He also couldn't believe, and asked me if it was true, that dealers in the states are selling the cars for anywhere from 5-15K over MSRP? I told him that they try, but I don't think they found any suckers.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Congrats
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Hey Guys & Gals:

I just got off the phone with my dealership, and had the General Mgr. check on my order, which had not even been pulled yet. He gave me great news, and told me that my TPW is June 1st. I will save the other, more emotional smilies, for when my Camaro actually arrives.

By the way he read the story, I e-mailed, about the guy in Kentucky, who's car was sold to the owner's son, and he couldn't believe it. He also couldn't believe, and asked me if it was true, that dealers in the states are selling the cars for anywhere from 5-15K over MSRP? I told him that they try, but I don't think they found any suckers.
i pretty sure they found a couple suckers. Congrats on the TPW. I got one too, but it is June 15 which is way later than i was hoping, but it is good to see my order moving along the system

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluch View Post
i pretty sure they found a couple suckers. Congrats on the TPW. I got one too, but it is June 15 which is way later than i was hoping, but it is good to see my order moving along the system
Your day will sneak up on you faster than you think, it's nice to see the Canucks will be able to enjoy their cars for THIS SUMMER.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey Frank, i swear i remember telling you that i thought your car would probably come in June, and i think im right!
There should be no QC holds for you, and i think the white stripes will be dealer installed since its a 1SS which means you should see you car first week or second week June!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #6
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
I ordered my 2LT RS A6 IBM on 3/28/09 and have a tpw of 6/1 as well. Lets see if we get it on time...
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:18 AM   #7
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hey Frank, i swear i remember telling you that i thought your car would probably come in June, and i think im right!
There should be no QC holds for you, and i think the white stripes will be dealer installed since its a 1SS which means you should see you car first week or second week June!
When I ordered ALL grey & white stripes were factory installed, I think that changed after full production started, remember all the cars in the lot, in those Oshawa pics? Either way as long as they're on & done right.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
Hopefully most of us get our cars before the summer is over !
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Hey I also have a tpw of june 1st. Any idea when I will get my car?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSRS View Post
Hey I also have a tpw of june 1st. Any idea when I will get my car?
sales manger told me to expect it 1 month after my TPW. and if it comes any earlier than that, then its a bonus....mid july is to far away

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #11
Bowtie Girl

Drives: Black 2LT RS Auto 20" Polished
they found a sucker at my dealership. this person bought a 1LT with sunroof, nothing else for 5k over MSRP. Crazy and if people would just stop doing that the dealers couldnt do what they are doing. I ordered mine and got it for MSRP.
Bowtie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #12
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Why did he say a month. Cars have been arrived about 5-7 days after being built. Max 2 weeks from the day its built
Did you order stripes?
If not and since its an auto, theres no QC hold or delay, therfore you car should be there about a week or two after its built, which would give you a late June or first week July delivery. But i seriously think that it would be there around the last week of June for you
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Girl View Post
they found a sucker at my dealership. this person bought a 1LT with sunroof, nothing else for 5k over MSRP. Crazy and if people would just stop doing that the dealers couldnt do what they are doing. I ordered mine and got it for MSRP.
I think the saying goes "there's a sucker born every minute", at least the money is coming out of his pocket and not ours
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Why did he say a month. Cars have been arrived about 5-7 days after being built. Max 2 weeks from the day its built
Did you order stripes?
If not and since its an auto, theres no QC hold or delay, therfore you car should be there about a week or two after its built, which would give you a late June or first week July delivery. But i seriously think that it would be there around the last week of June for you
TJ you're our guy with the cystal ball, you were right on the TPW for me, so I believe you're right about the arrival being a couple of weeks after build.