Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
Do people not understand pricing?

I work in retail in the mall. A small cookie store to be exact. Some people complain that prices are too high while others say it's reasonable. I do not understand those who say "how much did you say for that cookie" or "I can make a whole batch for that price". It drives me crazy! Duh we have to mark it up enough to cover ALL costs AND make a profit! On top of that who is forcing anyone to buy it?! If you walk up to the counter I am here to wait on you and collect money for the products YOU chose to buy! It's not rocket science! If you want to make it yourself then by all means go for it.

Sorry just had to rant! Thanks for reading and please post your opinions on this too!
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
People are morons. Especially older people who remember when $0.05 would buy a house. They just need to deal or get over it.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
Too bad you can't educate them on Economics 101 right then and there
I don't want to get into a long post, but "you're always free to start your own store, make your own stuff and sell it for what ever price you want if you feel the price is too high. Remember, you are paying for convenience" is about the gist of it.

When some folks object, I tell 'em that "even if I told you it's a quarter, you'd still complain".
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Jeremeymt

Yes older people are the worst. Yes I agree no matter what you price it at there will always be those that are never happy. I'm college educated with a business management degree and I understand how it all works. I guess more people need more education!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This is an interesting discussion for a site that wants GM to be profitable and at the same time get sports cars substantially under cost.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
Its just sign o the times....I run a repair shop here in FT laud FL....and selling work on the toilet bowl cars that seem to come in all day is almost imposs!!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
I tell some people that get me frustraded......how about I pay you for the privilege of working on your toilet bowl car???? plus there are alot of Haitians here that dont know how to live in a real commerce society.....
Old 09-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #8
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I see this same stuff everyday. I work in an auto repair shop, we call people and give them an estimate on the repairs. That estimate is almost always + - $20 bucks of the actual cost when they come get their car. But without fail we will usually get some guy bring his girlfriend in with a comment of "$300 bucks are you kidding me I could have done that for $150". Dude we called and said $300 and got an OK before we did ANY work. If you could have done it for $150 then why didn't you? People like that annoy me to no end. Are prices are very clearly displayed when you walk in and we call and talk to you extensively before we do any work and yet people still whine. Seeing this crap day in and day out I very very rarely argue about a price.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
for a time mass profits sould come last

quality
performance
market share
profits
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
If you dont know that you are going to be charged more at a mall, you re an idiot. If you are fighting over the price of cookies you re just a (insert profanity here). Cookies are not a "need"
Old 09-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
for a time mass profits sould come last

quality
performance
market share
profits
I agree. I just find the subject matter provocative and interesting.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #12
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
moron old people

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
People are morons. Especially older people who remember when $0.05 would buy a house. They just need to deal or get over it.
hey v6sonoma...kiss my old ass..ok// i am old person and believe me, i am a realist...i know the cost of goods and services go up...so don't put "especially older people" in total catagory like this...young , middle and older people are all guilty of these comments about prices..so lighten up!!
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #13
Jeremeymt

Exactly! All of you make good points. Whether it's a cookie or car repair it all comes down to cost and profit. We wouldn't stay in business if no one was buying our products. Our company started in 1976 so obviously something has gone right! I never ever go somewhere and complain about the prices when I'm standing there placing an order! A customers biggest power is NOT to buy but when you proceed to buy something why complain?? Idiots! A lot of times when someone really gets me going I say "where do you work?" And soooo many times it's another retail place and I just look at them like don't you know better then!
Old 09-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #14
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Just note the 70s was the boom of the mall's as the strip malls went bust and all those 1 product [in gen] places thrived in the mall.
Like the piano and organ store, its all they sell, the guy looked to be standing there all alone all day, but they turn a profit in the end from the mass traffic.

Just be ready for the bust.

Malls are dead here.
Its now back the the older strip mall set up for some reason.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote